Texas vs USC Game Thread

Vertigo

Interesting implications for today's game. You lose and the season is likely a wreck- I don't see how Herman recovers. You win and you have a chance to make this an inflection point for the rest of the season, win a reasonable number of games, and revive the recruiting class.

• Like 1

It is said all the time and mostly hyperbolic, but I believe this is truly the biggest game for the Texas program in the last 10 years. With the recruits that will be there, and everything else going on in the conference and the state, this game could determine the fate of the Horns for the next 5 to 10 years. 

Sad, every game with a decent opponent has been considered a big game under herman, and each time hes shit the bed on natl tv. Come on herman, PLEASE, dont fuck this up! It could def be a kickstart to a corner turning momentum (just illusion} shift.
Pray to 7 lb 6 oz little baby jesus that Herman can finally pull it together and get this thing going.
Winning is hard when you coach like a dumb ass and trip over your own dick ea step of the way.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

deep down I know this team should win this game, because we have the players,  but leadership matters and the leadership of this team sucks massive dick, leaving me with little confidence of us resembling a football team today 

Leadership of.... a) Players  b) Coaches  c) a & b??

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, Sgt Hulk said:

both, the "team captains" appear to resemble the soft clueless persona of thier staff, while the young guys i feel and hope to god are saying gtfo out and graduate so they can take over  

I'm with yah on lack of player leadership from Captains & most Upperclassmen.  Texas does have some young players that have played well like Sterns, BJ, Cosmi.

Can't believe Bullshit we've seen on the field thus far this Season.

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

both, the "team captains" appear to resemble the soft clueless persona of thier staff, while the young guys i feel and hope to god are saying gtfo out and graduate so they can take over  

You should want for this upperclassman heavy team to step up and show some leadership. If they don’t we’re for a really long season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

50% chance of rain and scattered thunderstorms throughout the game. Fingers crossed for no lightning delays, I don't think pizza delivery can get close enough to the stadium

Herman got Gumby’s pizza on standby. Feed the whole team for $35 

40 minutes ago, HuskiesHorns said:

even if Beck has to go get the pizza, he already compiled a list of plays that will be called in consecutive order regardless of score, field position, defensive alignment or any other in-game situation.

I think those thoughts need to be preempted by Corch.  He needs to come up with the winning Pizza Play!  I say Miltos.

I could go for some Miltos Stromboli right about now!  With all the meat!

And we can use the Greek influence to get out players to FUCK THE TROJANS UP THEIR ASSES!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

This is a big game for my overall feeling of the program. I’ve been on the fence for a while. We don’t have to win, but we can’t look like pressed dog shit either. 

We lost the option of not winning this game when we fell to Maryland again.

This is a huge, huge game for recruiting purposes. Another 1-2 start, with TCU, blOU, and K-State @ Manhattan looming, would set us back big time.