23 Arizona State
Record: 2-0
-
24 Oklahoma State
Record: 2-0
-
25 Michigan State
Record: 1-1
Others receiving votes:Utah 92, Texas A&M 90, Boston College 45, Houston 32, Maryland 30, Colorado 25, Iowa 23, Kentucky 19, Duke 10, NC State 9, Mississippi 5, Hawaii 5, Washington St. 4, South Florida 3, South Carolina 2, Florida St. 1.

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Don't look now, but another SEC rematch is already lining up. That or a rematch of last year.

My team and coach sucking ass won't push me from this game, but either one of those might.

Bama-GA in the SEC CCG will probably knock the other out. Then we have tOSU, SEC, OU and Clemson. 

People who say preseason polls don’t mean anything are on crack.  Clemson looked like shit last night.  Their secondary is atrocious.  However, at this point they don’t play a ranked team the rest of the season so a shitty showing in week #2 against unranked A&M is all they had to get past to coast to the playoffs.  If they didn’t start at #2 they would be more correctly ranked around #15 based on performance and would have trouble getting in because their resume will end up sucking. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Forty Acres said:

People who say preseason polls don’t mean anything are on crack.  Clemson looked like shit last night.  Their secondary is atrocious.  However, at this point they don’t play a ranked team the rest of the season so a shitty showing in week #2 against unranked A&M is all they had to get past to coast to the playoffs.  If they didn’t start at #2 they would be more correctly ranked around #15 based on performance and would have trouble getting in because their resume will end up sucking. 

aggy looked good. They have some playmakers. 

Fuck them.

6 minutes ago, NowThis said:

Bama-GA in the SEC CCG will probably knock the other out. Then we have tOSU, SEC, OU and Clemson. 

clemsons D got exposed last night in a big way. Granted, their DL was being held in a way I have never seen before (even the tech game) it was amazing every play and position aggy was hooking and hugging defenders.  

Im not sure who beats them but I can see them losing 2 and missing out this year.  aggy will be ranked next week after beating up on ULM before getting exposed against Bama, no way the refs let that holding fly against #1.  

Would probably put early money on SEC getting 2 in again, tOSU and OU. 

7 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Probably will get ranked this upcoming poll, set the stage for the ballgame with Alabama... ESPN College Gameday could show up again...

aggy has 8 home games, but that ones in Tuscaloosa.  They will be ranked for sure after beating ULM (and based on being 2-1 with close loss to Clemson probably should) plus adds another ranked win to Bamas resume in case they drop a game and don't make the CCG

Game day will probably be at Stanford/Oregon.  

Edited by Treefidy

The top 15 or so teams probably all belong there in some order. Beyond that there's a shitload of teams that could fill out the rest of their rankings.

And I know the playoff committee says they don't take the polls into consideration when they compile their rankings but frankly I think that's just bullshit. The polls are impossible to ignore and it's just human nature to take that "information" such as it is, and use it in developing an opinion.

1. How in the fuck does aggy keep getting all of these home games?

2. How in the fuck does aggy keep managing to play teams outside of the P5?

3. How in the fuck does aggy continue to hide behind Alabama's skirt and have zero shame about it?

4. How in the fuck does aggy keep ducking quality opponents in their bowl games, allowing the SEC commissioner to run interference for them?

5. How in the fuck are the other Presidents and Athletic directors continuing to allow the SEC commissioner right of first refusal in bowl game opponents?

6 I would have zero problem with them being ranked after losing last night.  They balled out when all the lights were on, played with heart and the atmosphere was charged and hopeful.  I can't stand the mother fuckers at all, but I appreciate a quality product when I see it, and we are in for some tough sledding, competing with that scene juxtapositioned against the one that we are mired within. 

Waiting for the roller coaster is not solid strategy against that crew, especially if they have found out how to spend money without ever having to pay it back.

2 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

jumbo

really really really want TCU to win that tOSU game next week......really really really badly

I'm hoping asteroid comes in and does some serious damage. I think he'd do very well at such a swell place like the Horseshoe, especially with gary fatterson in the house.  

