Caden Sterns

BigOrange1

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

I thought Malcolm Brown, the running back, was the first from Steele but he was undrafted. 

Malcolm Brown (born May 15, 1993) is an American football running back for the Miami Dolphins of the National Football League (NFL). He played college football at Texas. He was signed by the St. Louis Rams as an undrafted free agent in 2015.

All these athletes this year are so lucky they were hand timed. Poor 2022 draft class will be back at the combine. It seems times this year were on average faster overall at all positions. I'm not going to do that research but I would imagine times once back at the combine in that environment will be overall slower next year.

I can’t believe schools don’t have a bad ass laser timer like is used at the combine. Just to keep the hand timed nonsense away. I know it looks better to say Caden ran a hand timed 4.38 instead whatever he actually runs but dang.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:45 PM, Jkwellborn said:

I can’t believe schools don’t have a bad ass laser timer like is used at the combine. Just to keep the hand timed nonsense away. I know it looks better to say Caden ran a hand timed 4.38 instead whatever he actually runs but dang.

They do. We host the Texas Relays and UIL Championships. Unfortunately they are accurate.

Edited by Nolacycling

On 5/3/2021 at 12:45 PM, Jkwellborn said:

I doubt schools want to use it on their athletes if other schools are using stopwatches. you want your players drafted as high as possible. if you can hand-time your guy at 4.38 there’s no reason to laser him at 4.68 and drop him down three rounds. 

Edited by futureman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

They do. We host the Texas Relays and UIL Championships. Unfortunately they are accurate.

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

I doubt schools want to use it on their athletes if other schools are using stopwatches. you want your players drafted as high as possible. if you can hand-time your guy at 4.38 there’s no reason to laser him at 4.68 and drop him down three rounds. 

Yup, I highly doubt our guys used laser time like the combine. If I’m not mistaken even at a regular pro day our guys generally ran faster because of it than they did at the combine. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...