Mad Men

HouTex

• 5 months later...

oh shit... just started first watch of Dexter, now i'm torn lol

life be like

200.gif

i started drinking gin gimlets bc of S1 Betty... ...and they are delicious. ALC and Chez Zee make excellent ones.

she ordered one, then got fucked by a stranger anonymously in the bathroom. i'm not saying i condone,  but girl

giphy (15).gif

Edited by mchookem
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dutch said:

They left the out the best one, an utter  evisceration. 

I used this on a competitor at a conference…

”Hey Bogeywon I was thinking of you guys the other day…”

”that’s funny because I don’t think of you at all…” *walks away

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Grimy little pimp is so great.

My favorite line in the whole series is, "That's what the money is for" when Don addresses Peggy's feelings/ drama.

6 hours ago, slorch said:

My favorite line in the whole series is, "That's what the money is for" when Don addresses Peggy's feelings/ drama.

The "I'm sorry about your boyfriend, OK!?" at the end of that scene...lulz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 11/20/2021 at 5:31 PM, Deej said:

I cant count the number of rewatches I've done of this series. Top 3 all time for me. 

Have been doing a full re-watch, and I am in season two episode five. The transition from Pete Campbell at the fertility clinic right into Roger Sterling with the paddle ball made me laugh harder than anything I can remember on regular TV in a very very long time.

The show is just so incredible, even on the re-watches there are some subtle things that were missed  the first time through.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, slorch said:

Have been doing a full re-watch, and I am in season two episode five. The transition from Pete Campbell at the fertility clinic right into Roger Sterling with the paddle ball made me laugh harder than anything I can remember on regular TV in a very very long time.

The show is just so incredible, even on the re-watches there are some subtle things that were missed  the first time through.

I had the same experience.  My first and even second time through I found plenty of new stuff that was entertaining as hell.   Definite sign of an outstanding job all around on a series.

I rewatched this during covid. Just so good. Def my favorite TV series.

• 5 months later...

Sterling Cooper: Sterling, Cooper, Draper, Price

ShaggyBevo: Surly Horns

The takeover yielded an empty shop.  Never made the connection on the similarities until just now finishing up with S3 rewatch.

Edited by slorch

• 2 months later...

Holy shit, I do not know how I missed this during the original run, but on the past couple of re-watches, the reference to the Massacre of Glencoe brings literal tears and inability to breathe, I'm laughing so hard.

Campbell's sincerity and exasperation when he insists, "The King ORDERED IT!!!" may be one of the funniest moments I've seen on tv.  Just fucking genius writing.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Another really fascinating aspect of that series is just how incredibly different a place the world is in the last season, versus 1960 at the start of season 1.

I don't think there are very many decades in our nation's history during which the country changed that much.  Obviously, more recent decades and the way tech has so altered our lives certainly fits the bill, but prior to that I think the 60's were incredibly transformative.

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

AMC+ is one of the best subscription services out there. In addition to ad free AMC content, you get Shudder, Sundance and IFC content. I probably use it more than any other service.

Same here.  Great service.

22 minutes ago, Augustus said:

One of the coolest things to happen with that show was Heinz actually running with one of Mad Men's ad campaigns.

remember in the early seasons when amc would run old commercials and shit during mad men (or at least old looking commercials that companies made)?  it made it tricky to fast forward dvr'd episodes.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

remember in the early seasons when amc would run old commercials and shit during mad men (or at least old looking commercials that companies made)?  it made it tricky to fast forward dvr'd episodes.

Yes it did.

• 1 month later...