Games I'm Interested in this Weekend

Tex Pete

I’m a huge college football fan. I love the matchups of teams that run different styles of offenses and defenses, which is why college ball is so much more entertaining than the NFL. I also love to analyze games, but I’m pretty lazy when it comes to writing/typing it all out. We’ll see if I have the time and energy to do this again.

Mississippi State versus Kansas State

Miss State has amassed some pretty good talent over the last few years, certainly by their standards, but Dan Mullen isn’t in Starkville any longer. K-State seems to be moving in the opposite direction. IMO, this isn’t Bill Snyder’s pre-Ron Prince Wildcat team. The timeless one is still coaching up 3 star talent, but they just don’t have the random playmakers they once did. Who are these teams? I plan to watch and find out.

Arizona versus Houston

Kevin Sumlin’s Wildcats couldn’t quite get over the hump last week against BYU. They have some playmakers, starting of course with dynamic QB Khalil Tate, but can Sumlin bring their chaos into order? Tate ran all over the field last Saturday, but struggled connecting with receivers. He really didn’t even look like a poor man’s Johnny Manziel. It was kind of pathetic for a “Heisman candidate.” Will playing Cougars a second week in a row end better for Arizona?

Duke versus Northwestern

The battle of the athletic nerds. I don’t really care about either of these teams, but it’s a matchup of similar schools with former sad sack programs that have been pretty decent for several years. Should be fun to watch.

Georgia Tech versus South Florida

GT is always entertaining because their option attack is foreign to most teams they play. Defending the option in a one-off often represents a challenge to defenses because they just don’t defend the option frequently. It allows GT to do more with less. And Charlie Strong’s teams, as we well know, often manage to do less with more. I’m curious to see how the Fightin’ Charlies do, much like I’m curious about major car accidents.

UCLA versus Oklahoma

Fuck OU. There, I said it. It’d be great if a steamroller managed to flatten their team buses on the way to the stadium one week. People have been singing their praises after they ran all over Lane Kiffen’s overmatched FAU squad last weekend, but that game was never expected to be close. UCLA has more talent, but Wilton Speight? If he’s the answer, somebody asked a stupid question. The Bruins were unimpressive in Chip Kelly’s debut against Cincinnati. He’s an asshole and the Sooners are fucktards. Something’s gotta give.   

Georgia versus South Carolina

How will the best players money can buy fare against a raging Will Muschamp?

Colorado versus Nebraska

A renewal of a rivalry from days when both teams had high aspirations. Can Scott Frost revive the Big Red Machine?

North Carolina versus East Carolina

I didn’t even realize East Carolina was a state. This is very confusing. I do have a feeling this season may be Larry Fedora’s swan song at UNC. They sure have sucked lately. And after the years of cheating in Chapel Hill, they have nothing to show for it.

Iowa State versus Iowa

This is a low-key rivalry that most college football fans don’t pay much attention to. I am interested in seeing if the Cyclones are back with another exciting year of beating some teams they shouldn’t and building a better program for the future. Matt Campbell is a great coach, but Iowa is traditionally the much more accomplished and heralded program (for whatever that’s worth). The Hawkeyes edged out the Cyclones last year, despite the Cyclones’ resurgence. One thing’s for sure: the Cyclones won’t sneak up on the Hawkeyes.

Tulsa versus Texas

Meh. Texas better come out fired up and put the Golden Hurricane away from the kickoff. Herman is finding out the spotlight in Austin will melt a coach quickly.

Clemson versus Texas A&M.

Last week, aggy was back! against the Little Sisters of the Poor. This week, reality is going to knock their teeth out. If fan enthusiasm won games, I'd give this one to the ags. It doesn't. Unless the 12th Man is a lockdown corner or a road grading O-Lineman, the Tigers are going to fuck the perpetual shit talking aggies up. I'm sure Leon O'Neal will run his mouth until time runs out, just to be sure. Of course, Jimbo Fisher has won a national championship...back when he wasn't a low-T cuckold and when his team was actually talented. Too many holes in this A&M squad. Pooooor aggies.

