Game Atmosphere

blacklab

On 11/19/2018 at 4:43 PM, texifornia said:

I haven't been to a game in about three years, but I remember when I had tickets, there always seemed to be a party with cranked up New Orleans music on the quad between the tower and DKR before the last non-Thanksgiving home game of the year.  Does that party still exist?

• 3 months later...

hey here's a good thread for this question - what is section 2 like, in regards to if people stand on the bleachers or stand in front of their seats?  this is the first season i've sacked up and bought old people season tickets (had a glorious student section renaissance until my now wife graduated last year).  She wants to get the seatbacks, I'm curious if that will impede my ability to stand on my seat, should other people be standing on their seats (but maybe people don't stand on their seats over there).

9 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

hey here's a good thread for this question - what is section 2 like, in regards to if people stand on the bleachers or stand in front of their seats?  this is the first season i've sacked up and bought old people season tickets (had a glorious student section renaissance until my now wife graduated last year).  She wants to get the seatbacks, I'm curious if that will impede my ability to stand on my seat, should other people be standing on their seats (but maybe people don't stand on their seats over there).

You’re trolling, right?

• Like 1

My season tickets are on the east side but I sold them and sat on the west side with friends for USC. West side blows. Every negative stereotype about Texas fans, even at the biggest game of the year. Stay away if you like things that are fun.

Also, rules.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

My season tickets are on the east side but I sold them and sat on the west side with friends for USC. West side blows. Every negative stereotype about Texas fans, even at the biggest game of the year. Stay away if you like things that are fun.

Also, rules.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6da0b12115a61378e3abc1851038725e.jpg
  • Like 2

I sit in west side upper deck.  The guy next to me is loud, I mean really loud (he probably posts on Surly).  I think he's great....knows his Longhorn football, his high fives will break your hand. But the people around us friggin' hate him.  Luv that guy.....and yes, I'm one of the olds.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

My father, 2 brothers and myself sit on the west side, upper deck, pretty close to mid field. We have another 4 seats we rotate out with other family members and friends (or sometimes sell to other longhorns, never opposing fans). We are loud as fuck. We stand up and scream. My father who is now 72 can really belt it out and he loves to cheer on our beloved longhorns.

Before I current seats we sat a few rows up in the same section, right behind this pussy of a fan. My dad would sit behind him and cheer and yell at the games. I got a picture of how he handled it. He would even look back and give us dirty looks. Why in the goddamn fuck do you go to a game if you aren’t going to be part of and add to the experience?!? This guy sucks. If you are friends with this guy, you also suck by association.

Vj8youDd_o.png

You should have pissed on the back of his shirt.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Like 1

I guess 72 year olds are too full of youth and vigor for that guy. Maybe he should go watch the game in a nursing home.

Absolutely. What a pussy.

But there are others in the same section that are great. The one guy who loves to yell cheaters as loud as he can whenever the opposing team gets a penalty. Always gets a chuckle.

lol the stadium is full of em. Some dudes that don't know anything about football. 

Last game, I had to argue with two guys wearing RED!? hats in the lower bowl who were standing on the bleacher seats in front of the girls and people a little over from me. I told them to get off the bleachers and they pointed 40 seats over at two other goobers doing it and said "everybody's doing it!". Good thing those around me also told them to get their dumb asses down or I probably would've left in cuffs. Strange how a gang of people has to be the fucking parents of some idiots. 

I was standing to get a better view plus I was tired of sitting and this pussy bitch yells from behind hey sit down we're trying to watch the game. I turned around real quick like wtf and he said yeah you!

I kept standing I don't give a shit. Oh and this was during a goal line touchdown drive so of course everyone was getting excited and wanted to see.

This was on bottom of north endzone during the opener last year.

18 hours ago, Celery Man said:

I like you as a poster, but if you stand on the bleachers in front of me in the west upper deck, I'll be pissed. There is literally NO reason to do that. You are way higher than the action, and all standing on the bleachers does is make it so no one behind you can see. It isn't a sign of support for the team, it doesn't help you be louder, it's fucking rude.

I stand in front of my seat at appropriate times, and yell my ass off at every game. I don't get standing for the sake of standing (we aren't aggy, whose alumni also do not stand for games). It helps the team in no way at all.

