I told all of you this would happen. LHN killed the program

Fat Bastard

Said it as soon as the fallout was just starting to happen and all I heard from you yokels was how much $$$ we were going to make from this amazing deal. 

Nevermind it is 100% the reason why we lost Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, and aggy. Now our fucking conference sucks ass and we are about to get our fucking shit pushed in by aggy with claims of being competitive in the best conference in the land and with one of only a handful of active coaches with a ring. We can joke about his whore of a wife all we want, but he’s crushing us in recruiting and we can’t even say we’re improving on the field.  This program has gone into the fucking shitter and will not come out of it for a decade until we money whip a big name coach AND start winning immediately. 

I am going to eat crow. I was fully on board the Herman bandwagon, thinking he was the next Urban. He’s not the answer. And the LHN is the albatross around our neck. That was the 100 year decision that fucked us. 

• Like 9
  • Fuck You 26

It's not why the conference blew up. It was just a convenient excuse used by aggy.

Missouri was flirting with the big 10 and thought they would take them. Then they became a jilted lover as the big 10 said yes to Nebraska. Colorado went to pac12 as we thought that's where we were taking the conference remnants.

aggy being aggy spread their cheeks as wide as they could for SEC SEC SEC and it was convenient to bring along Missouri.

Nebraska was still pissed that they became afterthoughts since they couldn't just admit as many partial qualifiers as they wanted to.

Texas didn't control the conference, it was just a convenient excuse to use.

• Like 1

@fb, are you aggy with the ultimate long game?  lhn was espn's response to the departures of corn and ralph.  aggy was screaming "standing offer" for 2 years before the LHN was announced.  we even tried to GIVE THEM HALF.  missouri caused corn to take the spot they wanted in the b1g.  all of this happened before the LHN was announced.

• Like 1

Aggy was just looking for a excuse after getting beat regularly for years.   Nebraska was tired of losing to Texas and was looking for an excuse also.  That being said LHN sucks in general but definitely not the reason those schools left.  The main reason the conference sucks is because Texas has been down and that is because we haven't made to the right hires at head coach since Mack.  

To be honest, we chose money over future potential.  The pack deal was all but done.  The conference was already on it's last legs with Nebraska, colorado, mizzou with one foot out the door.  Fucking ESPN came in to money whip us with the LHN so they wouldn't have to shell out huge chunks of money for super conferences.  We could have been in the PAC, BIG or SEC.  We could have fucking named the conference and joined it.  I was so excited for us to join the PAC 16 deal.  It would have been Texas, ou, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, Washington with solid programs like oklahoma state, arizona, asu, cal also in the conference.  Instead we chose the money and stayed in a conference with baylor, kansas, isu, ksu, tcu, tech.  Fuck these schools... I honestly don't think our players even get excited to play half our schedule.  And fuck the LHN.  The content is shit, it requires the coaches to commit more time to useless shit and hasn't helped with recruiting.  All it did was bring the athletic department more money.  I think DeLoss was an amazing AD that brought so much success but this move was purely about money and not about what was best for the fans or the program.

• Fuck You 1

Dodds asked aggy to go in on a mutual network that would be for both schools, called the lone star network. Aggy left the conference because they couldn't handle perpetually losing to Texas almost every year. Aggy decided they were done and left. Texas and the people in charge at the time tried to bring about a mutually beneficial enterprise that would've helped both programs.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

Dodds asked aggy to go in on a mutual network that would be for both schools, called the lone star network. Aggy left the conference because they couldn't handle perpetually losing to Texas almost every year. Aggy decided they were done and left. Texas and the people in charge at the time tried to bring about a mutually beneficial enterprise that would've helped both programs.

Yep. Poor aggy got tired of the ass-whippings and ran off with their tails between their legs for as-whippings somewhere else ... and then almost immediately started all the nonsensical "Texas don't wanna play us" bullshit. Un.fucking.real. So perfectly fucking aggy.

