Talk TCU vs TEXAS

LTtxfan

Bulletin Board stuff from Twitter touting only 4 or 5 HORNS could start for TCU

Talked about this with and the other day. We came up with Calvin Anderson, Kris Boyd, Gary Johnson and MAYBE Collin Johnson? Am I missing anyone else?
Quote Tweet
Peter Burns

@PeterBurnsESPN
On our
@ESPNCFB
Podcast today,
@ESPNRittenberg
said he talked to a scout that said MAYBE 5 Texas players could crack the starting lineup at TCU.

They've beaten us the last 4 years. They earned the right to talk shit. Patterson is a master of putting the right players into the right positions so they can succeed in his program. We haven't. We need to kick their asses soon but I'm prepared for a 5th straight loss. 

• Like 4

I guess I have just gotten old. Watching them play ball at a higher level then us doesn’t make me hate them as much as it bothers me that they shouldn’t have our number. There is a reason we have that “We’re Texas” thing.

I also can’t help but wonder if having CDC here could have an impact on the game in some intangible way?

8 hours ago, Katfid54 said:

giphy.gif

Drew Davison
Asked @DesmondHoward about @TCUCoachP
having longevity, he laughs and says: "You guys wouldn’t want him around if he wasn’t winning. He’s not here cause of his handsome smile. I’m just saying. He’s winning a lot. He’s handling his business."
Edited by LTtxfan

38 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

We beat them and all of a sudden mensa has a lot more credibility. 

Beating TCU starts on the lines. You win battles up front and Patterson can't exploit you the way he wants.
Patterson wins those battles and it's going to be a long day whether you're Ron Zook or Bear Bryant.

Our OL and DL are playing better every week, but TCU will be a huge challenge.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Disco Missile said:

Beating TCU starts on the lines. You win battles up front and Patterson can't exploit you the way he wants.
Patterson wins those battles and it's going to be a long day whether you're Ron Zook or Bear Bryant.

Our OL and DL are playing better every week, but TCU will be a huge challenge.

Who would've said our OL actually looks better than our DL at this point before the season started...

8 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Who would've said our OL actually looks better than our DL at this point before the season started...

Right? Pretty happy with our OL last night, and they've looked a lot better.
And we made some adjustments on D last night and shut USC down too.

I'd like to think it's our personnel making most of the difference. 

TEXAS LBs sightings in USC game last night were great to see although not so sure just how good USC rushing offense truly is....

Impressed with TCU defense only allowing 26 points scored by ohio state offense..... just too many turnovers for the toads to hop over to win.

HORNS Coaches know it's time step up their gameplanning and the team's performance for TCU because we all know how the horny toads get up to play the HORNS.  Better prepare in ALL 3 phases of the game because Special Teams could be the difference in Winning TCU game....

HOOK'EM

Edited by LTtxfan

Also Locke is going to continue to give up big plays. Thompson looked lost at times against Tulsa but I like his speed and athleticism more. Wheeler had a good game last night but I'm still concerned about his lateral quickness in our conference. Not sure if Dele would be better in that regard and if the trade off is worth it. Maybe try switching Johnson to mac and put McCulloch at rover since he's got some speed. 

So what do the HORNS have to do to beat TCU??  Horny toads are a team full of fast/quick athletes...

I'll start..... Win turnover battle, pressure tcu QB, and run the ball as well as the horny toads.

Better come out punching.... Gonna Be a Physical Game

Edited by LTtxfan

2 hours ago, BigHorn'13 said:

We beat them and all of a sudden mensa has a lot more credibility. 

we beat roach and we will be 3-9.  every game is a loss until it isn't.   we are still in the wilderness until we are not, and we are no longer in the wilderness when we win 10 games.  thermensa has zero credibility until he proves he can beat the teams we historically wipe the floor with, until he proves he has eradicated and exorcised the demons that have plagued this program since the hit on Colt, and until he proves that he can win on the road in league against teams having top-10 years.  he has no credibility until he proves he can beat shit competition going away (md x2, tulsa, tech last year).  and he has no credibility until he reverses one of the fairpark assrapings to the tune of a seven-score win.  we owe them 4.

• Like 3

I suppose this falls into the moral victory category, but if this team shows up and matches their physicality, looks competent on offense, doesn’t have a bunch of mental breakdowns in the secondary and back-breaking mistakes in special teams and the score is close in the end, there is something to build on even in a loss.

I fear this game isn’t going to be pretty though.

I want to be excited after this win and I was last night, but USC looked like shit. -5 yards rushing, Charlie Strong level special teams play, no fight in them. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they miss a bowl this year. 

The real test will be next weekend. If we beat TCU I will reach levels of koolaid consumption never achieved by mankind. 

The defense showed a lot of promise last night. Beating USC was the first piece you needed to install to beat TCU. This team is lacking in confidence. That changed last night after they came back from being down 11. The defense finally got pressure. They didn't play bad angles or give up stupid penalties. They needed this win to give the confidence that they can win the next one. Yeah, USC might not have been that good but you still beat the piss out of them and finished them off in the 2nd half, something this team has been failing at for over 4 years now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The defense showed a lot of promise last night. Beating USC was the first piece you needed to install to beat TCU. This team is lacking in confidence. That changed last night after they came back from being down 11. The defense finally got pressure. They didn't play bad angles or give up stupid penalties. They needed this win to give the confidence that they can win the next one. Yeah, USC might not have been that good but you still beat the piss out of them and finished them off in the 2nd half, something this team has been failing at for over 4 years now.

