Game Atmosphere

blacklab

44 minutes ago, Not that Bob said:

I wasn't there. Please flesh out Bevo leading the team in. How far on the field did he run? I always thought Runnin' Ralphie was a cool tradition. Bevo coming out of the tunnel is pretty darn cool, too. That and the taming of jumbotron might get me back in the stadium.

He was led from the tunnel, and he looked ready to run, scaring the shit out of the photogs, but i don't think he even made it to the endzone. He was led to his corral.

1 minute ago, Lone Star Horn said:

He was led from the tunnel, and he looked ready to run, scaring the shit out of the photogs, but i don't think he even made it to the endzone. He was led to his corral.

Was probably the highlight of the evening. He came out with some pep!

4 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

My take on this a little different than most since I was actually in the student section. The General Admission was terrible. Essentially there was just people stuck in the tunnel trying to pile into the stand. There were no seats and no where to go. We were told we needed to find seats but we couldn't move and no one would actually direct us to where there were seats. Eventually we found some seats near the aisle. Throughout the whole game, people were climbing over each other since no one found seats and just stood in the walkway. You couldn't leave to go to the restroom or people would steal your seat (it happened dozens of times around me). At halftime, people sat down but you still weren't able to leave or you lost your seat. Students became very angry that they couldn't find seats so they started to throw the fans. Then throwing the fans became a thing to do when we blew a 21 point lead. In general, the atmosphere was better but they need to do something about the general admission. They tried to turn around the students in the tunnels but no one would move so they gave up. USC is only going to be worse because people didnt even want to go to the Tulsa game because it could have rained and it was Tulsa. That's just my take

Lol.  Welcome to the student environment in the VY era.  Those student sections were PACKED and it was impossible to sit in your actual seat b/c there were so many students.  We would have to stand sideways just to pack the students in the stands.

7 hours ago, blacklab said:

oh yeah, forgot about the student sections. They were packed before the game, such a huge change.

Also before the team came out they put smoke in the tunnel, and bevo led the team out.

bevo_entrance_smoke_tulsa_p1801.jpg

What a fucking great picture.  Just outstanding.

So glad that Del Conte has taken the reins from Polonsky and is cleaning up the game environment.

6 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

What a fucking great picture.  Just outstanding.

So glad that Del Conte has taken the reins from Polonsky and is cleaning up the game environment.

So true.  although he has 1 huge mess on aisle 6 where someone ran into the Tostito's Queso endcap.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blacklab said:

Holy crap what an improvement.

We got to our seats at 6:30 and I don't remember seeing an ad till the end of the first quarter

Band actually played ...

Fucking thank God. That shit the last few years has been a got damn abortion.

5 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

My take on this a little different than most since I was actually in the student section. The General Admission was terrible. Essentially there was just people stuck in the tunnel trying to pile into the stand. There were no seats and no where to go. We were told we needed to find seats but we couldn't move and no one would actually direct us to where there were seats. Eventually we found some seats near the aisle. Throughout the whole game, people were climbing over each other since no one found seats and just stood in the walkway. You couldn't leave to go to the restroom or people would steal your seat (it happened dozens of times around me). At halftime, people sat down but you still weren't able to leave or you lost your seat. Students became very angry that they couldn't find seats so they started to throw the fans. Then throwing the fans became a thing to do when we blew a 21 point lead. In general, the atmosphere was better but they need to do something about the general admission. They tried to turn around the students in the tunnels but no one would move so they gave up. USC is only going to be worse because people didnt even want to go to the Tulsa game because it could have rained and it was Tulsa. That's just my take

This damn generation, I swear...

Lol.  Welcome to the student environment in the VY era.  Those student sections were PACKED and it was impossible to sit in your actual seat b/c there were so many students.  We would have to stand sideways just to pack the students in the stands.

Shit it was like that in 95/96 as well. Just pack in where you can and hope you picked a spot where someone smuggled in some booze.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Spur08 said:

Yep.  Sorry to the students but the student section has been absolutely embarrassing the last 5+ years.  Many games it’s been over half empty going into the second quarter.  This year, we’re only one game in and it’s already 100% better.  CDC gave you better seats but general admission was the trade off.  Learn to deal with it like we did a decade+ ago.  Send only 1 or 2 people to get mixers and have your friends spread out and guard your seats while they’re gone.  Let the girls know if they leave in a huge pack to go pee that they won’t be able to come back because it’s near impossible to hold more than a couple of seats at a time.  Assigned seats were great when we were winning and people actually showed up each and every game but half empty student section year and year killed that so the only people to blame are the students and coaches who came before you.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

This makes me happy.

