Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

drifter379

Got a load of forklifts picking up in the morning going to Corpus. Im going to keep running as long as I can. Unfortunately open deck doesn’t get much essential freight. Unless it all goes to shit and the military starts mobilizing.

I will try to stay within a tank of fuel from the house in case I have to get there in a hurry.

Got a load of forklifts picking up in the morning going to Corpus. Im going to keep running as long as I can. Unfortunately open deck doesn’t get much essential freight. Unless it all goes to shit and the military starts mobilizing.

I will try to stay within a tank of fuel from the house in case I have to get there in a hurry.

Hit me up if you run out of stuff to haul.

4 hours ago, drifter379 said:

How much fuel does your rig hold? And what kind of mpg does it get?

Must have been Fitzgerald’s. I’m bummed to hear that there were so many the same color as mine. Iv actually only seen 3 others on the road since I got mine last year.

Just brought the kid home, today, from college in NC. All of them are still on the lot 3.5 months after that pix.  

Reading you have enough fuel to drive 12+ hours , and Brisket’s saga, will get me off the self pity wagon after the 8-9 hundred mile round trip in two days to bring my daughter( no pix) home.

8-9 hundred mile round trip in two days

Bless your heart.
6199e6f5eddfa46ace1c9196257f5ad5.jpg

I was doing a little trailer trucking today. Lol

ce7b00741063ae3863fddb89b8f36b01.jpg
I reset the trip meter after I filled up in Meridian MS. So that mpg and speed is for the 508.5 to Baytown TX

That includes crossing the Bridge in Red Stick at 15:30 this afternoon.
There is practically no traffic out here anywhere. 18fad4c60f61b6e67c7610ddb25e0620.jpg
That’s I-10 bridge west bound in Baton Rouge at 3:30 in the afternoon.
  • Like 2

If these vids are boring let me know and I’ll stop. Trying to figure out a good way to use the camera.

And if there is something y’all would like to know or see let me know and I’ll try to figure something out.

Leaving the TA in Meridian MS on my way to Baytown TX

[/url]

Almost to Baytown and this guy almost ate the trailer in the right lane. The prospective of the camera doesn’t do justice to how close this actually was. You can see the break lights and the swerve at the last second.

• Like 1

Mercer does have dry vans.
Freight hasn’t changed much in the lanes I’ve been running but the fuel surcharge has gone away for the most part which makes most guys think the rates are dropping.
I paid $1.46 gal in MS today.

Holy hell, it’s about $2.10 up here. We still pay a fuel surcharge on our loads, but it’s dropping steadily weekly.

4 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Holy hell, it’s about $2.10 up here. 

The cheapest I've seen is $2.12 in DFW area.

Man I wish they had dashcams back in the day. I could make your hair curl.

Edited by RPM

• 1 month later...

Nice. I pulled an end dump that was a dedicated trailer. All the lines (air/hydraulic) hooked at the 5th wheel and gave me an extra couple feet to play with.

How's the Corona affecting you? Freight still moving? Truck Stops closed down? Haven't seen fuel this cheap in 20 years. Also, have you considered adding trailer skirts for aero?

Edited by RPM

I paid $1.05 gal in Waco Thursday. Load was paying $2.15/mile.

It’s kind of hit and miss with freight. I’ve had to sit a couple of times because I don’t haul cheap. But I’m only down $.06 a mile from the three months prior to this shit.

What about adding aero skirts? Seems like a cheap way to cheat another mpg here and there. I come from a different generation where aero wasn't considered (see: cabovers) and my end dump was a aerodynamic nightmare. My trailer was like this one, but 38" with a side swing tail gate so I could load palletized. I could see where running skirts up the arms from the 5th wheel to the pivot then down the frame would have cut massive drag.

K1954A.JPG

Edited by RPM

• 2 weeks later...

Had a fucking Peterbilt up my ass during rush hour today. These fucking fucksticks don’t give a fuck about the No goddamn trucks in the left lane rule. Slow ass bitches tying up traffic. Stupid fucking assholes.
The goddamn rock haulers downtown at the Capitol are fucking psychos. I’ve already called in at least 2.
I’ve got cameras, you stupid fucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a fucking Peterbilt up my ass during rush hour today. These fucking fucksticks don’t give a fuck about the No goddamn trucks in the left lane rule. Slow ass bitches tying up traffic. Stupid fucking assholes.
The goddamn rock haulers downtown at the Capitol are fucking psychos. I’ve already called in at least 2.
I’ve got cameras, you stupid fucks.

So which is it? They are in the way or up your ass?

Not to CR this, but watched video of the tanker driver that pushed through protesters after they started climbing on the truck. Fuck. That. I had to run picket lines a few times when I pulled a reefer (somebody was always on strike). You do not slow down, lay on the horn and blow thru. They scatter because they know the game. These fuckers are fanatics. If you're boarded/hijacked you are authorized to take full defensive measures (up to and including making road pizza). I got the fears for muh life.

*I am not a legal scholar but I've slept in a '66 Diamond T.

• Like 1

Hey, Tiny!
Overcompensating somewhat?
Thx for letting me know what you’re driving, fuckface.

Seriously, you just proved my point.
The no left lane allows commuter traffic to accelerate past your dumb ass, because you’re driving a slow piece of shit.
Look up most of the problems on Waze on IH 35, what do you see?
Stalled 18 wheeler. Take the toll road, you fucking idiot.

Dude, get the fuck off this thread, drifter is cool with everyone else. We don’t go fucking up your precious disc golf threads with incoherent alcoholic ramblings. 

Go fuck yourself.
Your buddy already proved he’s an asshole by slowing everything down in the fast lane . He posted fucking proof. I drive IH 35 every goddamn weekday, and every day it’s a goddamn idiot in a truck doing stupid shit.
Every.
Fucking.
Day.
If you wanna wank off Truck drivers, go to Loves in Lubbock, I’m sure they’ll love you.

• Fuck You 1