Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

drifter379

• 2 weeks later...

Really old warehouse in Wheeling WV.
6431bc8dd0ad8557464236f7a09c4124.jpg

Was looking at this cobble stone floor and I realized it was actually wood.
e9463532c701907cee7a28c55d65f3fe.jpg

Anyone ever seen this before? Now I’m thinking I want to do the floors in the house this way.

On a side note if you’re ever driving around Wheeling WV in a long nose Pete with a spread axle trailer make sure to watch the signs and don’t miss your turn.

• Like 1

Anyone ever seen this before? Now I’m thinking I want to do the floors in the house this way.

On a side note if you’re ever driving around Wheeling WV in a long nose Pete with a spread axle trailer make sure to watch the signs and don’t miss your turn.
Flooring like that would be pretty nice31b8874e0b9717e8e5f320255d91b268.jpg

On 2/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, Gil Bang said:

I eat In N Out at least twice a year, and there are two nearby.   

I've never understood it.  When I worked for a company with HQ in Chicago, every time one of the owners came to So Cal, they demanded to go there as soon as we left the airport. 

I do the same thing with Whataburger when I go back to Texas.

On 2/11/2020 at 8:50 PM, drifter379 said:

Wheeling is a pretty cool city.   Very wealthy back in the day and still full of some old money. 

cool fact. The oldest parts of Havana still have wooden paved streets similar to that for the exact same reason. Less vibration means less bumpy carriage ride for the rich folks 

Radiotopia has a new podcast out called Over the Road. "Over the Road is an eight-part series that gives voice to the trials and triumphs of America’s long haul truckers."
Episode 1 is out, I heard a teaser and liked it so I subscribed. 8 parts aint much.

I looked it up and that’s Long Haul Paul.

He’s got a couple of decent tunes.

Hey OP, how many miles have you put on that Pete?
Have you had any issues (besides the accident)?  Any warranty deals?

About to turn 90k

Got an engine light this evening. Just got off the phone with the shop. More than likely just a service due light. I’ve been running hard and went over on my service interval.

But over all it’s running strong and still no complaints.

Got the 1/4 fender replaced and had a step box put on earlier this week.
0da01bb181526c45ef5749aa001a0d95.jpg

I’m wanting to run my air lines through the rear of the tractor and under the trailer. Onece I get them moved I’m going to have all the shiny shit polished.

34 minutes ago, drifter379 said:

About to turn 90k

Got an engine light this evening. Just got off the phone with the shop. More than likely just a service due light. I’ve been running hard and went over on my service interval.

But over all it’s running strong and still no complaints.

Got the 1/4 fender replaced and had a step box put on earlier this week.
0da01bb181526c45ef5749aa001a0d95.jpg

I’m wanting to run my air lines through the rear of the tractor and under the trailer. Onece I get them moved I’m going to have all the shiny shit polished.

A couple of questions:  90 thou already?  Holy fuck dude.  At what point do you anticipate having to do an in-frame on that mofo?

Also, re-rigging the air lines means you're married to that flatbed, correct?  You'll no longer be able to pull anything else?

A couple of questions:  90 thou already?  Holy fuck dude.  At what point do you anticipate having to do an in-frame on that mofo?

Also, re-rigging the air lines means you're married to that flatbed, correct?  You'll no longer be able to pull anything else?

That’s 90k since last April. Works out to about 2k a week. I’ve taken a couple of long breaks. Should be over 100k by now if I was hustling nonstop.

I plan on using quick connects for the air lines. I’ll T from the existing point so that if someone else needs to hook my trailer they can.

Not sure about the rebuild time frame on the new X15. The older Cummins you would start looking at it around 5-600k

I run mine all the time but I have it set where i can’t hear 1/2 of the background bullshit.
Pushing around 100w so I get heard when I key up.
The CB chatter got so bad in the mid 2000’s most guys just quit using them. also believe cell phones play a big part in the decreased CB usage.
fc18ac7907d92eea09b8b39938647926.jpg

Just had a fucking rock hauler up my ass at 1626 and Manchaca. They’re going to the crusher at Ruby Ranch, or the limestone pits at Buda.
They are fucking insane and they are on the clock, so they tailgate, and spill their loads when they overfill. The roads get covered in rocks and shit. They don’t cover their loads.
Most of those shite trucks shouldn’t be on the road.
If you parked at Brodie and 1626 right now, you would see at least 5 go by in the space of 10 minutes. It’s the night shift.
2-3 years ago, a grandmother and her grandchild were killed when one took a corner near Hays City and rolled his truck on top of her car. He was on his cell phone.
It’s lawless out there, and TXDOT and DPS doesn’t give a shit because business and ‘ ‘Murica.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a fucking rock hauler up my ass at 1626 and Manchaca. They’re going to the crusher at Ruby Ranch, or the limestone pits at Buda.
They are fucking insane and they are on the clock, so they tailgate, and spill their loads when they overfill. The roads get covered in rocks and shit. They don’t cover their loads.
If you parked at Brodie and 1626 right now, you would see at least 5 go by in the space of 10 minutes. It’s the night shift.
2-3 years ago, a grandmother and her grandchild were killed when one took a corner near Hays City and rolled his truck on top of her car. He was on his cell phone.
It’s lawless out there, and TXDOT and DPS doesn’t give a shit because business and ‘ ‘Murica.

Dump buckets are the worst of the worst. They aren’t on the clock they get paid by the load.

11 hours ago, Snow Dog said:

Bell county has become a shithole of quarrys. I agree with everything you said. These idiots are either 20mph under the speed limit in the left lane or up everyone's ass. 

4 hours ago, drifter379 said:

Dump buckets are the worst of the worst. They aren’t on the clock they get paid by the load.

Didn't used to be.  We had end dumps and bottom dumps, and sometimes they were paid by weight or ton/mile, but any construction jobs (import-export or demo) were hourly at the PUC rate, which used to be $66 and change per hour.   The googles tell me that the rate is about $85 now.