Tulsa will beat us

El Moco

I have performed extensive mental gymnastics in the last 24 hours to convince myself that because Herman is relatively young as a head coach, he has learned from his mistakes, unlike Strong who was too old. There. That’s my rationalization for being optimistic.

I have performed extensive mental gymnastics in the last 24 hours to convince myself that because Herman is relatively young as a head coach, he has learned from his mistakes, unlike Strong who was too old. There. That’s my rationalization for being optimistic.
You must have missed the Monday PC where he essentially told everyone that they don't know shit about football and that the team is so good that they make themselves lose.

I'm optimistic that we'll come out and handle Tulsa from the word go. Then I think about that being the same thought I had against Maryland. If we struggle in the 1st like last week, it's going to be a long game that Tulsa can definitely win. We are mentally deficient on both sides of the ball. 

Edited by mdmost

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

The meltdown on this board would be something else if we lost a home game to fucking Tulsa.

And it couldn't melt down hot and fast enough.  It should and it should be a fireable offense immediately, period. Which of course it won't.

I think sometimes people get meltdowns here (and in most CFB BB's) wrong.  Yeah some of them are Overreaction City, but the meltdown this week was due to the absoutely shitty, awful, godforsaken, putrid, vomitous, fart-infested, fucktarded, imbecilic, stupid, asshoeish, fucktarded coaching and prep.  It doesn't matter if they'd go 11-0 with 11 shutouts now.  It wasn't "oh dear, what does this mean for the future?" inasmuch as it was "FUCK YOU GODDAMMIT, I had to sit through THAT SHIT and watch the absolute WORST bullshit prep and playcalling imaginable?"  It deserved a meltdown.  And any efforts that come like that also do.  Fuck whether "we're back" or "it's a long season" blah blah.  Fine.  Just fuck me in the ass with the shit I saw in FedEx last week.  I don't deserve it.  And you get paid WAY fucking too much for me to not deserve it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zharkov said:

That was in a downpour... what's the goddamn weather in Austin tonight?

Its nice right now. Little rain earlier as we were hiking out of the green belt. Just muggy, little cloudy, hot. It keeps acting like it's going to rain but I'll believe it when I am soaking wet. 

Wife bought a poncho so that guarantees it wont rain. 

I would like the opportunity to watch Texas and think, "now that's how football should be played."  The last time I recall feeling that was was Notre Dame in 2016.  Swoopes running over people and Buechelle heaving some long passes.  People doing what they are supposed to do.  Seems almost odd now.

28 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

And it couldn't melt down hot and fast enough.  It should and it should be a fireable offense immediately, period. Which of course it won't.

I think sometimes people get meltdowns here (and in most CFB BB's) wrong.  Yeah some of them are Overreaction City, but the meltdown this week was due to the absoutely shitty, awful, godforsaken, putrid, vomitous, fart-infested, fucktarded, imbecilic, stupid, asshoeish, fucktarded coaching and prep.  It doesn't matter if they'd go 11-0 with 11 shutouts now.  It wasn't "oh dear, what does this mean for the future?" inasmuch as it was "FUCK YOU GODDAMMIT, I had to sit through THAT SHIT and watch the absolute WORST bullshit prep and playcalling imaginable?"  It deserved a meltdown.  And any efforts that come like that also do.  Fuck whether "we're back" or "it's a long season" blah blah.  Fine.  Just fuck me in the ass with the shit I saw in FedEx last week.  I don't deserve it.  And you get paid WAY fucking too much for me to not deserve it.

not to mention the fucking lightning delay.

13 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

I would like the opportunity to watch Texas and think, "now that's how football should be played."  The last time I recall feeling that was was Notre Dame in 2016.  Swoopes running over people and Buechelle heaving some long passes.  People doing what they are supposed to do.  Seems almost odd now.

This game and OU 2015 were the only two times we looked like a complete team after Brown left.