2018 Seattle Mariners Thread

MC Fresh Breath

The Seattle Mariners released Ichiro Suzuki on Thursday so that he can shift to a front office position with the team.

Suzuki will immediately become a special assistant to the chairman, focusing on helping the team with outfield play, base running and hitting.

"We want to make sure we capture all of the value that Ichiro brings to this team off the field," Mariners general manager Jerry Dipoto said in a release. "This new role is a way to accomplish that. While it will evolve over time, the key is that Ichiro's presence in our clubhouse and with our players and staff improves our opportunity to win games. That is our number-one priority and Ichiro's number-one priority."

https://www.ksat.com/sports/ichiro-suzuki-joining-mariners-front-office

Hey, I saw the highlights this morning.  Cinco de Mayo libations put me to bed early.  Nice win.  Would be lovely to win this series.  Quite the competitive division we have this year.  Glad to see we are putting up a fight.  I feel like if our pitching can stay healthy, we could stay in it.

Masking agent. 

Under MLB's drug policy, a player is not automatically suspended for use of a diuretic unless MLB can prove he intended to use it as a masking agent.

A source familiar with the case told ESPN's T.J. Quinn that Cano tested positive before the season and appealed. During the appeal, MLB apparently was able to determine his intent, resulting in Cano dropping his appeal, the source said.