USC versus Stanford

Another “who are these teams?” game. Stanford often has workmanlike years in which they seem to quietly break teams and win games by a FG or a TD. And they sometimes stub their toes against teams they should easily put away. Who is the 2018 Cardinal? And how will SC fare without Sam Darnold?

Thoughts? What games are y’all interested in?

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 9

6 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

I have no idea why you're interested in OU-UCLA.

OU is going to skull-fuck UCLA.

I agree completely.

Just wanting to see if Kelly makes any progress. Also, I don't think Kyler Murray is going to hold up to a lot of hits. I hope we see him take a lot of hits.

• Like 1

Ok, that post shook me a little bit...   I'm interested in UF/UK, I can fully understand why only fans of those two schools would be interested.

I want to see if the UF "offense" still exists from last week or did I take shrooms and visualize reasonable QB play...

Also I love to see UK fight both the gata and their own insecurities in breaking The Streak...  Narrator "They won't"

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I can honestly say for the first time that I can remember that I'm not really interested in any college football games.  Even the thought of aggy getting butt raped with no lube doesn't interest me.  Thanks Tom.

I'm an 11:00 a.m. till I can't keep my eyes open on Saturday college football fan. Our game last Saturday ruined my football watching. I didn't even care about any of the games after we shit the bed. I watched very casually because I felt obligated, but I wasn't into it.

th?id=OIP.YDiCzsCe5RCHDqHyzPysigHaEK

I'll still be fired up in the morning.

11a/12p

I will flip between Miss St-K State and UCLA-land thieves.

230p

Georgia-South Carolina all the way.  I think this will be a good game.

6/7p

Will start off Clemson at aggie.  I am shocked the line here is only 12, I'd have guessed it would be 20-20.5.  Usually when I am shocked I am wrong though.

No LHN for me so I need to find a stream for the Tulsa tune up.

945p

Mich St-ASU.  I think Mich St is over rated this year and this will be a good game because Pac-12 night games are generally competitive chaos.

22 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I'm an 11:00 a.m. till I can't keep my eyes open on Saturday college football fan. Our game last Saturday ruined my football watching. I didn't even care about any of the games after we shit the bed. I watched very casually because I felt obligated, but I wasn't into it.

THIS Right here I barely paid any attention the rest of the day. I give so little fucks I’m going surfing tomorrow instead of watching college football. UT has just raped the joy out of my life. And in this season of putrefying misery I can see aggy keeping that fucking game close causing even more misery.  Fuck I’ll be we beat Tulsa 32-23 or some lame duck shot 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I’m a huge college football fan. I love the matchups of teams that run different styles of offenses and defenses, which is why college ball is so much more entertaining than the NFL. I also love to analyze games, but I’m pretty lazy when it comes to writing/typing it all out. We’ll see if I have the time and energy to do this again.

Miss State has amassed some pretty good talent over the last few years, certainly by their standards, but Dan Mullen isn’t in Starkville any longer. K-State seems to be moving in the opposite direction. IMO, this isn’t Bill Snyder’s pre-Ron Prince Wildcat team. The timeless one is still coaching up 3 star talent, but they just don’t have the random playmakers they once did. Who are these teams? I plan to watch and find out.

Arizona versus Houston

Kevin Sumlin’s Wildcats couldn’t quite get over the hump last week against BYU. They have some playmakers, starting of course with dynamic QB Khalil Tate, but can Sumlin bring their chaos into order? Tate ran all over the field last Saturday, but struggled connecting with receivers. He really didn’t even look like a poor man’s Johnny Manziel. It was kind of pathetic for a “Heisman candidate.” Will playing Cougars a second week in a row end better for Arizona?

