Texas 5 - 1   15 - 10 .600
Baylor 3 - 3   12 - 9 .571
Kansas 2 - 4   15 - 8 .652
Texas Tech 1 - 2   21 - 5 .808
Oklahoma State 1 - 2   11 - 10 - 1 .523
Kansas State 0 - 3   12 - 12 .500
West Virginia 0 - 3   9 - 12 .429

56 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Really need to take all 3 vs KSU this weekend.  Really give ourselves a good start and a chance once the schedule gets harder.

Should take all three, especially if the bats stay hot.  Road record is not good, but the only away games have been against LSU and Arky; so somewhat distorted. 

Guest Falko
20 hours ago, Scooter said:

What's the problem with Oklahoma State this year?

Pitching has been an issue. They have given up 10 or more runs way too much for a team that usually fields a pretty good pitching staff. 

19 hours ago, Guest Falko said:

Pitching has been an issue. They have given up 10 or more runs way too much for a team that usually fields a pretty good pitching staff. 

I haven't been following the team this year, but during the game last night it sounded like we've had significant injuries to our pitching rotation.

4 hours ago, Horny Bull said:

Tuesday (3/27):

Pittsburgh @ West Virginia POSTPONED

Missouri State @ Kansas (MST 12-2)

Oklahoma State @ Oklahoma (OSU 7-1)

Omaha @ Kansas State (KSU 3-0)

Dallas Baptist @ TCU POSTPONED

Texas @ Texas State (UT 6-1)

Texas Tech @ New Mexico State: Postponed ("Short week" not weather...) 

Edited by Techsan

41 minutes ago, X-Wing @Aliciousness said:

Yea, whoa. The draw ups / plans look real state of the art. Looks like a fun road trip for 2021

It's about 15-20 years overdue.  Allie P. Reynolds was considered one of the best (if not the best) college baseball stadium when it first opened. 

It's looking like this new stadium is going to be pretty sweet.  We'll see at the announcement today, but my little birdies are telling me it's going to have roughly 3,200 permanent seats plus suites.  The concourse will run all the way around like ONEOK Field in Tulsa and it will have tiered outfield berm seating that, in addition to standing room "party decks" on the concourse, would boost capacity to upwards of 6,000 for big games/regionals/super regionals. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

It's about 15-20 years overdue.  Allie P. Reynolds was considered one of the best (if not the best) college baseball stadium when it first opened. 

It's looking like this new stadium is going to be pretty sweet.  We'll see at the announcement today, but my little birdies are telling me it's going to have roughly 3,200 permanent seats plus suites.  The concourse will run all the way around like ONEOK Field in Tulsa and it will have tiered outfield berm seating that, in addition to standing room "party decks" on the concourse, would boost capacity to upwards of 6,000 for big games/regionals/super regionals. 

Congrats on the new stadium !   

Should keep Josh (one of the best imo) around.    Rumors were he was offered the Texas job.   I know he would have received Augie's endorsement. 

Should also put OU in a panic mode to upgrade Dale Mitchell.

That statement confuses me greatly.

Instead of having a grass berm, black bleachers or other dark/uniform surface at center field so the batter can easily see the ball being pitched to him...there’s a glass wall for fans to be able to watch the game from center field straight behind the pitcher at ground level. That glass could reflect sunlight/clouds/other bright objects, making it hard for the batter to see the ball...so the overhang gives shadow over the glass, keeping it dark.

I’m assuming hitting the overhang is a HR. I dunno.

Yeah I'm having a hard time understanding the center field glass/overhang thing.  Here's a video that has a lot of "fly through" shots of the renderings... the center field overhang things looks more or less obtrusive, depending on the rendering.  

One of the things that Josh Holliday said in the presser yesterday was that the dimensions of the park have been specifically designed so that the park plays like TD Ameritrade in Omaha... I suppose that means it will be a pretty big park and certainly won't be the launching pad that Allie P. is.  Also maybe that means it would take like a 470-foot bomb to hit that overhang in center.

Overall I couldn't be more excited. This thing will be among the best 5-10 college baseball facilities in the country. Can't wait to see it in two years.

• Like 2

On 3/29/2018 at 11:12 AM, oSuJeff97 said:

Hopefully no more Bedlam games off-campus with those capacity numbers.

If Holliday isn't the guy, OkSt is going to be one of the better jobs in the country when this opens.

3 hours ago, Techsan said:

Hopefully no more Bedlam games off-campus with those capacity numbers.

Well, selfishly, I hope they do keep playing at least the games in Tulsa.  We regularly pack 9,000+ for the Bedlam baseball games and it's a great atmosphere.

3 hours ago, Techsan said:

If Holliday isn't the guy, OkSt is going to be one of the better jobs in the country when this opens.

Considering he already got us to the CWS with complete shit facilities, I think he's already proven his worth. :)

Pokes take the series against TCU...a few clutch RBIs with two outs blew it open and ended 12-7. Hoping we can show some life here, I don’t expect to sneak into a regional with a miracle conf tourney run again but it would be nice to erase some stink from our non-con embarrassment.

Hoping for the sweep but doubt we will have bats again like today and our pitchers are all banged up.

Standings

School Big 12   Overall Pct.
Oklahoma 6 - 0   20 - 10 .667
Texas 6 - 3   17 - 12 .586
Oklahoma State 4 - 2   15 - 10 - 1 .596
Texas Tech 3 - 3   23 - 6 .793
TCU 3 - 3   14 - 10 .583
Baylor 3 - 6   13 - 12 .520
Kansas 2 - 4   17 - 10 .630
Kansas State 2 - 4   15 - 13 .536
West Virginia 1 - 5   10 - 14 .417
As of March 31, 09:24 PM CT

Edited by Austin Orange
  • Fuck You 1

Pokes take the series against TCU...a few clutch RBIs with two outs blew it open and ended 12-7. Hoping we can show some life here, I don’t expect to sneak into a regional with a miracle conf tourney run again but it would be nice to erase some stink from our non-con embarrassment.

Hoping for the sweep but doubt we will have bats again like today and our pitchers are all banged up.

Well shit, tuned in down 0-6 and slowly chipped away...not sure where we got an offense all of a sudden but I hope it keeps up. Glad the first and third game were on tv, both were awfully exciting college baseball games.

Don’t think we’ve ever swept TCU. Hope this season picks up some momentum off going 4-0 this week against TCU and the goon squad.
  • Like 1