Edited by Blanton

4 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

3. How in the fuck does aggy continue to hide behind Alabama's skirt and have zero shame about it?

4. How in the fuck does aggy keep ducking quality opponents in their bowl games, allowing the SEC commissioner to run interference for them?

5. How in the fuck are the other Presidents and Athletic directors continuing to allow the SEC commissioner right of first refusal in bowl game opponents?

6 I would have zero problem with them being ranked after losing last night.  They balled out when all the lights were on, played with heart and the atmosphere was charged and hopeful.  I can't stand the mother fuckers at all, but I appreciate a quality product when I see it, and we are in for some tough sledding, competing with that scene juxtapositioned against the one that we are mired within. 

Waiting for the roller coaster is not solid strategy against that crew, especially if they have found out how to spend money without ever having to pay it back.

don't all SEC teams get 7-8 home games?

6 hours ago, kopp0e said:

I can't remember, has ESPN ever did College Gameday from the sight of an SEC matchup that was set to air on CBS..?

It has happened at least once per season. Usually CBS gets the biggest matchup each week, so hard to avoid it, if they are going to pick a SEC game.

1 minute ago, bamachine said:

It has happened at least once per season. Usually CBS gets the biggest matchup each week, so hard to avoid it, if they are going to pick a SEC game.

I think more than likely, if A&M wins this weekend, the team is placed in the top 20, ESPN Gameday is there, & game is placed on CBS at 2:30 on nationwide telecast...

11 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

I think more than likely, if A&M wins this weekend, the team is placed in the top 20, ESPN Gameday is there, & game is placed on CBS at 2:30 on nationwide telecast...

If they had won this past Saturday, sure. Otherwise the earliest I could see Gameday being at a Bama game is LSU/Bama, if both are still in it.

Edited by bamachine

12 minutes ago, bamachine said:

If they had won this past Saturday, sure. Otherwise the earliest I could see Gameday being at a Bama game is LSU/Bama, if both are still in it.

Well, unless Gameday goes to #23 Arizona State/ #10 Washington, or #9 Stanford/ #20 Oregon, #? A&M/ #1Alabama, is 1 of only 3 top 25 matchups projected...

4 hours ago, TtomTerrific said:

Haven’t played Georgia yet since joining 

56 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Well, unless Gameday goes to #23 Arizona State/ #10 Washington, or #9 Stanford/ #20 Oregon, #? A&M/ #1Alabama, is 1 of only 3 top 25 matchups projected...

They will do one of the PAC games because how many chances  will they really have to catch a top 25 game out there?

Edited by Treefidy

8 hours ago, Forty Acres said:

A 12-0 Clemson!?

Maybe an 12-1 squad that lost to another bball school and beat a 7 win team for the conference title.

Edited by notre dame joe

4 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

If polls mattered, LSU getting jumped by Penn State is bull fucking shit 

Polls more or less only are a mechanism for helping to promote merchandise being sold to those who may be fringe or bandwagon fans...
Also gaining audiences/ televised games, example, if placing A&M on hype of the "ran outta time" loss to Clemson, it's a "top 10 match" against Alabama in 2 weeks...

4 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

A 12-0 Clemson!?

Maybe an 12-1 squad that lost to another bball school and beat a 7 win team for the conference title.

I will say Duke was impressive in the win against Northwestern in Chicago this weekend, a B1G win for the ACC brand..!

what about the 6'6" Randy Johnson (baseball) QB of yours ?

Decent on short throws but really inconsistent on deep balls. He clearly hesitates on deep routes which doesn’t work with our offense. He’s a game manager at best which means 7 or 8 wins tops. Even more concerning is that our o-line is not where it should be. Not good with a mediocre QB and run heavy offense. Our defense looks same as always. Capable of playing well and making big stops but will give up big plays mostly on third and long. Bad offense will put more pressure on the defense which will have them struggle more than succeed. We will win 7 or 8 games and play in the Texas or whatever they call the Cactus Bowl now. I’ll be okay, consider this a growth year for the oline, defense, and understudy quarterbacks.