Talk TCU vs TEXAS

LTtxfan

19 minutes ago, Hamttx said:

TCU should have beaten Bucknutz. They made mistakes they normally don’t make, and had more then their share of questionable calls go against them. They played really tight, and I’m going to attribute that to all the national attention and bright lights that were focused on them. As a team it surprised them and they simply choked.

Dont expect that when they show up at Texas. They have history with us, and will not get caught twice with the deer in the headlights look. Texas wins this game and all of us are really going to struggle to try to understand what the fuck really happened against Maryland.

So... ""The reason TCU played so tight, in my opinion, is actually a good reason, because of how close this team has become, how badly they wanted to perform for each other, for their coaches," 

(Full Disclosure.... I changed a word or two, but quote should sound familiar.... lol) 🤣🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

So... ""The reason TCU played so tight, in my opinion, is actually a good reason, because of how close this team has become, how badly they wanted to perform for each other, for their coaches," 

(Full Disclosure.... I changed a word or two, but quote should sound familiar.... lol) 🤣🤣🤣

It sounds as lame now as when I first heard it.

2 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

They are going to kick the shit out of us. Like they have 4 years running now. Anyone expecting anything else will be sorely disappointed when it’s 28-3 at half.

Kind of where I'm at. It is just really hard to see how Texas gets much of anything done on offense... And manged to hold TCU to less than that. No line but ESPN FPI has Texas favored with a win probability of 60%. I have to think Vegas will like TCU, if for no other reason than to get some of that overreaction money on Texas.

Ohio State never really imposed their will on TCU throughout the game. TCU matched their physicality and intensity. Robinson looked like a deer out there, he also threw some darts. I just don’t see how we can pull this one out. If we do, the Big12 becomes interesting and Texas will roll. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Jack Wilson said:

It sounds as lame now as when I first heard it.

Agreed.... Just adding some humor 🤣 

Herman needs to Lose:  1) Winning is Hard, 2) Momentum is an Illusion, 3) Badly want to perform for each other, 4) Literary comments like "Of Mice and Men", and 5) Using the words "really" or " really really" so much.

CDC should require Herman to go through training to improve his Q & A sessions at Press Conferences.... he says way too much when answering Q's and often rambles with bullshit explanations while he tries to be funny.

Watch a few Saban and Patterson press conferences Tom to see how great coaches handle them.....

HOOK'EM

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Ohio State never really imposed their will on TCU throughout the game. TCU matched their physicality and intensity. Robinson looked like a deer out there, he also threw some darts. I just don’t see how we can pull this one out. If we do, the Big12 becomes interesting and Texas will roll. 

TCU and Bama are the best coached teams in the land. Patterson is hanging with monster tOSU with 3* players or less, the eternal question, wth could he do with 4 or 5 stars all over? He'd be Saban II . 

TCU and Bama are the best coached teams in the land. Patterson is hanging with monster tOSU with 3* players or less, the eternal question, wth could he do with 4 or 5 stars all over? He'd be Saban II . 
Froggy no longer makes do with bottom shelf players, they're in for a lot of the same guys we are, and they've landed a decent portion the past few years. No, their classes aren't ranked as highly as ours or blowU, but their Mountain West days are long past..

16 minutes ago, NowThis said:

TCU recruiting has picked up a bit, if I remember correctly they have pulled in national top 25 classes over the past three years and are doing okay in 2019. I agree that Patterson is an elite coach, but the thing is, when you consider attrition and transition classes that are in the mix here at Texas, the talent level is pretty similar.

Put another way, when it comes to us beating TCU, we have to outcoach them because we can't just out-athlete them the way we still can with some other teams in this conference. Herman ain't outcoaching Patterson.

4 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

At the end of the day, people are sucking off OU and TCU for doing nothing much more impressive. We're obviously the underdog but this shit isn't insurmountable.

For the past 9 years, we have been imminently surmountable, and we will remain so until we prove otherwise.   No more future tense.   No moar futures.

1 hour ago, NowThis said:

No, none of the 5* and 4* caliber players would put up with his asshole schtick. 

