9.10.18 Coach Herman press conference (Noon)

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, zork said:

Tom has an obvious tell when he's extremely nervous. He starts scratching himself. A LOT. Mostly on the neck and leg. 

At 10:20, he's asked a question why the defense has only ONE sack against offenses that are 100th in offense in the country. Let the scratching commence.

He was doing it a lot last week in the press conference, but I thought it was due to all that glitter on his black shirt. 

I wish a reporter would get up and quote him the art of war:
“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
Sounds like we are the last sentence.
"War, What is it Good For?" Absolutely Nothing.

3 hours ago, The Earl of Texas said:

I’m good with that question except it coming from Chip Brown.

I"m going to catch flak for this....

but someone above asked "what was different about this presser"....

it seems to me that Tom had been given some coaching about how to deal with a presser....

he was much less antagonistic today... it seemed to me.

and so.... it was still all softballs.... except for chip.

it seemed to me... that tom was too stoic and didn't flinch an inch when chip asked his question.

and so.... i'll just put this out there.

is it not unpossible that CDC chose the single most reviled member of the press to ask the only non-softball question in the last 3 pressers?

and the answer given, about mack, and "tens of millions", and "loving the fans"..... was delivered way too cleanly.

way too cleanly.

i'll go ahead and say it.

it was fixed.

• Like 2

Tom has an obvious tell when he's extremely nervous. He starts scratching himself. A LOT. Mostly on the neck and leg. 
At 10:20, he's asked a question why the defense has only ONE sack against offenses that are 100th in offense in the country. Let the scratching commence.
He was doing it a lot last week in the press conference, but I thought it was due to all that glitter on his black shirt. 
355b3ad324bea3e99ac7a37a9150c9c1.gif

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

CDC: Hey Tom, thanks for stopping by. No need to sit this will be quick. Look I think we both agree there is a touch of antimosity among the fans. As such, I think as a sign of cohesiveness perhaps you should start wearing the team colors. You know burnt orange, both on the field and in pressers.

Tom: Well.. um.. you see..

CDC: Thanks Tom! Hey would you mind closing the door, I have an important business call with an old friend. Thanks again. (CDC picks up the phone) Amigo, how the hell is the Metroplex treating you? (Motions for Tom to close the door)

Patrick-Bateman-american-psycho-21219541

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dad said:

Is that really how the question was asked by Chip lol? Why do people think CDC has had a special sit down with Tom, what was different about this press conf?

Yeah it's a direct quote. I listened to it and thought what kind of a dumbfuck would ask that, then I recognized the voice from the radio. As I went back they said Chip on your right to Tom before that was asked.

15 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, they played 3 high safeties taking away all the over the top and minimizing long plays... They just ask you to nickle and dime them to death.  Pretty sound strategy against a team that struggles on all intermediate middle routes and those that refuse to switch to a two RB back formation.

Yeah Danny and Tre or Keo in triple option look is all I ask. The speed option was doing ok this is just another wrinkle in the opposite direction. It doesn't have to be a true option it can be pre-blocked and pre-decided for Sam.

Works on NCAA14 lol

13 hours ago, Chopper said:

Unpopular opinion: "A portion of the fan base thinks you're arrogant. Do you have a comment?" is an extremely stupid question. Fuck Chip Brown.

Yeah that would've been fine, but it was a 3 min question. Chippy just likes to listen to himself talk like when he blathers on the radio. I hope he is forced to move to Waco or Oklahoma as soon as possible.

15 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Yeah, they played 3 high safeties taking away all the over the top and minimizing long plays... They just ask you to nickle and dime them to death.  Pretty sound strategy against a team that struggles on all intermediate middle routes and those that refuse to switch to a two RB back formation.

It may have merely been a function of this offense including some ridiculous route trees, but it seemed to me a good deal of Tulsa's time was spent in quarter-quarter-half, which you do, indeed, beat by a running game that includes a lot of misdirection. Of course, even if they were all taking the same amount of the field, you still beat it with running Power, and quick throws to soft short and intermediate spots.

If Herman is going to insist on playing Sam no matter what, he needs to untie his hands, and just go ahead and call a bunch of QB runs. That would make a single back set the equivalent of a two back set. But if you're not going to run Sam in that scenario, then Jeebus, for cryin' out loud, play Young and Ingram or Young and Watson, and put Shane in. He's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but he's a hell of a lot more likely to be able to read the defense and try the dink-n-dunk you have to use to beat that particular alignment.

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

it seems to me that Tom had been given some coaching about how to deal with a presser....

it seemed to me... that tom was too stoic and didn't flinch an inch when chip asked his question.

is it not unpossible that CDC chose the single most reviled member of the press to ask the only non-softball question in the last 3 pressers?

and the answer given, about mack, and "tens of millions", and "loving the fans"..... was delivered way too cleanly.

way too cleanly.

it was fixed.

most coaches are less antagonistic In pressers after a win instead of a loss, you guys are reading way too much into this.

13 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

most coaches are less antagonistic In pressers after a win instead of a loss, you guys are reading way too much into this.

The wearing of burnt orange is something new. He wore it for the first time on Saturday, something he's against because by being the only one in black so he's easy to find on the sideline. 

16 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

The wearing of burnt orange is something new. He wore it for the first time on Saturday, something he's against because by being the only one in black so he's easy to find on the sideline. 

Actually a brilliant, Mensa move, by Tom. Would you want to be easy to find if you coached this team? I'm surprised he isn't watching from a deer blind in the tunnel.

9 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

way too cleanly.

it was fixed.

I_Want_To_Believe_01.png