Oh, Surly. Try as I might, I cannot quit you!

Parliament

Like many, I lament what our community lost during the Exodus from "that other place."  And it seemed to my like Surly got even worse most recently.  So I wandered back to the place I resided before Shaggy.  Tigerdroppings.  I recalled a more active board, with less thread-nazi'ing, and a more conservative atmosphere in general.

It took 3 whole days an I'm back.  All they ever do is start random, stream-of-consciousness threads about the dumbest stuff you can imagine.  Also, they're all racists over there. So here I am, better than ever.

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

Like many, I lament what our community lost during the Exodus from "that other place."  And it seemed to my like Surly got even worse most recently.  So I wandered back to the place I resided before Shaggy.  Tigerdroppings.  I recalled a more active board, with less thread-nazi'ing, and a more conservative atmosphere in general.

It took 3 whole days an I'm back.  All they ever do is start random, stream-of-consciousness threads about the dumbest stuff you can imagine.  Also, they're all racists over there. So here I am, better than ever.

Negged 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Whitman said:

You got banned because you are an undermedicated loon who spewed your volcanic shit everywhere.  You are like a houseguest who leaves laundry everywhere, grabs the remote, interrupts/injects into every conversation demanding attention, and won't shut up for just five seconds.  

There are a lot of assholes at this place, but only two complete loons.  The difference in them is that this place is not good for Derka, whereas you are not good for this place.

Can you two carpetbaggers just fuck and get it over with? You follow him around to a lot of threads. You might check the mirror before you call someone a loon considering how much Hugo occupies your moonshine-addled mind. 

• Like 2

On 9/9/2018 at 7:07 PM, Whitman said:

You got banned because you are an undermedicated loon who spewed your volcanic shit everywhere.  You are like a houseguest who leaves laundry everywhere, grabs the remote, interrupts/injects into every conversation demanding attention, and won't shut up for just five seconds.  

There are a lot of assholes at this place, but only two complete loons.  The difference in them is that this place is not good for Derka, whereas you are not good for this place.

I'm not much for hyperbole, but this might be the finest literary achievement in the history of the English language. Thank you for you contribution, sir.

• Like 2

On 9/13/2018 at 5:53 PM, closetojumping said:

I'm not much for hyperbole, but this might be the finest literary achievement in the history of the English language. Thank you for you contribution, sir.

He sent me a numbered, limited addition lithograph of his screed.  It's hung in a gold frame above my fireplace. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/9/2018 at 8:07 PM, Whitman said:

Two of my favorite posters, BTW.

On 9/9/2018 at 7:07 PM, Whitman said:

Hammer meet nail

• 2 weeks later...