Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

drifter379

• 2 weeks later...

I've been watching old Ice Road Truckers lately. I'm fully aware it's 'reality' TV, but where does the cameraman sleep if they're stranded somewhere overnight? You can tell there's usually a chase vehicle involved too. 

Is DOT blitz all week this week? It’s normally 72 hrs I think but I heard they were talking about dragging it out for a few weeks.

Yeah it’s this week. Been lucky so far. Pulling a small oversized load from Grand Rapids to deliver in Arlington Friday.

17 minutes ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

What's Dot blitz?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

What's Dot blitz?

16 minutes ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

What's Dot blitz?

What he said³

Since they wouldn’t answer. 

The Department of Transportation (DOT) conducts an annual inspection program that is commonly referred to as Blitz Week. The aim of Blitz Week is the inspection of all over the road equipment and the drivers who use it. The name, however, is a bit of a misnomer as Blitz Week actually only runs over a three-day period.

Trucks, equipment, and even drivers age with time and with excessive use. Blitz week is a way to weed out the equipment or drivers that are not safe for the road or need updating in order to prevent problems and potential accidents.  

In this article, we’ll take a look at this inspection program by the numbers and the DOT inspection focus. 

We’ll also talk a bit about the penalties for failed inspections. So, use this article proactively!

https://www.redwoodlogistics.com/what-is-dot-blitz-week/

Road check / safety blitz week is usually the first week of June and was cancelled I thought this year? Usually they focus on some time of equipment enforcement like brakes or tandems. 

This week was some already scheduled driver awareness week that the main focus over the road would be speeding apparently. I haven’t really heard any issues from it like we normally do during road check week. 

here’s some info on it. 

https://www.cvsa.org/program/programs/operation-safe-driver/operation-safe-driver-week/

Snow dog is the kind of dick that’s usually causing all the traffic problems. He thinks he knows better than everyone else and tries to live out some weird traffic enforcement fantasy by Cutting off trucks and brake checking which causes everyone else to slow down or won’t let trucks change lanes by speeding up to block them. And all kinds of other douche bag behavior.

Also you stupid fuck. There were 4 of us in the left lane that day all the way through town. And each one of us had a permit from TXDOT requiring us to be in that lane.

So sit down and shut up and let the grown men go about their business.

Nope. None of what you just blathered about my driving is true, Cletus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Snow Dog said:

This sumbitch tied up the inside lane from Buda a48a2a9bfd9ef3d1e789104ae98a426a.jpg
to Riverside this morning. But I’m sure he had a permit.

Looks like he's got a long line of cars in front of him. He's really backing things up.

200.gif

All I know is I drove from Nashville to Houston the other week and I've never seen as many 1) 18 wheelers/trucks/semi's/whatever and 2) RV's/trailers/5thwheels/whatever. It made the drive absolutely miserable. It took 4.5 hours to get from Nashville to Memphis alone. 

I guess Covid-19 related; anyways what is usually a 12 hour drive turned into a 15 hour drive, all-in (had to stop when planned on doing it in one haul due to the delays).

All I know is I drove from Nashville to Houston the other week and I've never seen as many 1) 18 wheelers/trucks/semi's/whatever and 2) RV's/trailers/5thwheels/whatever. It made the drive absolutely miserable. It took 4.5 hours to get from Nashville to Memphis alone. 
I guess Covid-19 related; anyways what is usually a 12 hour drive turned into a 15 hour drive, all-in (had to stop when planned on doing it in one haul due to the delays).

Blasphemer!!

On 6/3/2020 at 9:05 AM, Snow Dog said:

I have a problem with psychotic maniacs threatening my life on a daily basis, and I get worked up a bit.
Fucking sue me.

I just imagine Snow Dog being some adventurous form of being NowThis’d.  What a fucking beating. 

I just ask that people don’t fuck with me.
The worst part of my day for the last 30 years has involved 2 hours of IH 35, every day.most of the grief is asshole truckers.
Be polite and have some fucking manners, we’re all in this shit together.
Whether it’s jackass pickup drivers with Punisher decals, or some dumb fuck who is dead heading out of Bum Fuck Egypt, just quit being assholes.

4 hours ago, DalTxHornFan said:

PSA:  Your registration expires this coming Friday.

The waiver from the state is still in effect. Vehicle title and registration renewals are currently being waived due to Covid. It is not a citable offense nor good reason for contact currently. 

https://www.txdmv.gov/covid-19

Edited by Constant

Got damn, you people are fucking stupid. Fucking maintain separation.

Were you afraid you were going to roll back and hit him? Or that his truck was gonna breathe on your car or rub its dick on you?

I bet you would rather be laying some pipe instead.

Probably getting it laid.