Much improved, but frankly anything would have been better than the garbage they’ve called game day for so long now. TV time out countdown clock was awesome. Still too much jock rock. Still too many ads. Please stop calling BEVO, “the Big Guy”. 

Bernard

The main issue I had is the lack of communication of where to go. IDGAF if the seats are taken. Show me where I need to go to get a seat. General admission doesn't work when you just let everyone in with no direction. One girl was pushed down the stairs because people were trying to climb up. They seriously had to send medical personnel out because she busted her nose and was bleeding from the forehead.  A chick 3 rows up just pissed where where was sitting because she didn't want to lose her seat to go to the restroom. What's different now then in 95 or 05 is the ability for students to buy alcohol in the stadium. You could always smuggle it in but there was always the chance of getting caught and you couldn't smuggle in a lot. Now no one gives a fuck which makes the student section drunker and more stupid than ever.

When you combine the ability to buy alcohol with a lack of coordination, shit goes down. The student section started hurling shit at the field. I don't know you, but that is not the fan base that I want. They were even throwing stuff onto the field even after the refs warned us that if we keep doing it that it would cost Texas a penalty. They will almost certainly throw stuff onto the field against USC and it could cost us the game. 

42 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

The main issue I had is the lack of communication of where to go. IDGAF if the seats are taken. Show me where I need to go to get a seat. General admission doesn't work when you just let everyone in with no direction. One girl was pushed down the stairs because people were trying to climb up. They seriously had to send medical personnel out because she busted her nose and was bleeding from the forehead.  A chick 3 rows up just pissed where where was sitting because she didn't want to lose her seat to go to the restroom. What's different now then in 95 or 05 is the ability for students to buy alcohol in the stadium. You could always smuggle it in but there was always the chance of getting caught and you couldn't smuggle in a lot. Now no one gives a fuck which makes the student section drunker and more stupid than ever.

When you combine the ability to buy alcohol with a lack of coordination, shit goes down. The student section started hurling shit at the field. I don't know you, but that is not the fan base that I want. They were even throwing stuff onto the field even after the refs warned us that if we keep doing it that it would cost Texas a penalty. They will almost certainly throw stuff onto the field against USC and it could cost us the game. 

Seems like they need to shut down entrances as sections get close to filling up

A girl pissed herself so she wouldnt lose her seat?

1 hour ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

Finally our student section is stepping up.  This lady wakes up and pisses excellence and here you are trying to bring her down and complain that "seats are hard".  GTFO with this snowflake non-sense.  Buy a flask, one big gulp and refill from roaming vendors.  Send pussies and pussy to get drinks and stagger bathroom breaks.  For christ's sake......

next thing you know you will complain about the lack of cell phone charging stations

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

She was very drunk and yes. That was her reasoning. She squatted down and literally took a leak on the ground between the seats. The entire student section was standing for the majority of the game so it went mostly unnoticed. Pretty disgusting

tweet this ditty at CDC. I'd love to see his response. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I really liked Bevo Boulevard before the game. We were walking by the alumni center and I looked over and said "Holy Crap, there are all the players walking in."

The free outdoor music stage is also genius. 

I do think they overdid the crowd reaction stuff on the screens a bit, but overall the improvement was huge.

We were in the NEZ touchdown club for the game.. "competition brisket" my ass. Otherwise, the club was awesome too.  

The server cutting up ribs with a plastic knife was the highlight of the night. Excited to see him try to work through the steak fajitas they're serving next game.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

The student GA needs to be handled differently if most of that is true. Basically they need to handle the admission and hand out tickets on a first come first serve basis when they open the gates. You don't just head down in a horde, but you are filtered through an admission point and the tickets are prepared and in order with best tickets on top and handed out like that. So then you have a ticket and can get back to your seat if you need to use the restroom, etc. And it prevents overcrowding to keep the fire marshal happy (if you run out of tickets then nobody else gets in to the GA area).

seating in section 28 by me was a mess. these are good season ticket seats and students were coming down and just coming down and sitting in any seats that were empty right before the game. the real seat owners would come down and the kids would just move around and cram in. it was the most uncomfortable i have been at a game in DKR. that shit needs to get fixed.

but the atmosphere for everything else was awesome.

37 minutes ago, Intercourse With Gray said:

She was very drunk and yes. That was her reasoning. She squatted down and literally took a leak on the ground between the seats. The entire student section was standing for the majority of the game so it went mostly unnoticed. Pretty disgusting

she does butt stuff.. fact