Cohens Go Netflix: Ballad of Buster Scruggs

NWBuck

1 minute ago, TornACL said:

Finally got around to watching this. 

Meal Ticket. Holy shit. That was the saddest thing I have watched in a while. So well done and well acted, despite very little dialogue (other than the performances, of course) 

yeah.  I think stumpy deserves an oscar 

Finished it on a plane tonight. The last one didn’t do much for me, but all the rest were worth watching. Meal Ticket took a little too long to come together for me. I skipped it the first time, but went back and watched it based on the comments here and it was worth it. I could watch a full length movie on the first one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Finally got around to watching this after all the presents were wrapped and kids were in bed on Christmas Eve. 

What a great movie. 

My favorite was definitely Buster Scruggs, but the last one in the coach was a close second. 

Second tiger, but still great was the Wagon Train, Gold prospector; and bank robber. 

Meal ticket was really effing dark, superbly acted but man what a disturbing little film. 

5 hours ago, fellside said:

Holy shit.  I just saw that the dude with no arms and legs is Dudley Dursley from Harry Potter.

Yeah, he didn't like seeing himself on the big screen and started working out.

You should just go ahead and google "neville longbottom underwear model".  He seems to have been the one to hit the jackpot in genetics, next to Emma Watson.

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2019 at 4:02 PM, atomheartbevo said:

You should just go ahead and google "neville longbottom underwear model".  He seems to have been the one to hit the jackpot in genetics, next to Emma Watson.

wow this was a really gay comment that we all just ignored, huh? ^^

Anyways, just saw this and thought it was amazing and knew there'd be good conversation around it.

On 12/25/2019 at 8:56 AM, fellside said:

Holy shit.  I just saw that the dude with no arms and legs is Dudley Dursley from Harry Potter.

this is accurate.  it's harry melling.

On 12/25/2019 at 2:02 PM, atomheartbevo said:

the person you're talking about is matthew lewis, who was also in harry potter, but not in buster scruggs.

i don't know if this was intentional or not, but i tried to clean it up.  note - i have no idea who either person is, i only saw the first harry potter and only watched buster scruggs once.  hope this helped.

On 1/12/2021 at 2:14 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

Anyways, just saw this and thought it was amazing and knew there'd be good conversation around it.

Going back to this, I would like the Coens to do more anthologies for Netflix.

Check out Godless on Netflix, it's not quite an anthology, and is dark, but really fantastic cast.

Edited by atomheartbevo