Caden Sterns

BigOrange1

Really good interview...

Caden handled "The Eyes of Texas" question well and respectfully.  He was ok with players that wanted to sing it, and ok with those that did not want to sing it.  Said media really blew things out of proportion...

He's been in Arizona training, and sounds a lot better than he has in awhile.  Brandon Jones and Collin Johnson are gonna provide him info to help with the draft.

Great to hear him happier !!! 🤘

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Helobious said:

He’ll be in the NFL a good 3-4 seasons at least. I say that solely due to Holton Hill & DeShon Elliot. Recently there seems to be an inverse relationship between how well liked a Texas DB is by the fan base and their NFL success.

Elliot was a Thorpe award finalist. He didn’t suck here neither did Hill he was just a pothead.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helobious said:

He’ll be in the NFL a good 3-4 seasons at least. I say that solely due to Holton Hill & DeShon Elliot. Recently there seems to be an inverse relationship between how well liked a Texas DB is by the fan base and their NFL success.

Those two were infinitely better, instinctive and athletic DBs.

35 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Holton Hill is a strange example to use for any measure of success. He flamed out at Texas because he couldn't stay clean, and has dealt with the same issues in the NFL.

I think if you spend the better part of 3 years in the NFL you’re a success in the world of football. Not even sure how that’s a controversial statement.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Is it just me or does anyone else not give a fuck what happened under previous coaches? I’m excited for all returners under competent management, Sterns especially, I think.

Evidently you don’t give a fuck about paying attention to what’s really going on with the team, period.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jinx said:

Hey Caden, Admiral McRaven would like a word with you. Make your damn bed bro, especially if it is gonna be on TV.

That's pretty appropriate advice and exactly what I was talking about previously. He needs to switch to a business, purposeful mentality. When he does, it will show in his preparations, angles, and tackling.

I am hopeful for him. He is a Longhorn.

Edited by pacman

9 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:

Apparently I can’t read. I somehow thought he was talking about Holton Hill. Yeah, the whole 2018 DB class hurts. Just a total lack of development across the board. 

19 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Apparently I can’t read. I somehow thought he was talking about Holton Hill. Yeah, the whole 2018 DB class hurts. Just a total lack of development across the board. 

The article at the top by Connor Livesay called him a former four star recruit. He gets paid for the shit he posts lol. 

• 4 weeks later...

For some, Caden said the intent was not to get rid of "The Eyes of Texas".  Caden said he understands it means a lot to many TEXAS Fans.

For those uncomfortable, they don't want to sing the song.

Good video here...

Just because a person doesn't want to sing EOT doesn't mean they don't love The University of TEXAS.

Personally, I want to keep the song because it's such a celebration for many fans and players at games and UT events.🤘  

Edited by LTtxfan
typo
  • Hook 'Em 2

That's odd that he says 'nobody was like I said try to get rid of [the song] but innovate it to where everybody can make one another feel special...'  since the bullet point on the petition is 'replacement of The Eyes of Texas with a new song'.

• Hook 'Em 2

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Those numbers are pretty surprising to me. Even his freshman year when he was actually making plays his speed and explosiveness never really popped off the screen. I was prepared for him to run like a 4.65 today. 

His combine grades as a recruit were pretty goddamn legit, that shuttle was elite. He's an exceptional athlete - the question for NFL teams is can you get him back to playing football and out of his own head. 

I think this was from The Opening? Can't remember which event :: 

Caden Sterns — 6-0.5 - 192 - 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle - 37.4 vertical - 36' powerball

Edited by golfclap

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

Been established that Opening numbers are inflated. 

So you are saying that he isn't and wasn't an exceptional athlete because the Opening numbers were inflated? That's your intimation? Be better than this goddamn nonsense. 

Opening numbers for comparative analysis - of note, even if the numbers are "inflated" the same results apply across the board, do they not? Sterns is an exceptional athlete. 

D'Shawn Jamison  -- 5'10" 175 - 4.48 40 -  3.9 shuttle - 36.7″ vertical -  35′ powerball  
Caden Sterns — 6-0.5 - 192 - 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle - 37.4 vertical - 36’ powerball
BJ Foster - 6’1” - 193 - 4.52 40 - 4.27 shuttle - 33.7 vertical - 33’ powerball 
Jalen Green — 6-0 - 171- 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle — 32.7 vertical - 33.5’ powerball
Anthony Cook - 6’0” - 174 - 4.69 40 - 4.12 shuttle  36.7 vertical - 34.5’powerball 
Brennan Eagles - 6-3.5 - 214 - 4.51 - 3.99 shuttle - 37 vertical - 39.0’ powerball
Bobby Wolfe -- 6-0.5 176 - 4.71 40 -  4.41 shuttle - 34.2"  vertical - 31.0' powerball
Erick Young -- 6'0 208 - scratched - 4.27 shuttle - 32" vertical - 35' powerball
Brian Williams -- 6'0.5" 211 - scratched - 4.47 shuttle - 31" vertical - 39.5 powerball
Demani Richardson -- 6'1" 209 - 4.59 40 - 4.14 shuttle - 34.7" vertical - 41.5 powerball

1 minute ago, golfclap said:

So you are saying that he isn't and wasn't an exceptional athlete because the Opening numbers were inflated? That's your intimation? Be better than this goddamn nonsense. 

