Game Atmosphere

blacklab

1 hour ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Update on giant Texas flag: Flag waving during eyes of Texas has been eliminated indefinitely as part of pregame changes. Band and cheer are going to try and squeeze in the flag while the team is running out which sounds like a terrible fucking idea. Should be a corner open similar to OU game. It’s a cool open but also really easy to fuck up and end up opening in a bow tie. So there’s something to watch for today pregame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s lame as shit. Fuck LHB.

17 minutes ago, The People’s Elbow said:

LHB is garbage these days. Easy enough to hear it even on TV, much less in person. 

Glad I’m not the only one who feels this way. I hate their songs they play all the fucking time. Playing The Eyes after a good defensive stop used to mean something.  Now they play it all the time. Really, I thought I was an old curmudgeon pining about the band being better in my day. 

On 9/9/2018 at 11:30 AM, blacklab said:

Holy crap what an improvement.

We got to our seats at 6:30 and I don't remember seeing an ad till the end of the first quarter

Band actually played during breaks.

only 1 dude in the stands with a mic, and the mic didn't work so we didn't have to listen to him.

during commercial breaks there was a count down clock in the bottom right of the godzillatron to let you know how much time is left in the break.

godzillatron was not surrounded by ads. screen on the right, stats and info on left, two small ads on the bottom of the left section. Replays were from multiple angles, not just the shitty angle from some cameraman standing outside the endzone.

Only remember a couple of ads. Colt's ad for the cookies and a pluckers ad about the 5 free wing coupons. All the other "ads" were highlights with a logo in the corner or whataburger giving some kids a check. This is by far the best improvement.

No longer felt like i was being completely whored out or at a nba or minor league baseball game, it actually felt like a college football game for a change.

Now we just need Tom to pull his head out of his ass. If last night wasn't an improvement over last year I was planning on not renewing my season tickets for next year, but now the product on the field may prevent me from doing so.

Man that makes me want to go back.

The CDC difference?

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Del Conte will go down as the best hire we've made this century, easily (not that the bar is set high). Stadium atmosphere was top-notch.

This is encouraging. 

Stadium must have been rocking tonight in the second half when the defense was pinning their ears back and savaging the USC offense.

2 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Crowd noise was amazing at the beginning.  It wasn't as consistently loud in the second half, although it still got very loud during big plays.  The blocked field goal and return was as loud as I've ever heard DKR.

Impossible. aggy told me the atmosphere sucked

image.png

6 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Crowd noise was amazing at the beginning.  It wasn't as consistently loud in the second half, although it still got very loud during big plays.  The blocked field goal and return was as loud as I've ever heard DKR.

This.  I have never heard it this loud after that play...you couldn’t hear Smokey go off.  Amazing environment!