Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

drifter379

Show dog! I'm not sure I've ever seen Nig uh, umm, lug nut caps quite like those. Do you run lights inside the breather? Seen a few with those and like it. It's subtle, but really adds to the look.

I’m still trying to decide on the breather. I kind of want to run purple lights but if I do I’ll wait until I get the whole truck done in dual revolutions.

Took this shot just off 81 around Bristol for Drifter a couple of months ago. IIRC the first 5 were all his purple.
5b577026ad839e4a6d1b0602b0346b79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Must have been Fitzgerald’s.
I’m bummed to hear that there were so many the same color as mine. Iv actually only seen 3 others on the road since I got mine last year.

They way I understood it was the emissions had to meet the standard of the engine year model instead of the glider frame. They are or were going to flip that.

That was what I was hearing too.

Emissions would have to meet the truck not the engine. Most of the glider guys were doing it not only for emissions but to avoid the ELD mandate.

I’ll have the lines short enough to turn but won’t be getting tangled up. I hat a T connection done so that I can still use airlines in the traditional way if I need to grab a different trailer for some reason.

Also I think I still have to use glad and on the other end under the trailer. Some bullshit DOT rule. But the quick connects make it easier for when I drop the trailer. I can leave the air lines with the trailer instead of having to tie them up on the tractor somehow.

18 hours ago, ss13 said:

Couldn’t figure if I was missing a joke since that’s plainly displayed. 

I was suggesting that I was such an expert on these things that I could tell what exact make and model just by looking at the screen. To make it more believable, I suggested an "almost correct" make and model, the 220 instead of the 230. So yes, it was a joke.

At our office years back, I walked into the break room as a guy was installing a new ice machine. i said, "Oh, is that the Excelsior 4000?". He said no, it was blah blah. Then started talking my ear off about the benefits and nuances of the new machine. I regretted making my comment.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, drifter379 said:

May contain salty language.

And yes I do listen to trucking songs while I’m trucking. Don’t judge me.

I can't believe you were listening to "Roll On 18 Wheeler" when that happened.  Just perfect!

• Like 1

So to clear up a few myths.
Truck stops are open.
Restaurants are closed to seating but you can order to go. Same with the fast food joints in the truck stops.
Showers are still open along with bathrooms.
All of the scales I’ve passed from GA through upstate NY have been closed.
Traffic has been much lighter in the cities I’ve passed through.
Rest areas are open for parking only.

I’m a little nervous about tomorrow. I’ve got a stop here in Syracuse and on in Albany. I hope they are open to receive.
Trying to get a load back to Texas and will try to stay within a tank of fuel to the house in case it all shuts down.
So far it’s been business as usual but I’m afraid that’s about to change as I think this is about to ramp up over the next week or so.

Keeping myself entertained this weekend trying not to dwell on all the drama.
0add58bfda2b73a285773f60778470b8.jpg

• Like 1