Sbbruin

The Far Side

We had a good thread on the old site, and there should be one here.  Not a better comic strip in history.

larson-1.png?w=490

far_side_mountain_goat.jpg

william-tell.jpg

Let's see 'em.

This was always one of my favs- I've threated my kids with the floating head of death:

34e6a5c8cc7a3605553b0e10aa4f526d.jpg

And the caveman genre is full of great ones:

Far+Side+Rock+Paper+Scissors+001.jpg

e2c1e36ad85091039408138199dea460.gif

tumblr_nc7c0sW6FH1rom810o5_1280.gif

1 hour ago, Lerka Lerka said:

aoz12Yw_700b_v3.jpg

I still remember my dad laughing - really laughing - at the comics one day.  He showed me this exact cartoon.  The Far Side had just been picked up in our paper.  It became must-reading from then on.

I worked for a company just out of school that had a wall of Far Side in one hallway. It had probably 5 or 6 years of the daily comic cut out of the paper and taped to the wall. Visitors would come down the hall, take notice and usually stop and read comics for a bit.

And bummer of a birthmark Hal is the GOAT.

One of my favorites.  If you can't read the print (it was the only image of this one I could find) the lady boomerang say something to the effect of "Just like every time, you'll get about 100 yards out before you start heading back".

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSfpauhmSqtyv4g6V3_jn0

all-time favorite and I can never find it online, only in one of the anthologies in hard copy bookstores.  But it's two dogs with a chainsaw trying to get a cat out of a tree.  And it won't start, and the one holding it is all frustrated and angry.  And the other one looks at him with some measure of disappointment and says, "You have to prime it, you know."  

8 minutes ago, Lobo said:

all-time favorite and I can never find it online, only in one of the anthologies in hard copy bookstores.  But it's two dogs with a chainsaw trying to get a cat out of a tree.  And it won't start, and the one holding it is all frustrated and angry.  And the other one looks at him with some measure of disappointment and says, "You have to prime it, you know."  

prime_it.jpg