14 minutes ago, victory88 said:

To be honest, we chose money over future potential.  The pack deal was all but done.  The conference was already on it's last legs with Nebraska, colorado, mizzou with one foot out the door.  Fucking ESPN came in to money whip us with the LHN so they wouldn't have to shell out huge chunks of money for super conferences.  We could have been in the PAC, BIG or SEC.  We could have fucking named the conference and joined it.  I was so excited for us to join the PAC 16 deal.  It would have been Texas, ou, USC, UCLA, Oregon, Stanford, Washington with solid programs like oklahoma state, arizona, asu, cal also in the conference.  Instead we chose the money and stayed in a conference with baylor, kansas, isu, ksu, tcu, tech.  Fuck these schools... I honestly don't think our players even get excited to play half our schedule.  And fuck the LHN.  The content is shit, it requires the coaches to commit more time to useless shit and hasn't helped with recruiting.  All it did was bring the athletic department more money.  I think DeLoss was an amazing AD that brought so much success but this move was purely about money and not about what was best for the fans or the program.

Conference realignment talk not going away. 

The Longhorn Network is a problem, but mostly because UT has become the Kardashians with a football team attached. Same thing with the Dallas Cowboys. The team isn't the focus. The reality TV show is the focus. 

Can the Horns be successful as a team while running the network? I don't know, but it might be possible if they'd create a wall between the network and the team, so you wouldn't have players thinking they're celebrities instead of teammates. 

The LHN only has tier 3 rights. The university still has its tier 1 and tier 2 rights in with the conference's TV deal. The LHN didn't do shit to cause the past decade of turmoil. That's entirely on apathetic coaching and mailing it in on the recruiting trail by Mack. I love the guy, but he just wasn't the same after the loss to Alabama.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fat Bastard said:

Said it as soon as the fallout was just starting to happen and all I heard from you yokels was how much $$$ we were going to make from this amazing deal. 

Nevermind it is 100% the reason why we lost Nebraska, Missouri, Colorado, and aggy. Now our fucking conference sucks ass and we are about to get our fucking shit pushed in by aggy with claims of being competitive in the best conference in the land and with one of only a handful of active coaches with a ring. We can joke about his whore of a wife all we want, but he’s crushing us in recruiting and we can’t even say we’re improving on the field.  This program has gone into the fucking shitter and will not come out of it for a decade until we money whip a big name coach AND start winning immediately. 

I am going to eat crow. I was fully on board the Herman bandwagon, thinking he was the next Urban. He’s not the answer. And the LHN is the albatross around our neck. That was the 100 year decision that fucked us. 

Isn't that what y'all did with Herman?  

1 hour ago, Fat Bastard said:

LHN is not the reason either Nebraska or Colorado left the XII, as it wasn't even a thing until about 6 months after the 'Huskers & Buffs left...
The SECN is all up in the faces of the coaches in that league, we don't see any fall off from Saban's staff with ESPN in his face, this is a poor excuse bro...

I don’t remember the OP telling me anything.  And even if he did, so the fuck what?  Should we make him president of the university?   Should we offer him praise and wait with bated breath for all subsequent posts to see what prescient observations he will regal us with next?   I think so.  I will click on Fat Bastards user name first thing after logging in to this site each day to see whatever pearls of wisdom about Texas FootvalI I can somehow manage to glean.  

Edited by ClubWhatever
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, victory88 said:

This is 100% the truth. We got money whipped and bowed to the almighty mouse. 

Spoke to an ESPN employee in 2011 following realignment and he stated these were their intentions. 

We sold our souls for money and you reap what you sow. It was a too good to be true deal, and that’s what it turned out to be, too good to be true. 

When the LHN was in the works, it was supposed to be an entirely different channel than what we get today. Specifically, high school football was to be featured, and that would’ve been great content week in and out. 

I feel like Winston Smith from 1984 watching the LHN. Our present state is dark and grim, but we look to the past for hope, and this blinds us to the future. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Well, I agree with some aspects of your thoughts, I enjoy regional rivalries of the XII, but still see potential in a "merger" of elite brands from both leagues...
For instance, Kansas is premier NCAA basketball brand/ Iowa State largest student enrollment in the state + AAU/ TCU more students than Stanford & N'western,
Texas Tech 3rd largest P5 enrollment in Lone Star State, Oklahoma State top 20 revenue earner over 10+ years, brands bring value, especially paired with UT & OU...

When combining the 7 XII brands with an AAU addition of Rice in the Houston metro, along with 10 of the current PAC members, there's a #SuperConference...
Flagships as Washington/ Oregon/ California/ Arizona/ Utah/ Colorado, all bring large markets that would have unrivaled attention placed upon the XII brands...

