Cord Cutters Thread

23 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Neah ^

This ^

Competition always drives price down and streaming allows for far more competition.  It'll keep going up for sure as everyone still wants their slice of the pie.  But never as bad as the old cable/satellite days (not counting inflation, of course).  Plus, if you were smart enough to cut the cord years ago, you get the savings accumulated over a longer period of time to subtract from your overall total.  Anyone still using cable/satellite today (unless they don't have the internet speed available to support streaming) is just throwing money away for the foreseeable future.

Add in the most important expectation that streaming has set that you can start/stop/pause easily without long term contracts and with almost zero hassle.

My TCL roku tv that we have on the deck took a dump yesterday before the game.  Super dark screen and after some googling it appears the led backlight going out is a big issue for TCL.  Anyone have any recs on another brand with built-in roku?  Looking for something around 55".

Edited by kevwun

3 hours ago, kevwun said:

My TCL roku tv that we have on the deck took a dump yesterday before the game.  Super dark screen and after some googling it appears the led backlight going out is a big issue for TCL.  Anyone have any recs on another brand with built-in roku?  Looking for something around 55".

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/roku

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-size/55-inch

Edited by Viper
  • Hook 'Em 1

anyone else still hanging on to their grandfathered directv att now go big subscription? $65 and includes hbo max. we definitely watch hbo max way more than att tv, but att isn't too shabby for sports.
I have it... But it's not 65 anymore. It's 85. And I think HBO max was just a promo, no? I've had the go big plan since directv now came out and the plan was 35/month.

Debating ending it and finding something else that includes NFL. Strange that the former directv app doesn't have it included.

On 9/13/2020 at 7:42 PM, Horny04 said:

I have it... But it's not 65 anymore. It's 85. And I think HBO max was just a promo, no? I've had the go big plan since directv now came out and the plan was 35/month.

hbo (max) has always been +$5 for me.

initially (aug 2017) the service was $35+$5, and then in aug 2018 they raised it to $40+$5. raised again in apr 2019 to $50+$5, and then $60+$5 in dec 2019.

11 hours ago, kevwun said:

I called TCL on a whim and it looks like they may repair it under warranty.  Supposed to take a pic of it and email it to them with my proof of purchase.  They said they will do an onsite repair because of it's size.

back in 2004(?) i had a panasonic plasma that started freaking out after only a month. guy that services for panasonic comes over and fixes it. takes him ~15 minutes. oh yeah, he didn't have hands. 

• Like 1

hbo (max) has always been +$5 for me.

initially (aug 2017) the service was $35+$5, and then in aug 2018 they raised it to $40+$5. raised again in apr 2019 to $50+$5, and then $60+$5 in dec 2019.

OK I'm wrong, but it's confusing on their part. When I log in, it says I'm subscribed to the Go Big package that's no longer offered, and when you view packages it lists that one as $85. But when I go to my billing it shows that I'm only paying $60/month + tax.

So I feel better about it - getting more channels (that I don't watch) plus HBO (that I do watch) for cheaper than other streaming services.

But I'm still in a spot where I don't get NFL network and have no option for redzone. Wish I could get an add on for football season that has it doesn't make sense that a service formerly called directv now doesn't offer it. Also no longhorn network, but I have a log in for ESPN app that worked well to stream it this past weekend.

Also an HBO question - does HBO Go exist anymore or did HBO Max replace it? I'm getting the impression that I have to pay extra for HBO Max if I want it, but how do I stream regular hbo shows now like I used to with my provider credentials on my fire TV?

anyone else still hanging on to their grandfathered directv att now go big subscription? $65 and includes hbo max. we definitely watch hbo max way more than att tv, but att isn't too shabby for sports.

I have mine still and have been mostly satisfied with them up until today. I have been receiving HBO channels free since signing up early and doing the beta testing for their tuner. At some point this afternoon/early evening I lost the regular HBO channels in the ATT TV program guide. Now only HBO Max shows up and that is only on 2 of my 5 TVs - the one with an Apple TV and the one using the beta test tuner. My other TVs use either Roku or Amazon devices.

I am at the point where about all we watch are the Fox and ESPN sports channels, and TCM through ATT TV. We have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Disney+ and ESPN+ (through Apple subscription, but tied to ATT TV account).

If I cancel ATT TV, it looks like I can at least keep HBO Max for free because I have a gigabit internet plan from ATT.

