This Punter Sux

williemackgarza

Does he really just toss up the ball and kick it wherever it hits his foot?

Like a little retard mommas boy kid thats never kicked a ball does?

Can coaches not tweek his form?

Can we not find anyone in 50k students that can punt?

Didnt someone say Dicker the kicker punted in HS?

What the fuck! Must be trying too hard to be perfect!

Pull your head out Tom

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Pull your head out Tom

Posted this a couple times myself, he seems to toss the ball up and tries to kick it instead of dropping it on his foot but his cousin sucked ass when he started so there's hope.

6 minutes ago, williemackgarza said:

Pull your head out Tom

Yes, dicker was a pretty good punter.

the good news is we have a PK that will play in the NFL.  The bad news is nick rose played in the NFL as well, so there's that.  

That said, dicker will be a good one here.   Hopefully the punter learns how the game works and becomes an asset after this season, just like his cousin did.  Face it, him sucking this year while learning on the job isn't going to do us much harm.  

He'll be fine.  He's got the deer in headlights look which we all knew would happen.  I bet we see him become much more consistent and become a solid punter towards the end of the season.  That Aussie punting program is legit and the punters they choose to send to the states have all had decent success.  We're not exactly helping him with blocking either.

3 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Pull your head out Tom

1.  Of 40+ coaches & players that need significant improvement..  I’d guess he’s the #1 possibility of a realistic few that could change

2.  At this point does it even fucking matter

He has a good leg.  His problem has been shanking them out of bounds.  I think he'll be fine.

4 hours ago, Treefidy said:

the good news is we have a PK that will play in the NFL.

Before he's attempted a college fg?  Alright then

3 minutes ago, WBT said:

He has a good leg.  His problem has been shanking them out of bounds.  I think he'll be fine.

Before he's attempted a college fg?  Alright then

Ya, he will.  He's a soccer player with a good leg and accuracy.  I watched him play in HS and it was good stuff.  And how long has it been since we had a kicker who put the ball deep in or through the end Zone?   Not saying he will be the best kicker UT has seen, just that he puts in work and will do well here before going to the league. 

Punting improved a bit this game, though every time it still looks like it's going to get blocked.  I'm sure he will continue to improve but plateau lower than Dicko whos like the VY of punting  

Watching Dickson punt brought excitement to see how he was going to pin them, his cousin punting is anxiety bordering on terror.  

Noticed quite a few Aussie punters around the country yesterday.  Was Dickos recruitment blind luck or do we have an actual scout who knows what to look for out searching?    Dicker can Punt to too, btw.  

19 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Punting improved a bit this game, though every time it still looks like it's going to get blocked.  I'm sure he will continue to improve but plateau lower than Dicko whos like the VY of punting  

Watching Dickson punt brought excitement to see how he was going to pin them, his cousin punting is anxiety bordering on terror.  

Noticed quite a few Aussie punters around the country yesterday.  Was Dickos recruitment blind luck or do we have an actual scout who knows what to look for out searching?    Dicker can Punt to too, btw.  

Until his senior year, Dickson would reliably shank at least one punt per game, though. The last half of his senior year he was the best I've ever seen in college.
I'm willing to give Booj some time. He's got the leg. I hope he limits the shanks.

And nice prediction on Dicker. That kid is nails.

3 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Until his senior year, Dickson would reliably shank at least one punt per game, though. The last half of his senior year he was the best I've ever seen in college.
I'm willing to give Booj some time. He's got the leg. I hope he limits the shanks.

Junior year. All the more reasons why he was special. 

2 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

I remember well.  I am sure he will evolve into a good punter with experience, Dicko spoiled us though.  I definitely think the rugby style is the way to go because they can limit their upfield progress stepping into the kick and change trajectory and lengthen distance for approaching defenders. 

Easiest prediction to make, I saw every game he played in HS and Dicker is a real weapon.  He's not that small either and I've seen him lay wood on a runner who make it past coverage.  Lake Travis has a really good team but will miss Dicker the most, probably the difference between a playoff run and a championship run.  

I don’t remember how Dicko was the whole first year, just him being awful in his first game and then that one time when he managed scoop up the ball, run for his life, and somehow get the kick away after a horribly botched snap. He most definitely was not the guy we saw last year. Hopefully the sequel can deliver pretty well even if it doesn’t live up to the original.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 11:09 AM, hookem48 said:

probably should be more concerned with the fact that we can't block for the punter anymore.

This all day long!! TH needs to get in front of this and fix it. If they cant see that this is a problem then they all need to take their asses to sharp vision.

Edited by RowdyVic

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Y'all need to stop comparing him to Dickson. Dickson is currently the best punter on the planet. 

Yeah. Dickson obviously improved from his freshman year, but some of you are underselling how good he already was based on a couple of memorable mistakes-he still averaged 41.4 yards per punt.

Also, for what it’s worth, his average was exactly the same his sophomore as his junior year (47.4). 

On 9/16/2018 at 12:09 PM, TreatyOak said:

Posting_Tip.jpg

Two things:

1. Posting this again seemed to make sense for a number of reasons.

2. WTH is your avatar man?  I've been trying to figure it out since the first time I saw it.  Did Mack and Bill Little have a Teen Wolf love child?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2018 at 11:09 AM, hookem48 said:

probably should be more concerned with the fact that we can't block for the punter anymore.

If that issue is resolved, it most likely looks as though there are no glaring issues on kicks, (other than needing to cut down on an extra step...