NCAA Week 3

NowThis

Bama opens -21.5 @ Ole Miss.  They'll cover that in the first half. Southern Illinois had them on the ropes until late when Ole Miss went off. I think Vegas computers are not up to par on Ole Miss, looking at blowouts of Texas Tech and SIU.  This line is amazing. What do you think?

Ohio State only -14 @ TCU    

Baylor is favored -1.5 at home vs. Duke. Weird. 

thinking about Duke +2 as well but looking at last year, Baylor was in the game @ Duke.  Duke had a RB gain 175 yards who is now in the NFL and Baylor IMO has improved from last year. Baylor is still very soft.  Duke seems to have improved as well. 

Arkansas -7 at home over North Texas? They had a bad game @ Colo St and lost but they aren't going to lose to NT are they?

7 minutes ago, LonghornGoodfella said:

I don't see a line out yet but am anxiously waiting to see it. 

I'm already on the Duke +2 spread over BU. They impressed the shit out of me by throttling NW on road this weekend. 

Yeah I agree. Duke looks like a really good pick there

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

thinking about Duke +2 as well but looking at last year, Baylor was in the game @ Duke.  Duke had a RB gain 175 yards who is now in the NFL and Baylor IMO has improved from last year. Baylor is still very soft.  Duke seems to have improved as well. 

Arkansas -7 at home over North Texas? They had a bad game @ Colo St and lost but they aren't going to lose to NT are they?

Any team that loses to Colorado State should be avoided at all costs.   UNT is pretty damn good, with a nice QB and skill players all over the place. 

If anything I'd take these points. 

56 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Any team that loses to Colorado State should be avoided at all costs.   UNT is pretty damn good, with a nice QB and skill players all over the place. 

If anything I'd take these points. 

they were up 27-17 to start the Q4. CSU isn't a bad team really, took Boise St to OT last year, destroyed Or State, even played respectably vs. Bama. 

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

they were up 27-17 to start the Q4. CSU isn't a bad team really, took Boise St to OT last year, destroyed Or State, even played respectably vs. Bama. 

They played well last year against some teams. 

This year, watched most of their game against an average CU team and that was a beatdown with the game over at halftime.  

I dunno what's going on at Arkansas.  Anyway, staying away from this. 

waiting on the boise game to see if the line jumps up some.  will likely take them ml at 1h and 2h.

im on hawaii +7 at army.  army couldnt do shit against duke and i think the hawaii offense is better than dukes.  will take the over in that one too probably.  hell i am probably taking hawaii and the over every game the rest of the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I wouldn't touch Texas-USC with a ten foot pole.

I would.  I am playing USC for at least a unit.  At least I will get something out of a terrible loss.   I would gladly pay a unit for the horns to cover 3 points in this game.  Maybe more.

16 minutes ago, NowThis said:

the texas usc gm will have rain .. backup QB for USC, too much Texas turmoil. It's a hot mess of a gamble.

In this instance.  For this season.  It's not a gamble for me.  We need a need a win and I am notoriously bad a picking winners so I am picking USC and getting 3 points.   If Texas covers I will be ecstatic.  If they lose, I will be furious but make a couple bucks.  It's the perfect line against a perfect opponent for me for this game.

already took a wild 3 team ML parlay, pays 13:1. 

USC, Houston, Syracuse.   

USC Defense to me is the clincher vs. Texas as they held Stanford to about 300 yards and 17 points. Their backup QB is tall, strong arm and can run like a Matt Jones 2003 Arkansas.

Houston is really good and Tech is down, despite beating Lamar 77-0.   FSUcks, Cuse is strong at home. 

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

the 49 O/U for Tex-USC, with a 3.5 (right now) for UT, implies a 27-23. That 27 Tx tt Under looks great since Stanford only put up 17 and UT only did 17 in regulation last year and had 28 vs. Tulsa. 

Agree unless buechele gets to play some. 

My prelim thoughts:

liking the Hawaii ML if it stays +6.5   otherwise, I will take HI to cover.     Army has a new QB who is making a LOT of mistakes.  (dad is a USMA grad).

still taking the over on the Hawaii/Army game if it stays around 62

I think the Virginia  o/u at 42.5 is too close to bet- even with a fucking hurricane happening, I can see both teams combining for 45 points.

I am still against Kansas,   taking Rutgers ML ( its +3 right now)

looking at taking the under in the West Va  NC State game   showing 51.5

the Marshall/ S Carolina game o/u shows 47  that seems close.   although they could end up taking a full force hit, and be cancelled.

30 minutes ago, ocugolf said:

I’m big on Tennessee -30 at home against UTEP. I know Tennessee isn’t good but UTEP is awful. Jeremey Pruitt is going to take this opportunity to run it up to give the home fans some hope. Wouldn’t surprise me if it was 49-3 or something like that.

nice, UTEP lost to UNLV by 28 and Northern Arizona by 20.  I guess the Vegas computers are seeing the bad WV loss at home to get the -30.  Would also be a good 1H pic, probably -17 or something, as maybe the TN scrubs in Q4 give up garbage points. 

I just have to say I still can't believe UNC got fucking worked by East Carolina last week.  Were they looking ahead to UCF?  Does it matter? 

I guess this could be a wounded dog game, but UNC is firing Fedora's ass, he's a dead man walking.  Guessing this game gets canceled but if they play it UCF should win by 21.