• Like 2

it is the norm in the student section, where I've spent 7 of the past 15 seasons.  I have basically equivalent seats to where I was season before last (last time I had a season ticket) but diagonally across the stadium - I will be a little disappointed if nobody stands *at all* and didn't think that people probably did stand on the seats, but.... maybe during high intensity moments?  Sounds like no though.

No, not in the actual bleachers. Just stand up at the appropriate times. Stay loud whether standing or sitting. And don’t be a pussy like the guy in the picture I posted. Also, when I ask you to run down to get me a taco, you also instinctively bring me back a Dr Pepper with it.

Thanks,

Management.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Celery Man said:

Lower part of sec 2 definitely stands pretty much (I'm sec 1 but last seats next to sec 2).  But standing on your bleacher or the one in front of you is a no go.  Everybody just stands in, you know, the part made for standing.

4 hours ago, Zavala said:

lol the stadium is full of em. Some dudes that don't know anything about football. 

Last game, I had to argue with two guys wearing RED!? hats in the lower bowl who were standing on the bleacher seats in front of the girls and people a little over from me. I told them to get off the bleachers and they pointed 40 seats over at two other goobers doing it and said "everybody's doing it!". Good thing those around me also told them to get their dumb asses down or I probably would've left in cuffs. Strange how a gang of people has to be the fucking parents of some idiots. 

4 hours ago, Jersey Man10 said:

I was standing to get a better view plus I was tired of sitting and this pussy bitch yells from behind hey sit down we're trying to watch the game. I turned around real quick like wtf and he said yeah you!

I kept standing I don't give a shit. Oh and this was during a goal line touchdown drive so of course everyone was getting excited and wanted to see.

This was on bottom of north endzone during the opener last year.

Sounds like you two should have just fought instead of coming back to surly to bitch about each other. 

1 hour ago, allrightallrightallright said:

I've had seats in Section 7 for four years now, it seems like there are a ton of olds around us but most everybody stands if the team is on a roll, in the redzone, or a third down on defense.  The atmosphere has definitely improved the last year to two years. 

Most everyone stands at appropriate times in the west upper deck. But not on the seats because why would they?

Agree with PT on the last page.  I was in Section 1, row 9 last year.  If you're within the first 15-20 rows it's pretty much impossible not to be standing most of the game.  Standing on the bleachers is no go, but even standing (if you want to see anything because everybody in front of you will be standing) will still illicit the occasional request to "sit down" from the olds.  

14 hours ago, Eggo said:

Sounds like you two should have just fought instead of coming back to surly to bitch about each other. 

Standing, fuck yeah. Standing on the bench when you are older than 7, fuck off.

• Like 1

Our tix were in the student sections last year bc my wife was doing some grad work and it was the first time back with the students in almost 20 years. It was a blast. I felt old and dumb and pervy sometimes, but I wish our entire stadium was like that. Standing is the only way to enjoy Texas football. Go to a UTSA game if you want to be seated and sober.

When I was about 16 we were sitting in Section 102 and some old in front of me told me to quit clapping because it was going to rupture his ear drum.

So I did what any good fan would do, and I stayed about 20x louder the rest of the game. Fuck him. 

• Like 6

When I was about 16 we were sitting in Section 102 and some old in front of me told me to quit clapping because it was going to rupture his ear drum.
So I did what any good fan would do, and I stayed about 20x louder the rest of the game. Fuck him. 

I applaud your effort.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

Standing is the only way to enjoy Texas football. Go to a UTSA game if you want to be seated and sober.

Good for you. WHOOP!

I’ll do as I please. I went to Texas, not UTSA, I live north of Austin nowhere near SA, and I’ve had season tickets for almost 25 years. 

Edited by Tex Pete

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Good for you. WHOOP!

I’ll do as I please. I went to Texas, not UTSA, I live north of Austin nowhere near SA, and I’ve had season tickets for almost 25 years. 

aggy didn't invent standing. it only appears that its some sort of proprietary thing of theirs because of old boring fucks like yourself in the old chud section of DKR. stay home.

1 hour ago, Bottlecap said:

aggy didn't invent standing. it only appears that its some sort of proprietary thing of theirs because of old boring fucks like yourself in the old chud section of DKR. stay home.

I’m not old or boring, fuckstick. “Standing is the only way to enjoy Texas football.” Great. You do you. I’m perfectly fine with sitting. You’re perfectly fine with standing in the student section. Do it.