Oklahoma @ Oral Roberts (OU 5-2)

TCU @ Dallas Baptist (DBU 3-2)

Lamar @ Baylor (BU 2-1)

Texas @ Texas A&M CC (UT 9-3)

New Mexico State @ Texas Tech (TTU 2-1)

Wednesday (4/4):

Oklahoma State @ Wichita State

Kansas State @ Creighton

Damnit...Pokes lose 7-5 with a 2 run HR over the left field fence in the last few innings. We gave that one away via bad pitches and walks...hate that but the boys still battled back each time.

Glad to see the bats waking up with timely hitting, but we went to Omaha in 2015 via good defense and sharp pitching. With so many throwers hurt, just hoping we can get a 2-3 seed in the tourney.

Tech walked off NMSU in wonderful Midland Tuesday night.  I was in town, so I went.  Or at least I went to the first seven innings.  I think the wind chill was 14 degrees so I lasted as long as I could.  I missed the solo shot that gave them the 2-1 win. Very nice Tech crowd in the PetroPlex

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DeadArmadillo said:

Tech walked off NMSU in wonderful Midland Tuesday night.  I was in town, so I went.  Or at least I went to the first seven innings.  I think the wind chill was 14 degrees so I lasted as long as I could.  I missed the solo shot that gave them the 2-1 win. Very nice Tech crowd in the PetroPlex

Large Red Raider contingent down there. Hopefully Tech will be playing an annual game at the new Amarillo Double-A ballpark too.

Friday-Sunday (4/6-4/8):

Texas Tech @ Kansas

Oklahoma @ TCU

Baylor @ Texas

Oklahoma State @ Kansas State

UNLV @ West Virginia

EDIT: As stated above, Oklahoma State @ Kansas State will be Saturday-Monday. 

Edited by Horny Bull

Tech went in dry on KU for the second time in two days.  15-6 and 10-0.  But they're still just 5 and 3 in conference.  They went 3-3 against Baylorape and WVU, failing to score a run in Game 1 of each series.  Sooner took all six against the same two teams and has a very early but very strong grip on the race. 

OU may actually win the Big 12 after pretty much being very below average non conference

In the Pokes game there were three straight innings that ended with KSU leaving the bases loaded. Think they left like 19 stranded runners and were only a good knock away from making it interesting. Weird game.

Of course it ended B9 with loaded bases.

Injured pitching is such a bitch.

Pokes win 6-1, blowing open a close one on a 3 run bomb T9. However I loved seeing Pokes hit a groundout with bases loaded, KState got the out at home but the throw to first was late, and our runner from 2B never even slowed down making it all the way to score. Caught them napping.

Game 3 at 1pm tomorrow, we’ve been lucky to win the past two...they continued to strand runners. Think there’s been only 2 runner-less innings in 18 of gameplay so far.

Unless some remarkable turnaround happens, or a conf tournament victory, I think Texas's sweep probably ended Baylor's postseason hopes officially today.  Having already played Texas, ou and tech, they're basically out of big rpi boosters.

Tcu is in immense trouble, which has been enjoyable to watch.  Hopefully they don't figure it out when they travel to the disch in May.

Tech so far still has the right to be considered the class of the Big 12, imo, but their struggles to sweep teams has been eye-opening to say the least. They've lost 4 of their 7 games by giving up 10 or more runs to the other team, highlighting some of their pitching troubles.  Gingery being out for the season has hurt them

Texas's upcoming series @ou and @tech will tell us a lot about Texas's realistic chances of hosting this postseason (assuming they hold serve and make it to the postseason at-large, which they should do)

Edited by X-Wing @Aliciousness

Tech, OU, and UT seem to be headed for a regional

KU can hit, and finally showed it on Sunday.  And their started pitched really well. Fortunately for Tech, OU finally lost a game and that kept them within three.  UT is looking really solid.  Could very easily win the conference.  They seem to be improving as the season goes, and that's what good teams do.  I would say the same for the Sooners, except there in no rationalizing that OU does not suck.  

School Big 12   Overall Pct.
Oklahoma 8 - 1   23 - 11 .676
Texas 9 - 3   22 - 12 .647
Oklahoma State 6 - 2   17 - 11 - 1 .603
Texas Tech 5 - 4   26 - 7 .788
TCU 4 - 5   15 - 13 .536
Kansas 3 - 6   18 - 13 .581
Baylor 3 - 9   14 - 16 .467
Kansas State 2 - 6   15 - 16 .484
West Virginia 1 - 5   13 - 15 .464

Now that we've gotten healthy we're starting to play like I expected us to.  Just wish we had a few more decent non-conference wins.  Gonna be important for us to win our remaining mid-week games... losing that Wichita State game last week kind of stung.