Of course, Stanford/ USC & UCLA, bring some of the best academics in the nation/ world, along with the largest enrollment in the Copper State in the Sun Devils...
Either way, XII & PAC will be fine as separate leagues, but as noted there's reason ESPN & FOX paid extra keeping the XII intact vs paying the PAC merger with XII... 

19 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

It's the best conference in collegiate athletics. I'd like to compete with the best.

Maryland and Tulsa are pretty fucking far from the best and you saw how we competed against them.  Is the SEC going to issue us a new roster when we get there?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

We should beg the SEC for membership. Hat in hand. Whatever it takes to get them to say yes.

It's that bad here.

I dont think we’d have to beg, but it would kill the momentum of the 100 year decision .....Its the only way to stop the hemorrhage.... 18 & 19 year olds believe the bs of the sec.... the 100 year decision is working...... 

48 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Colorado fits better in the pac.  Misery is irrelevant.  They’re Aggy if Aggy was in Missouri.  

Oh man. Missouri may be irrelevant, but it's an actual college in a college town, not an angry cult.

Besides, Mort Walker and Beetle Bailey were both in a real army.

Sculpture.jpg

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/6044

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Oh man. Missouri may be irrelevant, but it's an actual college in a college town, not an angry cult.

Besides, Mort Walker and Beetle Bailey were both in a real army.

Sculpture.jpg

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/6044

Man, funny you should mention that. My son wants to be a journalist when he gets out of the real army...And while my heart is all for it, my head is 100 percent against him following in my footsteps, with the things are in this trade nowadays. Anyway I was telling him just yesterday if he wants to get the most out of that GI Bill money in a journalism school he needed to go to Missouri or Columbia. (Shit, it occurs to me now I forgot about Northwestern.) He won't listen, and he will go to journalism school somewhere in Texas, but I made the effort and will continue doing so.)

For the last fucking time, being in the big 12 has nothing to with us sucking. Doesn’t seem to hurt OU, OSU, TCU or even Baylor when they had Briles.

It’s coaching and lack of a good QB period. The LHN has nothing to do with us not hitting on a QB or coaching hire so just staup

• Like 4

Dammit, I get tired of having to link this article every time this stupid shit comes up  

I don’t know why my opening sentence came out large and bold, but I like it. 

Poor recruiting, high turnover. Hagar is a star on our team. In the early 2000’s he would have been average. Mack’s coaches found good kickers and turned a poor RB into an NFL d-lineman.

Our teams are stupid. The errors we have seen in the past few years are incredible.

LHN would have been fun if the teams didn’t blow for the last 8 years.

Nationally, I would say that Texas still gains it's fair share of respect, from the name on the chest of the athletes, as shown by many picking UT over USC...

Is there work to do for the program..? Yes, assuredly, but under the direction of Del Conte, the flagship of the Lone Star State sits in good hands... #KindaLikeAll-State..!

11 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Man, funny you should mention that. My son wants to be a journalist when he gets out of the real army...And while my heart is all for it, my head is 100 percent against him following in my footsteps, with the things are in this trade nowadays. Anyway I was telling him just yesterday if he wants to get the most out of that GI Bill money in a journalism school he needed to go to Missouri or Columbia. (Shit, it occurs to me now I forgot about Northwestern.) He won't listen, and he will go to journalism school somewhere in Texas, but I made the effort and will continue doing so.)

He won't have much competition,  there aren't many good journalists around nowadays.  

12 hours ago, Mileslong said:

For the last fucking time, being in the big 12 has nothing to with us sucking. Doesn’t seem to hurt OU, OSU, TCU or even Baylor when they had Briles.

It’s coaching and lack of a good QB period. The LHN has nothing to do with us not hitting on a QB or coaching hire so just staup

This is simply not true. It hurts all of those teams, lately more than it hurts Texas. TCU and Baylor have both been left out of playoff discussions, because of our shitty conference. OU is the outlier, but that may change this year with how bad this conference is top to bottom. The LHN is not why we lost games, and it is not why we currently suck, but it is certainly not helping us.

I see a ton of words, but nothing about causation.

How is it how we lost Nebraska and Colorado? They were gone long before the LHN was announced.

I mean Nebraska probably did leave because of Texas but not because of the LHN.

Though, of course, the program also had already collapsed by the time the LHN was announced. Now a case could be made the LHN has kept the program down but the timing does not work for the initial killing.

Edited by Valmy77