Patterson is a complete and utter cocksucker and he inspires his players under fear. 

Fuck that noise. 

17 minutes ago, Tailleur17 said:

You should be more annoyed they they’ve been far and away the best football program in Texas for nearly a decade now. 

Congrats to them on their zero (or 0.5) Big XII championships in that time period.

They got beat by two scores against a team breaking in a new QB just like them.  Oregon State put up more points on Ohio State than them.

Maybe TCU beats Texas because our coaching staff is flawed, but I don't need to suck their dick the week leading up to it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, CastHorn said:

A great crowd is needed as well.

20 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Who actually thinks that Texas has even a small chance of establishing the run game against TCU?

We have significantly better personnel at the positions that matter in order to run  I think we will be able to get some yards.  However you can bet they will have a plan for LJH since he is our main weapon in the air and Patterson always tries to take away your best thing.  Other dudes have to man up.  Actually I am more worried about their speed on offense.  They have a slot guy, RB, QB, and WR who can out-speed the guys assigned to them.  Reagor and Turpin can fly.

One thing under Herman is that we rarely if ever get blown out.  Every loss last year was winnable, which is a huge step forward compared to Charlie's teams that would be down 3 TDs in the first quarter.  I remember turning off the game after seeing our team quit against TCU in the 2nd quarter 2 years ago.   I think this will be a closer game that people think. 

Our defense will have to play the best game of this season two win this one.  TCU has elite speed at multiple positions.  Gary Johnson will need at the top of his game.  I expect Locke to be abused.  He's just not very quick and looks stiff.  I think Boyd will play great but he will have 1 play that will hurt us big time.  I expect a huge game from Sterns and Jones.  I'm also worried that they will bait Hager over and over with how aggressive he plays.  You can also bet yourself they will run that jet sweep with Turpin or Raegor over and over and over again.

Our offense has been off schedule plays by Ehlinger.  I think they stack the box and spy him to take away our strength.  They will gladly take their chances and dare Ehlinger to throw under pressure.  It's so important we establish a run game or I think we will struggle to score more than 10 points.  

If we can run the ball and limit turnovers, we win 23-17 type of game.  Realistically though, we'll probably see a 20-10 game with TCU coming on top.  I'm excited to see how we look against a legit top 10 team.

34 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Any injuries for TCU?

I don't know, but i do know they were in a war for 4 quarters against OSU. They have to be beaten up. And it's hard to get up to play those kind of games two weeks in a row. They'll be ready, and we need to give them our best shot from the opening kickoff on Saturday. We need to punch them in the mouth right off the bat, just like OU always does to us.

Edited by Tex Pete

Here's some food for thought, comparing how Stanford and Texas each played USC:

Stanford allowed USC a total of 114 rushing yards.  Texas held USC to -5 total yards.

Stanford rushed for 159 total yards against USC (136 from Bryce Love).  Texas rushed for 160 total yards.

Maybe Stanford doesn't end up holding onto its top 10 ranking by the end of the year, but when you compared how the two teams played USC in the trenches, we played as good as or better than Stanford.  And I know TCU's offense is much different than USC's, but those stats and our overall game on Saturday give me some measure of optimism that we can find a way to beat TCU.

Miserable Surly Horns, come at me bro. 

• Like 1

I want to curb stomp the cockroaches as much as all of you but...

1.) We have played 2 quarters of decent-to-good football out of 12 total quarters.

2.) We are entirely predictable on 1st down.

3.) We rely too much on slow developing passes / throw it up and pray deep routes on the sideline

4.) Sam the man still makes questionable reads and throws.... that look a lot like last year. I don't see much progression really.

5.) We get an insane amount of penalties and a shit-ton of false starts / delay of game. How many times have we started a drive 1st and 15 this year after a kick off? I think its like 4. Nuts.

6.) We struggle at getting to the qb

I think all this can be fixed. I really do. We're still a developing team. Herman is not Saban and this isn't Saban's year 2. This is a marathon to get UT back to where it needs to be.