8 hours ago, sidis said:

god fucking damnit, kstate hasn't won a game in conference outside of taking two of us.  shit like that is so frustrating.

That's how conference play goes on the road sometimes. See Baylor winning 2/3 from Tech. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Now that we've gotten healthy we're starting to play like I expected us to.  Just wish we had a few more decent non-conference wins.  Gonna be important for us to win our remaining mid-week games... losing that Wichita State game last week kind of stung.

Our pitching is still broken, especially as I doubt we see Elliott all year. Our Omaha run two years ago came down to the proven formula of a good rotation and defense, as Texas has proven a zillion times.

However it’s been nice to watch some offense on the ESPN app, seeing things like Boone launch a grand slam to retake the lead today or Littel play out of his mind for a week going 8/11 with doubles / triples all over the place a week ago. Feel like the entire team is playing a lot smarter at the plate...felt like the biggest difference between us and KSU this series came down to timely knocks with men on, little else as they stranded tons of runners.

Not that we can always talk but the Poke fans in Manhattan were louder than the other 15 KSU fans there...before he sailed that ball over the right wall to turn the game around today, heard a loud ‘Booooonnneee’ from the stands while the locals were silent.

Or maybe it was Boo-urns. Either way it’s been nice to shake the noncon stink off with a decent start to conference play, wherever it takes us.

Monday (4/9):

Oklahoma State 13

Kansas State 8

Tuesday (4/10):

Penn State vs West Virginia

Texas @ Texas A&M

Oklahoma State @ Wichita State

UT Arlington @ TCU

Nebraska @ Kansas State

Baylor @ Sam Houston State

Little Rock @ Oklahoma

Texas Tech @ Dallas Baptist

Kansas @ Omaha

Tuesday (4/10):

Penn State vs West Virginia (WVU 3-2)

Texas @ Texas A&M (A&M 6-5)

Oklahoma State @ Wichita State (WSU 10-7)

UT Arlington @ TCU (TCU 6-5)

Nebraska @ Kansas State (NU 11-9)

Baylor @ Sam Houston State (BU 4-2)

Little Rock @ Oklahoma (OU 13-0)

Texas Tech @ Dallas Baptist (DBU 6-5)

Kansas @ Omaha (KU 9-5)

Wednesday (4/11):

Pittsburgh @ West Virginia

Oral Roberts @ Oklahoma

Kansas @ Creighton

Info for those that may be interested.    Received this email today.

Mark your calendar and start planning your trip to Omaha for the 2018 NCAA® Men's College World Series®. A limited number of reserved tickets will be made available to the public this Saturday, April 14 at 10 a.m. CT. Demand is expected to be high, and some games may sell out quickly, especially Games 1-4 and Finals Games 1 and 2. Fans are encouraged to purchase online at NCAA.com/CWSTickets as soon as the sale starts.

• Fans may purchase up to six tickets per game and an unlimited number of games.
  • Only games that are guaranteed to be played will be sold through the advance sale. The If Necessary games will not be sold until it is determined they are needed.
  • Prices for single game reserved seat tickets are $32-43 (plus taxes and fees) and tiered according to location and game.
  • A valid credit or debit card will be required to purchase tickets through the advance sale.
  • All tickets will be delivered electronically via Flash Seats. No paper or print-at-home tickets will be issued.
  • Tickets for fans requiring Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessible seating will be available during the advance sale either online or by phone at 866-208-0048.

17 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

For the conference tourney do they sale single game tickets or is it session stuff like basketball? 

Both.    Big12Sports.com should have on sale in the near future.

Normally,  not a problem to just buy on gameday at the park and pretty much sit where desired.   Exception is  OU/OK St game and semifinal/championship games.   Singles stlll available but less likely a desired location.

Edited by torre
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Zepol87 said:

Thanks, pretty sure I am gonna make the drive from Dallas to OKC for this. Only gone to regionals never the conference tournament.

I go every year.  I always just walk up and purchase tickets at the window right before the game, unless playing OU or OSU.  I think I usually pay about $15/ticket.