Pink Floyd

Shoxthemonkey

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watching some stuff from the Pulse tour, I've gotta say that Tim Renwick did a masterful job blending his style into the Pink Floyd sound.  I mean his work here is as good as it gets IMO.  At the 5:05 mark where the solo is handed from Gilmour to Renwick nothing is lost at all.  This is the very definition of a "tight" band...

Edited by Cajun

On 12/3/2019 at 2:14 PM, UTCzech III said:

Oh, and there's this.  That look at 1:35, shit...

I have restarted this clip over on the 1:35 mark so many times that I'm pretty sure that I could be prosecuted for something.

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Someone downloaded the entire DSOT remastered concert on YouTube.  It lasted about 24 hours before PF hit 'em with airstrikes.

Looks like the only way to get it now is buy the entire box set.

Furk.

Glad I got to see it before it was nuked.  Unbelievable.  Dogs of War had the hair on my neck standing on end.  Superb.

I can't go back and read this whole thread, but was anyone else in SA in the spring of 95 or so and saw Pink Floyd in the Alamodome?  It was a hell of a show, especially when one of the giant pigs fell down from the upper reaches of the stage.  I may or may not have been very fucked up during that show.

18 hours ago, Hate said:

I can't go back and read this whole thread, but was anyone else in SA in the spring of 95 or so and saw Pink Floyd in the Alamodome?  It was a hell of a show, especially when one of the giant pigs fell down from the upper reaches of the stage.  I may or may not have been very fucked up during that show.

I saw them play at the Alamodome in late Winter/early Spring of 1994.  We waited all morning at the record store at West Avenue/281 (I think, or could have been the HEB on Blanco that had a ticket counter inside, I can't remember but one of those two).  Anyway, got floor seats on the north end of the Alamo, but all the way back and there was no "rise" to the seats obviously but thankfully, we were all 6'+ and the San Antonio folks in front of us for 30 yards were 5'3"     The Division Bell had just come out, IIRC.  It was a great show musically, but I didn't do any drugs so everybody else in my group had a different "experience."  One and only time I saw Pink Floyd though, and it was a great show (though admittedly well past their prime).  But so glad I did it.  Hadn't thought about that show or that crew of folks in a long time.  I don't know what know what magic spell I hit but the 9 months I spent in San Antonio back then, I saw Jethro Tull, CSN&Y, and Pink Floyd all in just a few months.  Until I found out about this place up the road, called Austin. 

too late to edit.  Couldn't help but look it up, 3 April 1994.  It was a Sunday.  I can't help but think I didn't go to school the next day.  Setlists are listed three different ways, can't figure out which is which but all look awesome.  

That was it and we had terrible seats.  The audio from our seats sucked as there was a slight echo because the Alamodome sucked for concerts.  There were a bunch of us that had taken some shrooms and they really seemed to peak when the pig came falling down.  I'm glad I got to see them as they've always been one of my favorites. I just wish that i had seen them someplace better than the Alamodome. 

2 hours ago, Cajun said:

Do you hate mountain lions and have a Wolf Brand Chili hat?

I like mountain lions and I like to eat Wolf Brand chili on hot dogs.  Is that close enough, cuz?

I was at the Atlanta show at Bobby Dodd Stadium. High as a kite, it was epic.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Hmm. I don’t think I like the remix of Comfortably Numb off DSOT better. The guitar solo is different, and that solo is ingrained in my soul at this point I’ve listened to it so many times.

No, me either.  I also don't like the the non-Gilmour verses by committee approach. 

Run Like Hell, on the other hand, there is no better version than this.

Not even close.

Dogs of War is right there too.

Edited by Cajun

You know these things are pretty silly (reaction videos), but watching this woman's face and her eyes as Gilmour does what he does really says it all about the man and how what he does on that guitar penetrates you and intertwines with your emotional soul.

I'm betting everyone on this thread has had this moment...

It's just so beautiful watching that connection being made.

Edited by Cajun
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...