If I understand correctly, cancelling the ATT TV account will cause me to lose access to live ESPN broadcasts including LHN even though I have ESPN+. Is this correct? Does bundling it with Disney+ change anything?

It also looks like at least some TCM movies are included as part of HBO Max. Are those dependent upon a subscription to a TV service?

I don’t want to lose LHN and Formula 1 racing if I cancel ATT TV.

I think I remember some answers to these questions further up thread, but Tapa search is crashing for me, so I apologize for asking again.

looking at switching from att internet to xfinity. I see xfinity has 100MB for $35/month (I have my own modem). Anyone have experience with this? Any extra charges or fees? I see there's already a $90 installation fee making it more like $42.50/month. Anyone have a code for a discount?

The other option is stick with att and go with their 1000MB/1GB for $60 (after equipment fee) which includes hbo max. Anyone think it's worth it for a full gig compared to 100? I feel like we're doing ok with 50mb right now (3 person household).

I already have netflix, hulu, disney+ and amazon, and will add vidgo or sling for sports, so I'm not really looking to add any more streaming but the hbo shows would be nice.

On 9/14/2020 at 9:44 PM, The University said:

back in 2004(?) i had a panasonic plasma that started freaking out after only a month. guy that services for panasonic comes over and fixes it. takes him ~15 minutes. oh yeah, he didn't have hands. 

What’d he use to fix it? His nose?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/18/2020 at 6:51 PM, Viper said:

looking at switching from att internet to xfinity. I see xfinity has 100MB for $35/month (I have my own modem). Anyone have experience with this? Any extra charges or fees? I see there's already a $90 installation fee making it more like $42.50/month. Anyone have a code for a discount?

The other option is stick with att and go with their 1000MB/1GB for $60 (after equipment fee) which includes hbo max. Anyone think it's worth it for a full gig compared to 100? I feel like we're doing ok with 50mb right now (3 person household).

I already have netflix, hulu, disney+ and amazon, and will add vidgo or sling for sports, so I'm not really looking to add any more streaming but the hbo shows would be nice.

If your cable modem was previously provisioned for a different company, there are no guarantees xfinity will allow you to use it on their network, or it may not be on their approved modem list.  Better check to make sure before you make the leap.

If I had a choice between xfinity and ATT fiber, I'm picking the fiber.  You don't need the gig service, as others pointed out.  But it's nice to have that headroom, plus you are gaining everything HBO has to offer.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Viper said:

I haven't looked into HBO max much, what's good on it, other than the hbo shows? 

For starters, you get HBO.  That used to be around $12-15 per month by itself.

Then add on a bunch of other stuff.  I pulled this from some website:

Spoiler

HBO Max included 10,000 hours of premium content at launch. The library includes the entire HBO service, titles past and present from Warner Bros., top content from around the world, and a monthly offering of new Max Originals, including Seth Rogen’s comedy An American Pickle, Jordan Peele’s horror series Lovecraft Country, and Ridley Scott’s sci-fi series Raised by Wolves.

The streaming service pulls from WarnerMedia’s deep content library, including films and TV from Warner Bros.’ 100-year content collection, New Line, DC, CNN, TNT, TBS, truTV, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, Crunchyroll, Rooster Teeth, Looney Tunes, a curated selection of classic films in partnership with TCM, and more. HBO Max also offers an extensive selection of third-party acquired series and movies.

WarnerMedia’s extensive portfolio of programming and acquisitions that were available on day one include the complete libraries of Friends, The Big Bang Theory, Rick and Morty, The Boondocks, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown, and many more popular shows. Within the first year of launch, the platform will add the libraries of South Park, Gossip Girl, The West Wing, and more classic shows.

Furthermore, if you’re among the legions of fans who enjoy Doctor Who via streaming services, HBO Max is going to be a must-have. At launch, HBO Max became the exclusive online home for the puckish Time Lord, with all 11 seasons of the modern Doctor Who series available. Future seasons of the show will also stream exclusively on HBO Max, arriving on the service sometime after they’ve made their debut on BBC America.

The full slate of HBO’s original series — including Westworld, Watchmen, Veep, Curb Your Enthusiasm, The Larry Sanders Show, and upcoming projects from J.J. Abrams and Joss Whedon, to name a few — are also available in some form on HBO Max.

