Dallas Fort Worth Concert Calendar

NOMAAA

Saw Khruangbin last night in Houston - amazing show.

4/24 Parquet Courts Houston

4/28 - David Byrne w/ Perfume Genius in HOU ( if i can get some cheaper tix closer to the show)

5/14 Courtney Barnett at Saengerrunde Hall

6/4 Paul Simon Erwin Center

6/6 Justin Townes earle and Lydia Loveless (both solo) at Heights Theater

I saw that Toots and the Maytals are coming to Strauss Square next week, but (a) it's a weekday and (b) the forecast calls for storms.  

Any of you guys ever seen a show over there?  Is there any cover at all?  It looks pretty open to the rain from the pics I've seen.  May have to make a game-time decision.

• 2 weeks later...

We went out to Richardson's Wildflower Festival on Friday night on a whim. Our friend's husband was running the stage where Spoon played. Spoon killed it -- as always. Such a great band that always puts on a great show. Weird festival, though, as it's in the office park by the Renaissance Hotel (Galatyn Park).

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

We went out to Richardson's Wildflower Festival on Friday night on a whim. Our friend's husband was running the stage where Spoon played. Spoon killed it -- as always. Such a great band that always puts on a great show. Weird festival, though, as it's in the office park by the Renaissance Hotel (Galatyn Park).

The sound was incredible. Fantastic show. All the olds were watching Kool and the Gang. 

4 hours ago, Greg Davis Apologist said:

I was the 10th caller on The Eagle yesterday morning and won second row tickets to BFD 2018 and backstage passes to meet STP.

Pretty cool, huh?

that's awesome, any plans for the tickets you had before? I would like to upgrade from my lawn seats

On 3/26/2018 at 11:10 AM, Chad Fuck said:

Willie/Sturgill/Ryan Bingham etc., etc. playing on 6/30 at the Starplex.  

I know it's going to be hot, but I'm going anyhow - tix were $20 on Groupon.  Can't beat that.

https://blackbirdpresents.com/outlaw-music-festival/

Those same tickets cost $100 at the Anthem in DC.  I am so seeing it in Dallas.  I'll turn it into a family visit and then duck out for a day. 

On 4/27/2018 at 10:54 AM, Chad Fuck said:

I saw that Toots and the Maytals are coming to Strauss Square next week, but (a) it's a weekday and (b) the forecast calls for storms.  

Any of you guys ever seen a show over there?  Is there any cover at all?  It looks pretty open to the rain from the pics I've seen.  May have to make a game-time decision.

Would totally see that show.  They played outdoors at the National Mall about a decade ago... and I missed it.  

Don't sleep on A Place to Bury Strangers at Dada on June 2.  Kind of Jesus and Mary Chainish with the Swans fusion.  Speaking of which, JMC and NIN are playing at the Anthem in DC for the magical price of $100--before fees.  F'k that.  If they play Dallas, hope it's way cheaper. 

37 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Don't sleep on A Place to Bury Strangers at Dada on June 2.  Kind of Jesus and Mary Chainish with the Swans fusion.  Speaking of which, JMC and NIN are playing at the Anthem in DC for the magical price of $100--before fees.  F'k that.  If they play Dallas, hope it's way cheaper. 

They are playing Dallas (well, Irving) at the new Toyota Music Factory spot. Tickets went on sale last week and you had to do it old-school style by waiting in line and buying them. Looked like a beating. And it was hella expensive.