9.10.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

On LHN, Austin radio, and here:

https://texassports.com/showcase/embed.aspx?Live=341

Preview?

Home opener Texas comes out strong then fizzles in the second half

Surly question for the weekly press conference: What classic novel or movie would best describe the performance this week vs Tulsa?

Answer? (from the 1992 classic White Men Can't Jump)

Gloria Clemente: [to Billy] Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs.

Pics:

bevo_entrance_smoke_tulsa_p1801.jpg

nrw-ut-tulsa-football-19.jpg

RBB-TX-TU8255.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

1024x1024.jpg

Texas defeats Tulsa 28-21 and moves to 1-1. NEXT:

fe892643331e1d4615f064308f25b0cd.jpg

• Like 4

Pre-Cliff notes:
Recite stats, Its real hard to win, still trying to hard to be perfect, 1st water bottle done, squeezing to hard, too tight outta the half, sam looked excellent, cohesiveness, playing for your brothers, really proud how the kids finished, i answer to cdc and prez fenves, second water bottle done, book of the week reference.. and were done

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

God that song is rad as hell.

Texas football on the other hand...

Along with losing the game last year while witnessing it in person, I was almost as bitter that I didn't realize they play Tusk after the game is over. Didn't hear it till already out of the Coliseum. 

• Like 1

So what are words or phrases for Drinking Game for Press Conference today?

1) Played well... 2) Positive Signs... 3)Great Effort... 4) Sam Improved... 5)Tough Opponent... 6) Jet Sweep...  7)Happy with Freshmen... 8)Close Group... 9)Fewer Mistakes... 10) Saw Some Good Signs

Just finished watching Tulsa 1st Half and both Watson & Ingram look good if Sam would quit hanging on during Zone Read plays.

Still don't know what the HELL happened to Offense in 3rd quarter and Orlando's experiment with Roach at LB is not working.  Lack of Pass Rush and leadership from Sr's/Jr's/Captains is really causing inconsistent play from this Team.

Newer players on OL, RB and Safety along with LJH are only players performing well...... Nothing from Veteran Players..... smh

Potential bingo squares:

"winning is hard"

"celebrate winning"

"physical"

"players are pressing, thinking too much"

"culture"

"we know our way works"

--awkward, nervous laughs

--screwing/unscrewing water bottle cap more than three times

--reporter asks a softball question

--being a dick to a reporter, even for asking a softball question

--mentions CDC or Fenves

"If you really want to hear about it, the first thing you'll probably want to know is where I was born, and what my lousy childhood was like, and how my parents were occupied and all before they had me, and all that David Copperfield kind of crap, but I don't feel like going into it, if you want to know the truth."

• Like 1

I wish a reporter would get up and quote him the art of war:

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Sounds like we are the last sentence.

24 minutes ago, DeweyCox said:

You’re probably right. Someone besides FCB should counter with The Cat in the Hat recommendation. 

"Green Eggs and Ham"

Herman plays "Sam-I-am" and we all know what he's trying to feed us....

Edited by LTtxfan

1 hour ago, williemackgarza said:

Pre-Cliff notes:
Recite stats, Its real hard to win, still trying to hard to be perfect, 1st water bottle done, squeezing to hard, too tight outta the half, sam looked excellent, cohesiveness, playing for your brothers, really proud how the kids finished, i answer to cdc and prez fenves, second water bottle done, book of the week reference.. and were done

Joe fan 

Not listening to outside criticism 

At (whatever school) we had all American and we could play every play.