Ingram should starts

EvilCaseMcCoy

I'll preface with the fact that physically Ingram is not 100% yet...

But Ingram still doesn't seem mentally right.  Freakin' uptight, stumblin, bumblin emotional mess. Confidence seems shot.  If he were a golfer, I would say he's got a case of the yips. 

May need a visit with a sports psychologist pronto. A lot of his current struggles are from what's going on in his head...

Here's what I don't get...

All this hand-wringing about Ingram, what's wrong with Ingram, why does a converted QB look so much better, etc.

Ingram had 13 carries for 74 yds (5.7 ypc) and 2 TDs last night.

RoJo had 11 carries for 59 yds (5.4 ypc) and 0 TDs last night.

Yes, Ingram looked like shit against LSU.  But we all know he's not 100%.  And he's still averaging 5.3 ypc on the year.

RoJo is averaging 4.7 ypc on the year.

Ingram's averaging more yards per reception, too.

So maybe somebody can explain to me how RoJo looks phenomenal and Ingram looks like shit?

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

All this hand-wringing about Ingram, what's wrong with Ingram, why does a converted QB look so much better, etc.

Yes, Ingram looked like shit against LSU.  But we all know he's not 100%.  And he's still averaging 5.3 ypc on the year.

So maybe somebody can explain to me how RoJo looks phenomenal and Ingram looks like shit?

Expectations.  RoJo did have a TD in the passing game.  Need more than 1 running back these days, often 3, so it's good that our 3rd string QB is a pretty good RB.  Both players can thrive complimenting each other.

1 minute ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Expectations.  RoJo did have a TD in the passing game.  Need more than 1 running back these days, often 3, so it's good that our 3rd string QB is a pretty good RB.  Both players can thrive complimenting each other.

Agreed.  Glad to see Daniel Young back, as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm in the camp that's been very pleasantly surprised by RoJo.  He looks legit.

But the consensus on this board is that Ingram is having a bust year and RoJo should start, and the numbers don't bear that out at all.

because he doesn't. he just didn't play well enough on a few plays against lsu. that's it.

3 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

Mr. Ingram grew up tonight. Seventeen rushes for 106 yards (6.2 per carry) and one catch for 38 yards. Countless missed tackles and broken ankles.

And still most of the fourth to play.

Well done, sir.

now combine that with a FACE FULL OF JOHNSON and it's been a great three quarters for the ground game.

His YPC tonight was 5.4.  It was 5.3 on the season before tonight.  The only real difference was that he was able to get more carries, presumably because he's healthier.
He's only played one bad game all year, against a very good defensive front.
He's gonna be just fine.

This isn’t the place to be sensible.
  • Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 11:39 AM, TexArcher said:

RoJo will be a Duvernay clone his Sr year in the slot. Won’t last at RB. Thankful for him this year

• Like 1

• 1 month later...