Beyond series and specials, HBO Max will also feature a library of more than 2,000 feature films within the first year. Immediately at launch, audiences will have access to 700 blockbusters films via HBO, including Crazy Rich Asians, A Star Is Born, Aquaman, and Joker, as well as films acquired specifically for HBO Max via Warner Bros., the Criterion Collection, and the acclaimed Studio Ghibli. Just days after a Studio Ghibli representative told reporters that the Japanese studio’s films would never come to streaming services, WarnerMedia announced that all 21 of Studio Ghibli’s animated features would stream exclusively on HBO Max. That lineup includes family-friendly favorite My Neighbor Totoro, the Oscar-winning Spirited Away, and The Wind Rises. Twenty of these films are currently available.

HBO Max will also exclusively release Zack Snyder’s fan-demanded Director’s Cut of Justice League at some point in 2021.

The WarnerMedia portfolio also gives HBO Max the ability to curate their film offerings from 100 years of filmmaking. At launch, available films will include Casablanca, The Wizard of Oz, Citizen Kane, The Matrix, The Goonies, When Harry Met Sally, The Lord of the Rings, Gremlins, all of the Lego movies, and every DC film from the last decade, including Wonder Woman, Justice League, and every Batman and Superman movie from the last 40 years.

WarnerMedia also encompasses the Godzilla and King Kong MonsterVerse films, which will not be available immediately at launch. Another major Warner Bros. Pictures property that won’t be included at launch is Harry Potter’s Wizarding World, which NBCUniversal purchased the exclusive streaming rights to in a deal that runs through 2025.

What about original series and films?

The slate of Max Originals currently available to viewers includes scripted comedy Love Life, starring Anna Kendrick; Sundance 2020 Official Selection feature documentary On the Record; underground ballroom dance competition series Legendary; Craftopia, hosted by YouTube star LaurDIY; new Looney Tunes Cartoons; and Sesame Workshops’ The Not Too Late Show with Elmo.

Over time, Max Originals will continue to premiere on HBO Max at a regular cadence throughout the summer and fall. The first HBO Max Original series to air was Ridley Scott’s sci-fi series Raised by Wolves. Some of the upcoming content includes The Flight Attendant, starring and executive produced by Kaley Cuoco, based on the novel of the same name by New York Times bestselling author Chris Bohjalian; all-new original episodes of the DC fan-favorite Doom Patrol; a new season of the mystery-comedy Search Party; the three-part documentary series Expecting Amy, an unfiltered and intimate view into comedian Amy Schumer’s life on tour during her difficult pregnancy; the adult animated comedy Close Enough from J.G. Quintel, creator of Cartoon Network’s Emmy-winning Regular Show; and Adventure Time Distant Lands – BMO, the first of four breakout specials reviving Cartoon Network’s beloved franchise Adventure Time.

Soon, HBO Max will air the highly anticipated Friends unscripted cast reunionspecial.

As far as creators go, the biggest gun in HBO Max’s arsenal is J.J. Abrams, who recently signed a $250 million production deal with WarnerMedia to produce new content for the company. That’s less than the $500 million early rumors said the deal was worth, but the rest of the facts seem to remain true, namely that Abrams signed with WarnerMedia because he was interested in its plans for HBO Max and that he’ll be creating a number of original series for the platform.

The first three one-hour shows from the Star Wars director will include Justice League Dark, Overlook, and Duster. Justice League Dark was previously conceived as a movie for the DC Expanded Universe but will now be a series on HBO Max. Based on the comics series of the same name introduced in 2011, Justice League Dark follows supernatural characters like Zatanna, Deadman, Swamp Thing, and John Constantine as they take on occult characters.

Overlook is a 10-episode horror-thriller that is a quasi-spinoff of Stephen King’s The Shining. It will feature some of the same characters from King’s story but focus primarily on the haunted hotel at the center of Stanley Kubrick’s 1980 film. Duster is set in the 1970s Southwest and revolves around a getaway driver working for a rapidly growing crime syndicate.

HBO Max will also eventually offer four young-adult films produced by Greg Berlanti, the producer behind many of The CW’s popular superhero shows, as well as two (or more) original movies produced by Reese Witherspoon’s production company, Hello Sunshine. Let Them All Talk, a Steven Soderbergh-directed movie starring Meryl Streep, Dianne Wiest, and Candice Bergen, will also be an HBO Max exclusive.

Berlanti will also produce two new DC Comics shows for HBO Max: Green Lantern and an anthology series called Strange Adventures. The service will also be the exclusive streaming source for all new Warner Bros. dramas produced for The CW network, beginning with the fall 2019 season that features the premieres of Batwoman and another Riverdale spinoff, Katy Keene.