Duke versus Northwestern

The battle of the athletic nerds. I don’t really care about either of these teams, but it’s a matchup of similar schools with former sad sack programs that have been pretty decent for several years. Should be fun to watch.

GT is always entertaining because their option attack is foreign to most teams they play. Defending the option in a one-off often represents a challenge to defenses because they just don’t defend the option frequently. It allows GT to do more with less. And Charlie Strong’s teams, as we well know, often manage to do less with more. I’m curious to see how the Fightin’ Charlies do, much like I’m curious about major car accidents.

UCLA versus Oklahoma

Fuck OU. There, I said it. It’d be great if a steamroller managed to flatten their team buses on the way to the stadium one week. People have been singing their praises after they ran all over Lane Kiffen’s overmatched FAU squad last weekend, but that game was never expected to be close. UCLA has more talent, but Wilton Speight? If he’s the answer, somebody asked a stupid question. The Bruins were unimpressive in Chip Kelly’s debut against Cincinnati. He’s an asshole and the Sooners are fucktards. Something’s gotta give.   

Colorado versus Nebraska

A renewal of a rivalry from days when both teams had high aspirations. Can Scott Frost revive the Big Red Machine?

I didn’t even realize East Carolina was a state. This is very confusing. I do have a feeling this season may be Larry Fedora’s swan song at UNC. They sure have sucked lately. And after the years of cheating in Chapel Hill, they have nothing to show for it.

Iowa State versus Iowa

This is a low-key rivalry that most college football fans don’t pay much attention to. I am interested in seeing if the Cyclones are back with another exciting year of beating some teams they shouldn’t and building a better program for the future. Matt Campbell is a great coach, but Iowa is traditionally the much more accomplished and heralded program (for whatever that’s worth). The Hawkeyes edged out the Cyclones last year, despite the Cyclones’ resurgence. One thing’s for sure: the Cyclones won’t sneak up on the Hawkeyes.

Tulsa versus Texas

Meh. Texas better come out fired up and put the Golden Hurricane away from the kickoff. Herman is finding out the spotlight in Austin will melt a coach quickly.

Last week, aggy was back! against the Little Sisters of the Poor. This week, reality is going to knock their teeth out. If fan enthusiasm won games, I'd give this one to the ags. It doesn't. Unless the 12th Man is a lockdown corner or a road grading O-Lineman, the Tigers are going to fuck the perpetual shit talking aggies up. I'm sure Leon O'Neal will run his mouth until time runs out, just to be sure. Of course, Jimbo Fisher has won a national championship...back when he wasn't a low-T cuckold and when his team was actually talented. Too many holes in this A&M squad. Pooooor aggies.

USC versus Stanford

Another “who are these teams?” game. Stanford often has workmanlike years in which they seem to quietly break teams and win games by a FG or a TD. And they sometimes stub their toes against teams they should easily put away. Who is the 2018 Cardinal? And how will SC fare without Sam Darnold?

Thoughts? What games are y’all interested in?

I like the list you have generated, and will likely be interested in the ones mentioned...

I'm sure I will watch the battle for the Iron Skillet a bit tonite... A few others would be: 
New Mexico/ Wisconsin
Duke/ Northwestern
Colorado/ Nebraska
Iowa State/ Iowa
Wyoming/ Missouri & California/ BYU...
Nationally I will be most interested in the Penn State/ Pittsburgh game, as it's an old rivalry, and also an ACC vs B1G regional match for bragging rights... 

Same, but don't know if I can muster up a gaf about a bunch of 2nd stringers barely pulling out a win against Tulsa. Might be fun to see a couple Freshmen that havent played yet though..

2 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I 

UCLA versus Oklahoma

While I think we're going to get reamed with a white hot poker, we are nowhere near as bad as we played last week.  And we always seem to pull out one game we have no business winning.  As they say, that's why they play the games.

42 minutes ago, n64ra said:

aggy - Clemson is the only game I am interested in beside Texas - Tulsa. I didn't even realize CU was at NU since neither is ranked. Do miss that annual game.