Opening numbers for comparative analysis - of note, even if the numbers are "inflated" the same results apply across the board, do they not? Sterns is an exceptional athlete. 

D'Shawn Jamison  -- 5'10" 175 - 4.48 40 -  3.9 shuttle - 36.7″ vertical -  35′ powerball  
Caden Sterns — 6-0.5 - 192 - 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle - 37.4 vertical - 36’ powerball
BJ Foster - 6’1” - 193 - 4.52 40 - 4.27 shuttle - 33.7 vertical - 33’ powerball 
Jalen Green — 6-0 - 171- 4.69 40 - 4.01 shuttle — 32.7 vertical - 33.5’ powerball
Anthony Cook - 6’0” - 174 - 4.69 40 - 4.12 shuttle  36.7 vertical - 34.5’powerball 
Brennan Eagles - 6-3.5 - 214 - 4.51 - 3.99 shuttle - 37 vertical - 39.0’ powerball
Bobby Wolfe -- 6-0.5 176 - 4.71 40 -  4.41 shuttle - 34.2"  vertical - 31.0' powerball
Erick Young -- 6'0 208 - scratched - 4.27 shuttle - 32" vertical - 35' powerball
Brian Williams -- 6'0.5" 211 - scratched - 4.47 shuttle - 31" vertical - 39.5 powerball
Demani Richardson -- 6'1" 209 - 4.59 40 - 4.14 shuttle - 34.7" vertical - 41.5 powerball

I believe you but can you post the link from where you are pulling those #s from? I can't seem to find it. 

A 4.4 (even on a fast track) and the rest of those testing numbers will be plenty to get him drafted in the 4th/5th. If he can stay on the field and get his head right he may even stick around. 

I think those numbers were from the Opening regional events in 2018... I just copied them from my post with all of them on the recruiting board from Oct 2018. Some of the player profiles on ESPN still have the numbers, some do not. For example Demani Richardson's page shows results from a previous event that he didn't test nearly as well.  My guess is that it comes down to who was updating the back end at ESPN at the time. I have no idea if the Opening still has those regional results online, they may be on a waybackmachine version, no idea. 

Sterns ::

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/220289/caden-sterns

Richardson ::

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/combine/_/id/230645/demani-richardson

Eagles ::

brennantest.jpg

19 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Appreciate the passion and hope the 4.40 is legit. It really doesn't surprise you at all? Do you think he was slowed by injuries or were we fans too oblivious to notice his elite speed? 

I'd think he's more like a 4.55 on a decent day.

Humphrey drew the biggest crowd of scouts once position drills were done after running a 4.75 40-yard dash at the NFL Combine. On Wednesday, Burnt Orange Nation timed him at 4.61 on both runs, but that’s an extremely unofficial result and hand times varied widely — another had him at 4.55. After testing was completed Humphrey said he thought his times were in the 4.6s.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, B00M said:

Appreciate the passion and hope the 4.40 is legit. It really doesn't surprise you at all? Do you think he was slowed by injuries or were we fans too oblivious to notice his elite speed? 

I'm not that surprised because I had seen his combine totals and saw what his athleticism looked like as a FR. Athleticism wasn't his issue. His fucking head is the issue and right now I can't imagine spending a pick on him because his athleticism is elite and still he looks like he does in coverage and in space. He was playing out of position and/or in poor scheme super often under Orlando, sure. so you can forgive a little but A LOT of our other guys on defense looked demonstrably faster in the game vs Utah (called by Naviar) and/or in Ash's scheme the following season. Caden didn't. I think he's got to figure out if football is what he wants to do, because he certainly didn't prepare or play like it the past 2 seasons. Naivar and Ash are both good coaches at the S spot. He's got elite athleticism. Yancey McKnight is much maligned here but he did a really good job (as Pro Day shows). With all that Sterns still looks like he does on the field. He didn't progress as a player despite these things. Often the coaches get all of the blame re:development but it feels very much like the blame here is entirely with Sterns.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Hook 'Em 4