Other scripted originals include a series adaptation of James Fenimore Cooper’s classic historical novel The Last of the Mohicans, led by Cary Fukunaga and Watchmen director Nicole Kassell; Grease: Rydell High; a Cristin Milioti-led comedy called Made for Love; and limited series Station Eleven, starring Mackenzie Davis.

A Gossip Girl reboot is also currently in development for HBO Max, while The Big Bang Theory‘s Kaley Cuoco will produce and star in The Flight Attendant, an upcoming murder mystery. Series based on the novels Made for Love and Circe are in preproduction, while Starstruck — a film from comedian Rose Matafeo — will be a collaboration between WarnerMedia and BBC Three. Baby Driver star Ansel Elgort will star in Tokyo Vice for the streamer. HBO has also announced plans to produce a one-hour series based on Adam Silvera’s bestselling YA novel More Happy Than Not.

HBO Max will also try its hand at unscripted programming. Voguing series Legendary will be hosted by Dashaun Wesley and judged by Jameela Jamil (The Good Place), Megan Thee Stallion, Law Roach, and Leiomy Maldonado, alongside a weekly rotating guest judge, while commentary will be provided by DJ MikeQ. Design competition show The Greatest Space hails from the producers behind Queer Eye and The Amazing Race. Both are expected to launch in spring 2020.

Other original series planned for the service include an animated Gremlins prequel and Dune: The Sisterhood, a spinoff series inspired by Denis Villeneuve’s upcoming adaptation of author Frank Herbert’s sci-fi classic. HBO Max is also developing a film adaptation of Stephen King and Joe Hill’s novella, Throttle, produced by David S. Goyer’s Phantom Four label.

Edited by Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, NoName said:

i mean 99% of the population doesn't NEED gigabit

that said, i really really really want gigabit lol

That's why we should start seeing 2 gig internet deals popping up.  They already "upgraded" you to 1 gig that you won't use, why not offer 2 gig for an extra $10/month.

Its really only the 2nd number people should care about - the upload speed. Most of the gig offers right now are around 20-35Mbps upload speed.

at&t has all the 1 gig and under prices the same so there's no sense in getting anything less. I called to cancel directv, and then asked about internet deals again and they gave me 1gig + hbo max for $39.99 a month so I took that. Now I'll see if I can't make that HD antenna for the attic before my directv ends oct 4th

13 minutes ago, Viper said:

at&t has all the 1 gig and under prices the same so there's no sense in getting anything less. I called to cancel directv, and then asked about internet deals again and they gave me 1gig + hbo max for $39.99 a month so I took that. Now I'll see if I can't make that HD antenna for the attic before my directv ends oct 4th

What kind of cables does AT&T require in your house? My house was remodeled at some point, and they ripped out everything, even the phone lines. I now have coax but don't want to have to pay AT&T a big install fee to do a shitty job running their cables all over my house.

What kind of extra fees with AT&T? Do you have to rent their modem/gateway? Can you use your own Wifi router?

33 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That's why we should start seeing 2 gig internet deals popping up.  They already "upgraded" you to 1 gig that you won't use, why not offer 2 gig for an extra $10/month.

Its really only the 2nd number people should care about - the upload speed. Most of the gig offers right now are around 20-35Mbps upload speed.

Moving to 2 gig would require, in almost every instance,  new devices from the ISP.  Multigig interfaces do exist, but usually that is only on enterprise grade gear.

Google is rolling out 2 gig in select markets, and it requires a new router they provide.

1 hour ago, tokamak said:

What kind of cables does AT&T require in your house? My house was remodeled at some point, and they ripped out everything, even the phone lines. I now have coax but don't want to have to pay AT&T a big install fee to do a shitty job running their cables all over my house.

What kind of extra fees with AT&T? Do you have to rent their modem/gateway? Can you use your own Wifi router?

my house was built in 2012 and it has ethernet wired throughout the house. You *may* be able to use coax, but you wouldn't be getting close to gigabit speeds.

You do have to pay a $10 fee to rent their modem/wifi router combo, however you don't have to use their wifi. I have the wifi part turned off and just set up my own routers in a mesh. My $40 price includes the equipment rental fee, regularly it would be $60 for gigabit + equipment. As for other fees, while I haven't had my first bill with gigabit yet, my previous at&t internet bills had an 18cent State Cost-Recovery Fee. 

