Dallas Fort Worth Concert Calendar

NOMAAA

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Those same tickets cost $100 at the Anthem in DC.  I am so seeing it in Dallas.  I'll turn it into a family visit and then duck out for a day. 

I heard Willie had to pass on a show in the last week or so.  I hope he's up to it.  

1 hour ago, Mdhorn said:

Would totally see that show.  They played outdoors at the National Mall about a decade ago... and I missed it.  

I had him sign a poster at an ACL Festival a few years ago.  I need to get that framed and onto that other thread.

I missed the Strauss Square show.  Rainy and no baby sitter.  Such is life.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone have the slightest idea what time the national show would be over on saturday?  trying to see if riding the train after a day of celebrating a texas victory will be doable.  and as i say that out loud i had forgotten its tx ou weekend and getting an uber to the train station after the show would be a shit show.  so nevermind.  carry on about your business.

Any thoughts on last night's show? We got there at 8 and it was way more crowded than I thought so we had to take a spot on the right of the stage. Crowd seemed tepid for a while. Maybe it's the Sleep Well Beast songs are just so dark but the 2013 show had a lot more energy. Of course, the assholes who want to talk during shows just had to find a spot behind me. Always enjoy when Matt walks through the crowd. Really enjoyed Vanderlyle Crybaby Geeks at the end. A chick was complaining that Matt didn't sign it. I thought it was pretty awesome to have the crowd do it for him. Excited to see them at Red Rocks where I'll be a lot closer to the stage than last night.

On 10/7/2018 at 9:48 PM, NOMAAA said:

It was ok. C+

I wound up dumping my tickets on my BIL's buddy for about half the face value. I was dead-ass tired after the game and the Fair. Plus my parents were in town.

I caught at bit of the performance at ACL and Matt's voice sounds absolutely terrible live in the festival settings I've heard them over the years. I haven't personally seen them since the 'High Violet' tour.

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

does anyone ever play at sons of herman hall anymore?  saw the marc olson/gary louris, okkervil river and some other really good shows there back in the day.

that marc olson / gary louris show was so great.

wye oak tonight. all ages show. will attempt to stay out of jail. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, C-Man said:

I was at a HH and forgot about the presale. By the time I jumped in around midnight, the best I could do was Left Orchestra Row TT on the aisle between that section and the middle.

That's about where I am.  There are three seats still left in middle orchestra but you can't take just two.  

does anyone ever play at sons of herman hall anymore?  saw the marc olson/gary louris, okkervil river and some other really good shows there back in the day.

Local Natives show was fantastic. And one more that same year that I can’t remember.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got an email saying as much. Also, there is a LiveNation presale on 2/7 at 10A. Password is “SINGLE”.

• 3 weeks later...

By the way, I saw Saxon last Sunday because a friend is really into NWOBHM and I figured why the hell not? Those guys did what they do pretty dang well. My ears are still ringing.

But god damn the crowd was old. I’d say average age was 55.

I guess the younger metal crowd just doesn’t turn out for the oldies.