At the end of the day, people are sucking off OU and TCU for doing nothing much more impressive. We're obviously the underdog but this shit isn't insurmountable.

We have been torched in the run game by every athletic QB we have faced under Orlando and still give up a lot of big plays. Expect a healthy dose of Robinson running the ball and plenty of downfield shots. Their game plan will not be complicated.

Even if Texas turns in a good defensive performance I'm pretty skeptical the offense can do enough to get past 20 points. Going to have to get a few turnovers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TCU isn't alabama so playing at home with our crowd who after last night is actually making a difference and I expect next Saturday to be something that TCU hasn't seen here before. 

I think we have a better chance than people think but i'm still in a wait and see and prove it to me mode.

The run game and balance on offense they have worries me, I think the tcu defense overplays a shit ton and we can take advantage of that and we will need a special teams impact or defensive td as well.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

At the end of the day, people are sucking off OU and TCU for doing nothing much more impressive. We're obviously the underdog but this shit isn't insurmountable.

True but they’ve been consistently winning so they’ll get the props. We haven’t. TCU is not insurmountable, yes. It’s a lot easier though now because of the confidence a win against USC gives the team. It’s also not a week where people are shitting on the team, HFBC, and coaching staff. All phases of the team got much needed confidence last night. I don’t think we’ll beat TCU but it’s much more in the tossup category now than before USC

18 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

We have been torched in the run game by every athletic QB we have faced under Orlando and still give up a lot of big plays. Expect a healthy dose of Robinson running the ball and plenty of downfield shots. Their game plan will not be complicated.

Even if Texas turns in a good defensive performance I'm pretty skeptical the offense can do enough to get past 20 points. Going to have to get a few turnovers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Thx..... No doubt have to control their athletes including the QB

Just now, Bruh Man said:

Dline and Sam have to play better or we'll get beat by two tds.

Agree.... 1) Anybody know if HORNS rotated any OL players in during USC??Really hoping to see Okafor and Imade adding depth.  2) How does Shack compare to Elijah at Center for folks that really critique our blocking??

3) Also, does it seem like we miss having a bigger blocking TE??

Just now, LTtxfan said:

Agree.... 1) Anybody know if HORNS rotated any OL players in during USC??Really hoping to see Okafor and Imade adding depth.  2) How does Shack compare to Elijah at Center for folks that really critique our blocking??

3) Also, does it seem like we miss having a bigger blocking TE??

I don't think we rotated anybody on the OL. I haven't rewatched the game but I watched Elijah's performance at guard vs Maryland he looked good. I prefer the makeup of the line right now. Shack is not a Texas-level starter.

1 hour ago, Bruh Man said:

What's the word on Roach? I saw him on the sideline in street clothes and crutches.

Not sure, "being evaluated for a foot injury" was in a boot on sidelines.  Best guess is Roach is doubtful for TCU....

Quote on TCU after ohio state game below....

"Speed kills. TCU is known for its speed. Ohio State recognized it.

“They’re a very fast team,” said Jones, Ohio State’s defensive tackle. “Probably the fastest team I ever played since I’ve been in college.

TCU running back Darius Anderson showed his speed. He rushed for a 93-yard touchdown, the longest rush in TCU history and the longest play from scrimmage Ohio State has given up in its storied history.

Reagor and Hights also showcased their speed on the outside with long catches."

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Ohio State folks impressed with horny toads...

Ohio State on BTN
"If TCU's the 15th-ranked team, I want to see some teams that are ranked ahead of them as good as they are." Safe to say that @gerrydinardo thinks  @OhioStateFB's win vs. @TCUFootball  will look good all season.  9:14 AM · Sep 16, 2018
Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

Anderson, Reagor, Hights, and Turpin looked faster than any player I've seen at UT since Goodwin was here. It was crazy how badly Anderson & Reagor smoked every OSU player on the field during the long TD run and non-lateral kick return. I do worry for our anuses. Hopefully it'll rain Saturday and slow them down some. 

On 9/14/2018 at 9:33 AM, Katfid54 said:

giphy.gif

Here's a tip for Herman.... Ok for a Coach to admit a mistake and take players off the hook for a bad play..... Patterson did

TCU coach Gary Patterson says Shawn Robinson's shovel pass turned pick six is "really probably [coaching staff's] fault."

TCU should have beaten Bucknutz. They made mistakes they normally don’t make, and had more then their share of questionable calls go against them. They played really tight, and I’m going to attribute that to all the national attention and bright lights that were focused on them. As a team it surprised them and they simply choked.

Dont expect that when they show up at Texas. They have history with us, and will not get caught twice with the deer in the headlights look. Texas wins this game and all of us are really going to struggle to try to understand what the fuck really happened against Maryland.