Interesting that you bring up this rivalry since they are no longer in the same conference yet they still found a way to put each other on their respective schedules out of respect to the game and to quench the bloodlust they each have.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, spit and tears said:

Ohio State vs Rutgers.  Interested only because I will be there--tbh probably won't even be that interesting in person, plus it might be taking place in a monsoon.

Otherwise Texas/Tulsa--though it's almost disconcerting how quickly I became disgusted with Texas this season--and Clemson/aggy.

A monsoon may be the only thing that stops OSU from hitting 100 points.

While I think we're going to get reamed with a white hot poker, we are nowhere near as bad as we played last week.  And we always seem to pull out one game we have no business winning.  As they say, that's why they play the games.
Is this a home and home? You guys let us down against aggy then redeemed yourself last year, my one request is do it the other way round versus blowU..

34 minutes ago, ousux said:
2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Is this a home and home? You guys let us down against aggy then redeemed yourself last year, my one request is do it the other way round versus blowU..

Yes, they come to the Rose Bowl next year.

16 hours ago, Loco said:

Ok, that post shook me a little bit...   I'm interested in UF/UK, I can fully understand why only fans of those two schools would be interested.

I want to see if the UF "offense" still exists from last week or did I take shrooms and visualize reasonable QB play...

Also I love to see UK fight both the gata and their own insecurities in breaking The Streak...  Narrator "They won't"

I'll just settle for UK to cover the receivers pre snap this year

28 minutes ago, Underdog said:

To be fair, in recent years past that was optional against the Gata...  I have cousins who live in Kentucky and are big Cats fans, you should have heard them chirp during the Hal Mummy sp? years...  

Spoiler

img348.source.prod_affiliate.79.jpg

On 9/8/2018 at 7:30 AM, Underdog said:

No you won't UD you glorious bastard.....   had a party to go to last night so I was watching on delay when I got home....FURK

Congrats, had to feel good

• Like 1

Following up on the weekend:

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:30 PM, Tex Pete said:

We now have a better idea who these teams are. My evaluation was pretty good. Snyder is struggling to keep his team remotely relevant. I think the Mildcats, like their head coach, sleep with their teeth in a glass on the nightstand.

Arizona versus Houston

Arizona is bad. Sumlin has a bigger task ahead than I thought. Not sure he's a good enough coach to get it done.

Duke versus Northwestern

Duke has better athletes than Northwestern. Cutcliffe has done a great job.

South Florida finished strong, much to my surprise. Maybe Charlie will be able to maintain Taggart's success at USF.

UCLA versus Oklahoma

I think UCLA will get the ship right, but it may take a while. Murray didn't take very many hits Saturday, and apparently Kelly agreed with me about Wilton Speight.

South Carolina is the same team they've been, and Will Muschamp is the same coach he's been. Just another shitty SEC East team with a shitty offense. The game was over after South Carolina's first offensive possession and the OC's stupid playcalling. They won't be beating aggy this year.

Hey Will, offense matters.

Colorado versus Nebraska

This game was really entertaining. Felt like Nebraska controlled the whole game, but they lost it at the end. Frost has brought energy back to the program. The Huskers are going to make some noise soon.  

Fedora may not last the season. The Tarheels suck.

Iowa State versus Iowa

The game was a battle from start to finish. Both teams were more boring than usual. I am not a fan of Stanley as the Hawks' QB. Still hard ot tell what both teams have.

Tulsa versus Texas

Meh.

Aggy played much better than I expected. Clemson didn't play as well as I expected. It's hard to take a lot away from this game other than the ags don't look like they're nearly as mistake prone as they have been. How good is Clemson, really?

USC versus Stanford

The Trojans didn't look very good. They looked more athletic than we are, but considering how poor we've looked, that's not saying a whole lot. Stanford beat a team they should have. We'll see what that means. USC-Texas is shaping up to be a cripple fight.