Game Atmosphere

blacklab

Another shot of Bevo emerging from the smoke. Swiped from the Texas Football instagram story.

d62133b99f31c1274484a379fc5d0b58.png

Hey Bob Cole: if you call me “the big guy” again, I’m going to stomp your guts right out of your billowy asshole.

My name is BEVO. Show some goddamned respect.

1 minute ago, preznick555 said:

This was my first game in five years. When did we move entirely away from "make 'em eat shit" to "OU sucks"? Not a fan. Very aggy. 

The olds do that or Go Horns Go.  The students and younger alumni still say make em eat shit. Unfortunately people in my section are starting to bring their kids with them and we’re getting a bunch of dirty looks so some people have switched to the OU which I agree is very aggyish.

Email the lhb office or tweet CDC. Seems like a lot of people are not happy with the changes to pretty game.

What is with the band not gradually marching outnumber of the N end with the cadence gradually picking up pace? Both games so far they have just piled out of the end zone and started marching. There’s no build up of energy and it’s kind of shitty. 

23 minutes ago, preznick555 said:

This was my first game in five years. When did we move entirely away from "make 'em eat shit" to "OU sucks"? Not a fan. Very aggy. 

It should only be “OU sucks” when we play OU, and at the end of the game preceding the OU game. Very aggy indeed. Dumbfucks. 

And the band should march out to a drum cadence as they’ve done for decades. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SubliminalHorn said:

They don’t do that gradual increase to cadence building to a crescendo of Texas Fight as they take the field? That’s part of what makes the pre game worth watching 

No. They don't. It's all part of their plan to make the band 100% unlikable. 

But godzillatron would probably just play techno music over it anyway. 

environment was very good. but imagine what crowds at Pac 10 stadiums are like.

Good point. Stanford a top-10 team hosting rival USC the other week and I flip on the game and see tons of empty seats/section. I was thinking WTF if you can’t fill up the stadium when you are good and playing an in-state rival that’s not an ideal situation.

Sorry if posted above....

Please fire the intern running to jumbotron...and not because of the noise.

At the end of the game spontaneous singing broke out in the student section (by the way this could be the best student body for team support in a long time) and the jumbo moron uses it as a cue to start blaring its own noise in support that, of course, drowns out the students.

Let the students have the moment morons...for Gods sake this isn’t that hard.

2 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

And apparently it’s trend in college now to not wear a bra. 8/10 chicks I’ve seen so far the first two weeks....no bra. 

Don’t know how CDC does it but I’ll be damned if he isn’t thinking outside the box. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, brojangles2 said:

And apparently it’s trend in college now to not wear a bra. 8/10 chicks I’ve seen so far the first two weeks....no bra. 

and I notices a wonderful trend of not only no bras, but a ton of extremely low cut tops that had like a huge V opening from the neck down to the belly button exposing the entire middle of the chest and stomach....great things are happening in Austin

• Like 3

Was in section 6 and had an old man yelling at everyone to “get down in front” and “sit down”. At first I thought he was joking with people he knew, but no, just some grumpy old man. 

Also, too many crowd shots and not enough replays. 

2 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

The olds do that or Go Horns Go.  The students and younger alumni still say make em eat shit. Unfortunately people in my section are starting to bring their kids with them and we’re getting a bunch of dirty looks so some people have switched to the OU which I agree is very aggyish.

I don’t dare to do a make em eat shit where I’m sitting. Hate to say, I am too old now to get away with it. It’s just Go Horns Go now.

I definitely think over all a massive improvement but agreed with other posters still work needed.  I also didn't get the band pregame or understand why the time for the Texas Flag on the field was cut in half (at least).  Very odd.   Also, what was up with "rock around the clock" or whatever it was in the 2nd half during a commercial break.  Are we at a 50's sock hop or a football game?  That was terrible.

• Like 1

Was in section 6 and had an old man yelling at everyone to “get down in front” and “sit down”. At first I thought he was joking with people he knew, but no, just some grumpy old man. 
Also, too many crowd shots and not enough replays. 
Have some frickin' respect. He's our duly elected Governor, man.
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, preznick555 said:

There was plenty of MTES.  There also was some SC sucks.  The OU sucks people were just being dumb.

Last night was electric but does not approach ‘91 UH or ‘08 Mizzou. It was on par with ‘16 ND or ‘12 WVU (loss). 

I was at all of those games - including Ricky’s record run in 1998 against aggy - and the blocked kick is as loud as I’ve ever heard DKR.

And yes UH was 1990. Always loudest sustained noise.

9 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

What was with the “Don’t stop believing” song before pregame.  Apparently we cut out the giant Texas flag down to nothing to save time but we had 3 minutes to spare for a Journey song with crowd singing shots on the Godzillatron while the band just stood in the end zone the whole time?

9 hours ago, blacklab said:

yeah, that was stupid.

7 hours ago, GRHorn said:

I think last week it was Sweet Caroline.  Please stop. 

LHB marched in and lined up in the end zone. Fans stood up excited to see them march. Then nothing. Bob Cole with the stupid snowflake NCAA announcements and a couple of commercials. Sucked the life right out of the stadium. By the end of all that, they played a shitty song. Section 15 sat down. They need to fix the band's entrance.