Edited by Viper

15 hours ago, Viper said:

my house was built in 2012 and it has ethernet wired throughout the house. You *may* be able to use coax, but you wouldn't be getting close to gigabit speeds.

You do have to pay a $10 fee to rent their modem/wifi router combo, however you don't have to use their wifi. I have the wifi part turned off and just set up my own routers in a mesh. My $40 price includes the equipment rental fee, regularly it would be $60 for gigabit + equipment. As for other fees, while I haven't had my first bill with gigabit yet, my previous at&t internet bills had an 18cent State Cost-Recovery Fee. 

$40/month for gig internet including equipment rental seems like a smoking hot deal to me

11 minutes ago, tokamak said:

$40/month for gig internet including equipment rental seems like a smoking hot deal to me

don't forget the free hbo max. I was pretty surprised when he said it. I don't know if it was because I had already cancelled directv and he was able to give a special retention deal, or if it was because I still have directv till oct 4th and he was able to add a bundle discount (though my bill doesn't say anything about a bundle discount, it calls it an edsp, everyday simplified pricing plan)

Yeah keep that deal as long as you can. I currently pay Comcast $45/mo for 100 mbps, not including any equipment (I have my own modem).
Even Costco's deal with AT&T is $50/mo for 1 gig and I don't know if that includes equipment or HBO.
I pay Comcast $100 for 100 mbps, no cable TV, no equipment (except the modem). It does include VOIP phone, but that was cheaper than internet only. Is $45 the intro rate?

Maybe just shitty expensive here because there is no competition in my little berg in the beltway...only Comcast coax, and Verizon DSL. No fiber options at all. I love all the hand wringing about fiber being a must-have human right for rural farms, while I sit 5 miles from the Capitol with no fiber due to city hall anti-big corporate bullshit.

1 minute ago, DCLonghorn said:

I pay Comcast $100 for 100 mbps, no cable TV, no equipment (except the modem). It does include VOIP phone, but that was cheaper than internet only. Is $45 the intro rate?

Maybe just shitty expensive here because there is no competition in my little berg in the beltway...only Comcast coax, and Verizon DSL. No fiber options at all. I love all the hand wringing about fiber being a must-have human right for rural farms, while I sit 5 miles from the Capitol with no fiber due to city hall anti-big corporate bullshit.

Not an intro rate, I just re-upped for another year - been a customer for years. I did sign a 1-year contract. Every year when the contract gets close to due, I call them up and ask what they can do for me. If you let it roll over to the "normal" rate, you'll definitely be paying more (not $100 though, that seems really high).

I'm in Houston.

1 hour ago, DCLonghorn said:

in my area, houston, comcast 100 mbps is $35 for 1 year.

I live in BFE North Texas and Centurylink is my land provider. I get 1.5mbps on a good day. I can't stream shit in HD. They have zero plans in investing in fiberoptic. We have copper and be happy we got that!

I'm waiting on Elon's StarLink. It's reportedly got smoking fast bandwidth and latency. It is scheduled to be available in late 2021. Once rural residents get high speed broadband, the game will have changed. Everything happening now is getting the chess pieces in place. AT&T is desperately trying to dump DirecTv.

Edited by RPM

in my area, houston, comcast 100 mbps is $35 for 1 year.
Damn. That's better than the intro rate they offer here! I just pulled the current offers (for new customers)

25 mbps - $50, no intro rate
100 - $78, no intro rate
100 with phone - $60 intro for 1 yr, then $110 (so my plan is 10 bucks more for new customers)
200 - $40 intro, then $100
300 - $60 intro, full price mysteriously missing
600 - $70 intro, full price mysteriously missing

I do get a free Flex streaming box (it's shit) which includes free Peacock Premium. That's usually not a big seller, but they are starting to push a lot of sports I watch onto Peacock Premium, which also sucks as you can't pause or record...maybe i can pause on rewatches...haven't tested.

And of course, the app/web page won't let me see my options to upgrade as an exisiting customer because I have Flex...have to call in to sales. Love it.

Tl;dr - Texas is awesome...competition works.

