Dallas Stars 2018-2019 Season Thread

Longhorn_Fan68

Blues beat Canucks to get to 99 points. It was a SO win, though, so they're stuck on 42 ROW -- same as Nashville. I don't know the next tie-break if Nashville only earns one point tonight. They'd both have 99 points. A Winnipeg win over Arizona gives them the division title unless the Preds beat Blackhawks. Think I'm OK playing either Winnipeg or Nashville before matching up with the Blues.

17 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Somebody get hurt? Out with friends watching Tech game. Zuccarello not playing — precautionary or what?

Referring to Bishop's nebulous injury. "Soft tissue issue" was issued by Razor at least twice in reference to some saves. As much as I love Dobby it's on Bishop and his back we gotta ride.

Previous channel and DVR 

Edited by cactusflinthead

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

Zuccarello out for a reason?

They said didn't want to risk him again before the playoffs. He may have not felt 100 percent after that game and they felt a week off would be better for him. Going to need him, he's the difference between having 2 legit scoring lines to go with that top 10 defense and goaltending or only having 1. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

They said didn't want to risk him again before the playoffs. He may have not felt 100 percent after that game and they felt a week off would be better for him. Going to need him, he's the difference between having 2 legit scoring lines to go with that top 10 defense and goaltending or only having 1. 

Gugree.

Well, now that we get Nashville, I wonder what Monty does in goal. I assume Bishop is the guy but Khudobin has seemingly gotten into Nashville's heads.

At any rate, just glad we're back in the playoffs. I think we could make some noise.

Here’s the schedule (pretty sure all times are EST):

Nashville Predators (C1) vs. Dallas Stars (WC2)

Wednesday, April 10, 9:30 p.m.: Stars @ Predators | USA, SN1, TVA Sports

Saturday, April 13, 6 p.m.: Stars @ Predators | CNBC, SN, TVA Sports

Monday, April 15, 9:30 p.m.: Predators @ Stars | NBCSN, SN, TVA Sports

Wednesday, April 17, 8 p.m. Predators @ Stars | USA, SN, TVA Sports

*Saturday, April 20, TBD: Stars @ Predators | TBD

*Monday, April 22, TBD: Predators @ Stars | TBD

*Wednesday, April 24, TBD: Stars @ Predators | TBD

• Like 1

I'm pretty stoked about this matchup. It was basically a season tie. 2-1-2 for us and 3-2 for them. Both got 6 points out of the series.

And we wrapped it up before the stars were really playing well. I don't think we've hit 100% yet. I don't think we've played a true complete game this season. And with the potential for two true scoring lines, i like our chances.

I think we'll see another gear, maybe three from this team.

3 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I'm pretty stoked about this matchup. It was basically a season tie. 2-1-2 for us and 3-2 for them. Both got 6 points out of the series.

And we wrapped it up before the stars were really playing well. I don't think we've hit 100% yet. I don't think we've played a true complete game this season. And with the potential for two true scoring lines, i like our chances.

Guhgreed.

We going to get an all encompassing NHL Playoff thread? 

I’ll be interested to see if Benn has another gear. He’s been disappointing this season to say the least. Would be dope if he can make a Dallas legend of himself in the playoffs. 

Anyway, planning on flying in for the game a week from tomorrow. Should be fun. 

1 hour ago, Gucci_Suit said:

I’ll be interested to see if Benn has another gear. He’s been disappointing this season to say the least. Would be dope if he can make a Dallas legend of himself in the playoffs. 

Anyway, planning on flying in for the game a week from tomorrow. Should be fun. 

That one series against the Kings, he was a beast. 

23 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Any injuries over on that side to concern ourselves with. We haven't seen them in quite some time. Rinne is 36 and not what he once was -- I hope.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/26468983/stanley-cup-playoff-hype-rankings-which-series-see

5. Nashville Predators vs. Dallas Stars

Star power: 8
Secondary plot lines: 2
Hate factor: 6
Controversy quotient: 4
Arena atmosphere: 8
Game 7 probability: 6
Beardosity: 7
Overall hype ranking: 41

The Central Division's wacky final days produced this Winter Classic 2020 preview, as the Predators and Stars have a hoedown, er, showdown in the first round. Obviously, there are big names to watch on both teams, especially in goal, as Pekka Rinne and Ben Bishop could determine who advances (for better or worse). Ryan Ellis alone elevates the Beardosity here.

On the downside, there aren't a ton of compelling narratives heading into this series, outside of revisiting the fecal-based criticisms of Stars players by their team president. Given some antagonistic games between these two in recent years, this one could get a little rough, however

• 4 weeks later...