I mentioned it to CDC and now morons with short memories are giving sucking him off and ignoring the shortcomings. 

Don't get me wrong. The atmosphere is much much better. But it can be improved.

And I can't hear the band at all. I didn't even know they were playing after big gains/first downs till I read it mentioned here. Mic 'em up!

1 hour ago, Sleepygrad said:

and I notices a wonderful trend of not only no bras, but a ton of extremely low cut tops that had like a huge V opening from the neck down to the belly button exposing the entire middle of the chest and stomach....great things are happening in Austin

They showed that girl in a black version of that outfit on the jumbotron multiple times.

8 minutes ago, The Dog said:

I was at all of those games - including Ricky’s record run in 1998 against aggy - and the blocked kick is as loud as I’ve ever heard DKR.

And yes UH was 1990. Always loudest sustained noise.

Loudest I heard DKR (recently) was when Heard ran back the near winning touchdown against Cal.  Quietest I ever heard DKR was when Rose missed the extra point a minute or two later.

9 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We all need to tweet CDC about the flag.

People have been tweeting him incessantly about this. He has said he will address it.

9 hours ago, Rex Kramer said:

It sounds like a very sped up version of Texas Fight and drives me crazy. That and the Wolf of Wall Street bull shit. I want Texas Fight a lot, Grandioso, Wabash, a lot of student/alum Texas Fight, and the Eyes at the beginning and end of game. I want nothing else. And if you want to accent it with a dance party, then fine. But our band is fucking horrible right now. Everyone seems to agree. 

And this.

9 hours ago, jTower said:

How did they fit 103K + in the stadium?  Was it the student section GA?

It is GA now.

2 hours ago, vtaenz said:

Email the lhb office or tweet CDC. Seems like a lot of people are not happy with the changes to pretty game.

Has been done, and CDC has acknowledged.

3 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Yeah I was in the alumni section so that probably explains it. Still, ghg unless it's the RRS. 

1 minute ago, preznick555 said:

Yeah I was in the alumni section so that probably explains it. Still, ghg unless it's the RRS. 

Not to start a baseball fight on here, but I wish Herman and the players would do a PSA explaining the unwritten rules around “OU Sucks” like the below (which was also my understanding) similar to how the Rangers did the No Wave PSA.

28 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

OU Sucks has very clear unwritten rules that a lot of people fuck up.  And that is that other than being employed in the Cotton Bowl while playing OU it is ONLY also employed at the home game prior to OU WHEN a victory is clearly in hand.  

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Based on the responses to your tweet, CDC is never going to satisfy this fan base when it comes to music.

I love how the one lady responded that it started organically.  Umm the Godzillatron started blasting out Journey and students who had been sitting in the sun for nearly 2 hours started singing...SO ORGANIC.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

I love how the one lady responded that it started organically.  Umm the Godzillatron started blasting out Journey and students who had been sitting in the sun for nearly 2 hours started singing...SO ORGANIC.

AND THEN....it all faded to black for USC. 

50 minutes ago, Longhorn Al said:

It was meeeeeeeeeee.

Well, you’re right. Someone on the radio said Journey was the most into the game the student section was. I don’t know if that’s true, but it’s sad if so. And that seemed like a terrible time to play that song. Play it between quarters or something. And did the band play Wabash Cannonball between the 3rd and 4th? I didn’t hear it if so.

Way too much Jumbotron music. I didn’t like much of the music selection, but I’m fine with that. At least they played several different types of music, which should appease everyone to some extent. They can’t make everyone happy with every song. 

Get the band more involved, especially when they’re supposed to be playing Texas Fight. And do some kind of real band intro. I like the video the last few years  

That NCAA announcement (or even worse if it was our idea) sucked and was untimely. Announce that 30 minutes before the game if you feel you must. Everyone around me and several people I talked to after the game were especially puzzled that the announcement said not to make “racist,sexist, homophobic, or transphobic” comments during the game. People were particularly questioning transphobic. I’ve been to hundreds of football games at all levels in lots of backwater places. I have NEVER heard a transphobic comment. I’m not even sure how that would work. I’ve rarely heard any of the other mentioned types of criticisms. Far and away the most offensive things I’ve experienced at our games has been the product on the field. Stop insulting our intelligence. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’ve been to hundreds of football games at all levels in lots of backwater places. I have NEVER heard a transphobic comment. I’m not even sure how that would work.

I'm pretty sure that part of the announcement is a direct result of the OU cheerleader thread from TOS

• Like 3

the pussy that was out last night was absolutely top notch....the dimes were out in droves and I can't imagine a more talent rich environment for a night
Watching the replay. Watch the 4th and goal stop by UT in the 2nd when 14 to 13. Lower left corner white blouse titty bounce. Fabulous.
  • Like 2

I'm pretty sure that part of the announcement is a direct result of the OU cheerleader thread from TOS

I don’t go to the games much bc the cost, commericalzation, shitty match ups, and product on the field but I will say the season after I came out I was pretty fucking scared when I’d go to the games. No reason to be, but I would have felt better with that announcement in 2015. Now IDGAF. That and it’s 2018 and Austin.