I live in BFE North Texas and Centurylink is my land provider. I get 1.5mbps on a good day. I can't stream shit in HD. They have zero plans in investing in fiberoptic. We have copper and be happy we got that!
I'm waiting on Elon's StarLink. It's reportedly got smoking fast bandwidth and latency. It is scheduled to be available in late 2021. Once rural residents get high speed broadband, the game will have changed. Everything happening now is getting the chess pieces in place. AT&T is desperately trying to dump DirecTv.
There are at least 4 companies rolling out low earth orbit constellations right now, some less PR savvy than Musk are farther along with their launches...the FCC is moving fast to approve and authorize. This *should* be a game changer for everyone if the latency promises are accurate. More companies planning to join as well. If this really is as good as promised, this is real competition everywhere and real service for just about everyone. *If*

This along with fixed 5G wireless capabilities growing, will hopefully break that last mile problem with fiber and cable.

Here's hoping.

2 minutes ago, DCLonghorn said:

This along with fixed 5G wireless capabilities growing, will hopefully break that last mile problem with fiber and cable.

Here's hoping.

I've literally lived at the end of "the last mile" my whole life. We were the last to get private lines (party lines were still standard), last to get touch tone (that used to cost extra and had to dial special access codes to get long distance, LD was also ANYTHING outside your local 3 digit number not your area code). They were bloodthirsty. Cell phones killed all that.

The only real choice for internet in my hood is Xfinity or ATT non fiber which maxes out at 18Mbps.  I have Xfinity 150Mbps, it's pricey and I hate Comcast, but I don't use any of their equipment and overall I've been happy with it.  Somehow I just found out that they have a streaming app for ROKU that internet only subscribers can use for free.  I was playing around with it last night and it seems to have all of their non premium channels, including the networks.  It even has a couple of channels that I wanted, but couldn't get with my YouTube TV subscription.  Is this something that they are developing and with start charging for?  If I can get this for free then why am I paying for YouTube TV.  The interface isn't great, but it seems to me that I could ditch Youtube TV and spend my money getting something that has LHN. Plus it seems that data used  for streaming their app on their internet doesn't count against their data cap.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

You really have to stay on top of this shit.

Through VZ Wireless I had a Disney+ promo but separately paid for Hulu Live and HBO Max.

After doing some research the new VZW plans give you access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for free (not a promo), plus I can get 50% off other device plans, Apple Music and 500GB of cloud storage. This will not cover my access of live content outside of E+ but the 50% off my iPad plan covers the cost difference and I now get Disney and ESPN for free.

I also have AT&T Fiber for internet and while I'm on a old plan that does not get HBO Max I'm going to call and see if I can get on a newer plan that does so I don't have to pay that 15 a month. Has anyone had success doing this or is it only when you switch?

You really have to stay on top of this shit.
Through VZ Wireless I had a Disney+ promo but separately paid for Hulu Live and HBO Max.
After doing some research the new VZW plans give you access to Disney+, ESPN+ and Hulu for free (not a promo), plus I can get 50% off other device plans, Apple Music and 500GB of cloud storage. This will not cover my access of live content outside of E+ but the 50% off my iPad plan covers the cost difference and I now get Disney and ESPN for free.
I also have AT&T Fiber for internet and while I'm on a old plan that does not get HBO Max I'm going to call and see if I can get on a newer plan that does so I don't have to pay that 15 a month. Has anyone had success doing this or is it only when you switch?

To be fair, you do have to have two lines or more to get both the D+/ESPN+/Hulu combo and the device discount though (that’s what I did, too). And I think the new plans only have an Apple Music 6 month trial, so you’d have to keep another line on the old plan to keep the free Apple Music forever. Still a good deal, however.

Also, ESPN+ does not have access to regular ESPN/ESPN2, so you’ll still have to get that from somewhere.

anyone using rage's uverse subs? i wanted to see how it works and how you're getting it on your tv (chromecast, roku, appletv, etc)

I am and have for years. Works great. I use it on fire sticks and roku. Basically any app that asks you for your tv provider, you choose uverse and plug in the credentials and done. Includes LHN

31 minutes ago, Anton Chigurh said:

To be fair, you do have to have two lines or more to get both the D+/ESPN+/Hulu combo and the device discount though (that’s what I did, too). And I think the new plans only have an Apple Music 6 month trial, so you’d have to keep another line on the old plan to keep the free Apple Music forever. Still a good deal, however.

Also, ESPN+ does not have access to regular ESPN/ESPN2, so you’ll still have to get that from somewhere.

I think you can get it with 1 line as well it's just a bit higher.

Get More Unlimited includes everything (not just a trial period)

spacer.png