R.I.P., MC Overlord

Deej

I have a coworker who was friends with him and saw her post this morning about it with his real name. Then this afternoon I delivered a package to his apartment and didn't know what to do with it. Finally gave it to the office and let them know so they could give it to whomever came to take care of his stuff. They weren't aware that he had died.

RIP Big Don

• Like 1

I didn't know him but I know a shit ton of people who did, many of whom shared a stage with him.  He was obviously the kingpin in the local rap scene, and made it a point to reach out to live players across any number of genres to join him.  And then he started doing kids' music, because why not?  Seems like yet another massive talent gone too soon.

Damn.  One of the nicest "famous" people I ever met.  He used to do security for some of our parties and would often end up performing and just hanging out.  Truly a gentle giant.  And talented as hell.  Can't link it right now, but last night I read Andy Langer's piece he wrote on him back in the mid-90s just as he was getting a lot of attention.  Really told the story of how special he was.

RIP

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ohchaucer said:

Damn.  One of the nicest "famous" people I ever met.  He used to do security for some of our parties and would often end up performing and just hanging out.  Truly a gentle giant.  And talented as hell.  Can't link it right now, but last night I read Andy Langer's piece he wrote on him back in the mid-90s just as he was getting a lot of attention.  Really told the story of how special he was.

RIP

Here's the link:

https://www.austinchronicle.com/music/1999-09-03/73697/

• Like 1

• 1 year later...