Put in the big hole and gouge on it (truck driver check in)

drifter379

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/7/2020 at 11:30 PM, drifter379 said:

Snow dog in Ohio?

35 South of Jackson is the best road in Ohio. Have never ventured into that AA truck stop since the rest stop is just a few minutes from there. Ever stop and checkout the Mothman statue in Point Pleasant, WV? Probably not that easy to do in a big rig. I like to pull up the Mothcam and people watch a few times a month.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

35 South of Jackson is the best road in Ohio. Have never ventured into that AA truck stop since the rest stop is just a few minutes from there. Ever stop and checkout the Mothman statue in Point Pleasant, WV? Probably not that easy to do in a big rig. I like to pull up the Mothcam and people watch a few times a month.

I just watched a moth man doc the other day. I’d like to check out the museum.

The food at the truck stop isn’t bad. I’ve only ever had breakfast there but it’s better than any of the fast food joints. And there is tons of truck parking there.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

Paywalled article, but the short answer is because it's cute. I used to have a couple Garfield stuffed animals. One was suction cupped to the lower passenger window the other was a half body they hung out of the trailer door. I thought they were funny af. Had a Muppets Animal I used to swap out with the window Garfield. Get a sense of humor for fucks sake.

Paywalled article, but the short answer is because it's cute. I used to have a couple Garfield stuffed animals. One was suction cupped to the lower passenger window the other was a half body they hung out of the trailer door. I thought they were funny af. Had a Muppets Animal I used to swap out with the window Garfield. Get a sense of humor for fucks sake.
Ah, for some reason it wasn't pay walled for me. That was basically the gist of the article. The most common answers were 1) it's funny, or 2) chick's dig it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Just now, PatrickMcHorn said:

Ah, for some reason it wasn't pay walled for me. That was basically the gist of the article. The most common answers were 1) it's funny, or 2) chick's dig it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

That's it. Ya gotta have a sense of humor to deal with the mundane. Same reason I'd write free beast exam 50 ft ahead on a dirty trailer door. You'd be surprised how many times it paid off.

• Like 1

I’ve seen guys with skeletons and blowup dolls in the passenger seat too.

On 2/12/2020 at 11:21 AM, otisdog said:

Those floors are very common in older production buildings/warehouses - bombproof, but provides some give in regards to foot traffic.

what are the dimensions of the "bricks"?

sorry, I'm behind on the thread

Edited by High Plains Drifter

2 hours ago, drifter379 said:

That swift trailer was most likely a UPS or Amazon brokered load.
They call them “power only” loads. Which means I would pick up a trailer at a yard in Dallas and run it to Houston drop it and pick up a different trailer and bring it back to Dallas.

We used to call them "drop & hook" loads.

• Like 1

I used to talk shit about Macks until I drive one for a couple of years. They ain't fancy on the interior, but they're tough. I drove an early 90's R Model and they made huge improvements to the suspension from the old camelback days. I can only imagine what they have now.

51 minutes ago, RPM said:

I used to talk shit about Macks until I drive one for a couple of years. They ain't fancy on the interior, but they're tough. I drove an early 90's R Model and they made huge improvements to the suspension from the old camelback days. I can only imagine what they have now.

My BIL has one, and it's a nightmare for electrical issues.   Otherwise pretty solid. 

• 2 weeks later...

Back in the day (late 80's - early 90's) I had a pretty good TV set up. It was similar to this pic, but it was an Emerson. It was secured(?) with a small bungie cord sitting on the mattress in a cabover Freightliner. There used to be a movie rental network at Petro and TA where you rent at one place and return anywhere in the network. It was pretty lousy and I usually wound up doing the scan/computer work for the high school dropout minimum wage clueless clerks. But the set was damn near indestructible. It went through 100s of thousands of miles bouncing on a mattress held only only a small bungie wrapped around the carry handle.

810iztscLYL._AC_SX425_.jpg

26 minutes ago, RPM said:

Back in the day (late 80's - early 90's) I had a pretty good TV set up. It was similar to this pic, but it was an Emerson. It was secured(?) with a small bungie cord sitting on the mattress in a cabover Freightliner. There used to be a movie rental network at Petro and TA where you rent at one place and return anywhere in the network. It was pretty lousy and I usually wound up doing the scan/computer work for the high school dropout minimum wage clueless clerks. But the set was damn near indestructible. It went through 100s of thousands of miles bouncing on a mattress held only only a small bungie wrapped around the carry handle.

810iztscLYL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Bet you had a couple of "go to" tapes under the mattress.   Late 80's?  I'm guessing it was mostly John Holmes/Marilyn Chambers stuff, with a little Christy Canyon, Ginger Lynn, and Nina Hartley mixed in. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2