Best Burgers in Houston

mbtex

1 hour ago, SMUlawUTgrad said:

Hub cap. We have a place in clear lake called tookies that the family likes quite a bit. It’s alright. 

Ha, shit my man, Tookies is pretty famous in Houston in its own right. 

Also, to the ooster asking about Langford, it hasnt been a tip too burger in years. 

R.I.P. Totem indeed

7 hours ago, Jimbaround said:

I have only been to Stanton’s once and although the burger was good the bun was a bit off.  Must have just gotten a bad one.

Has anyone been to Langford Grocery lately?

It's been a while since I've been to Lankford.  I need to fix that.  

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ha, shit my man, Tookies is pretty famous in Houston in its own right. 

Also, to the ooster asking about Langford, it hasnt been a tip too burger in years. 

R.I.P. Totem indeed

They closed their old building and opened across the bridge in a bigger building. We haven’t been yet, but it’s always busy. 

My problem with Bubba's is no french fries.  When I'm getting my fat on, that's kind of a deal killer.  Good burger otherwise though.

I would also like to submit, Sams Burgers, Pies & Fries on Dairy Ashford.  Haven't been in a while, but it's solid.

12 minutes ago, heinhorn said:

My problem with Bubba's is no french fries.  When I'm getting my fat on, that's kind of a deal killer.  Good burger otherwise though.

I would also like to submit, Sams Burgers, Pies & Fries on Dairy Ashford.  Haven't been in a while, but it's solid.

I hear that, but the jap potato salad more than makes up for that, at least for me. Also I will agree with you on Sam's. A very good burger and a great price if I remember.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, heinhorn said:

37 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Sam’s Burgers on Dairy Ashford is solid. 

Just down the road from me and is a very good place.  The pie is a plus for me.

14 hours ago, Eddyline said:

Really feel like slumming it? I humbly suggest Wild Kitchen on Stella Link. Each cheeseburger includes a complimentary cardiologist visit, provided that you don't get rolled in the parking lot.

o.jpg

What's the brown schmear between the patties?

14 minutes ago, DoobieWah said:

Yeah, the one they're talking about and Sam's Deli Diner at I-10 and Kirkwood.

No, I am thinking of the one on dairy ashford. A few blocks from my office. The one on Kirkwood is pretty good, but I prefer the pie place. 

Edited by Patricio Swayze

The deli diner used to be on the north side of I10? their burgers arent bad pre formed which is kind of ding IMO and the jalapeno bacon chicken is pretty good too.

Tookies isnt worth the drive if you are coming from Houston, its good but there are similar if not better options closer in.

Miller's cafe deserves a mention and the old timer w cheese from chilis is hard to beat....

9 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

No, I am thinking of the one on dairy ashford. A fêmea blocks from my office. The one on Mirkwood is pretty good, but I prefer the pie place. 

Yeah, that's the one "they're talking about".

As for the one in Mirkwood, Legolas does make a pretty good burger.

I have unrealistic fond memories of a place called Hamburgers by Gourmet, which was located on the south side of Westheimer just inside the 610 Loop. 

On the west side of the loop nearby was a place called Luke's that I don't recall being half bad.

So for someone who ends up in the Galleria area from time to time when I'm in town, is Cliff's on Fountainview still any good.  Loved that place when I was a kid.

34 minutes ago, dcbc said:

I have unrealistic fond memories of a place called Hamburgers by Gourmet, which was located on the south side of Westheimer just inside the 610 Loop. 

On the west side of the loop nearby was a place called Luke's that I don't recall being half bad.

So for someone who ends up in the Galleria area from time to time when I'm in town, is Cliff's on Fountainview still any good.  Loved that place when I was a kid.

Is that the same Cliff’s that used to be on 1960?  That place was pretty solid if memory serves. 

• Like 1

Cliff's on Fountainview is NOT the same. I know it got sold a few years ago and went downhill pretty quick. I haven't been in a couple of years but the last few times I went, Primo the old cook was gone and I'm sure that's most of it. Southwell's on the other side of San Felipe is decent. There's another across Gaylord from Memorial High.

Hamburgers by Gourmet was great. I used to go to the one on Westheimer just west of Kirkwood. Their buns were always really fresh.

Beck's Prime makes a good burger.

Also Pappy's on I-10.

Blake's BBQ on Jeanetta makes a great burger.

OU sux. It is written.