Defensive Line

Neonmoon

Our DL is a god damn joke. Hager is a one play wonder. Does Omnihue still start? I wouldn’t know since he disappears during games. Can the complete farce of “Giles can’t recruit but is a great coach” story finally die? People keep repeating it but it’s not true. He is a waste of space. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

here's the amazing thing.  hager is such a god in practice that our coaching staff and team voted him as one of the team leaders.  which begs the question, how fucking bad are the rest of the guys he's competing against?  and what the fuck are they coaching in practice?

They aren't coaching apparently

41 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

here's the amazing thing.  hager is such a god in practice that our coaching staff and team voted him as one of the team leaders.  which begs the question, how fucking bad are the rest of the guys he's competing against?  and what the fuck are they coaching in practice?

Not to dog on Hager but didn't he just tell us fans to shut up over the Maryland loss and that we would see a true performance of what this Texas team would have for the season in this Tulsa game? What a season to look forward to

3 hours ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

Not to dog on Hager but didn't he just tell us fans to shut up over the Maryland loss and that we would see a true performance of what this Texas team would have for the season in this Tulsa game? What a season to look forward to

Hager is such a douchebag. There, I said it.

The most important positions on a team after QB are the lines. Our lines are terrible. I never thought we had much talent on either line, but because Mensa was so effusive in his praise for the DL, I figured I didn’t know squat. I may not know squat, but our lines suck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

The most important positions on a team after QB are the lines. Our lines are terrible. I never thought we had much talent on either line, but because Mensa was so effusive in his praise for the DL, I figured I didn’t know squat. I may not know squat, but our lines suck.

we are poor in the trenches. 

Good thread.  Everyone focuses on the offense but this is by far the biggest unit weakness on the team right now.   LB's probably a close 2nd but how much of that is a result of zero push from the front 4?    We knew there would be a dropoff in the front 7 with Poona and Malik playing on Sundays but it's shocking how poorly we've played considering these were still supposed to be team strengths.    

Good news is USC's OL looked horrible last night from what I saw of that game.  Of course they will probably look like world beaters against us next Saturday unless we figure something out.

9 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Our DL is a god damn joke. Hager is a one play wonder. Does Omnihue still start? I wouldn’t know since he disappears during games. Can the complete farce of “Giles can’t recruit but is a great coach” story finally die? People keep repeating it but it’s not true. He is a waste of space. 

I'm so sick and tired of reading posts that are just flat out bullshit. When the fuck did Hager make a play?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, tjhooker said:

I was laughing when they said Roach weighs 270 lbs and is playing MLB.  That's a disaster waiting to happen in coverage.  Muthafucka looks like and plays like a DE.  Why isn't he?

Roach is so out of position. It's going to get ugly in Big 12 play with the way these offenses can march up the field, but we're not the ones being paid 5 mil a year to make those decisions so I don't know...

I don’t like the new trend in playing three down linemen with a hybrid playing either down in a stance or up as an LB. OU, Texas and several other schools do this, but I don’t like it because you are basically putting a suboptimal player on the field for either a DE or an LB. I like the four man front where you have two thick DT’s and two quick, taller, lighter DE’s. With the three man front you can’t easily put Roach down in the dirt because he gets manhandled by large OT’s. Obviously since so many teams are doing it, I must be missing something.

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I don’t like the new trend in playing three down linemen with a hybrid playing either down in a stance or up as an LB. OU, Texas and several other schools do this, but I don’t like it because you are basically putting a suboptimal player on the field for either a DE or an LB. I like the four man front where you have two thick DT’s and two quick, taller, lighter DE’s. With the three man front you can’t easily put Roach down in the dirt because he gets manhandled by large OT’s. Obviously since so many teams are doing it, I must be missing something.

If you can put Hager down in the dirt you could damn sure put Roach there, at least Roach seems to play with his eyes open.

Edited by hookem48