Caden Sterns

BigOrange1

15 hours ago, bluto said:

Lmfao at m thompson in that list, and Aaron ross is from Tyler

Thompson was a 5th round draft pick and played in the NFL for a few seasons. And Aaron Ross grew up in SA and went to Fox Tech for his first 2 years. I know for a fact he was doing yearly football campus for inner city kids in SA while he was a pro.

Edited by Helobious

I can't believe how polished this kid it.  Athletics - through the roof.  Ball skills - through the roof.  Intelligence/ nose for the ball - through the roof.  Physicality- through the roof.   

On his runback of the interception, he ran towards Reagor, and just froze him with a juke and run right past him.  I'm not sure the WR even got a hand on him.  Amazing.  

Imagine wanting to play football (or attend school for that matter) at atm. 
At least somewhere like Tech or TxSt you can probably dick around half the time, fuck a different hot blonde that's dumb as a box of rocks every week (what else is she going to do? go to class?) and get piss drunk whenever you want for dirt cheap. 
Sterns is getting a better education in a better city with hotter girls and doing it while actually balling out on the field. 
Also this O'Neal kid just doesn't shut the fuck up
359777178978cb02dfec8787cb251363.jpg

He's ass, my dude.

4 hours ago, NowThis said:

they were picking on Boyd all game, so he should shade over there.  It's going to be interesting to see the Sterns - Kyler Murray cat & mouse game in Dallas. 

They were throwing on him because Jalen Raegor is good as hell. The difference in skill between him and Barber is pretty huge. Davis kept Turpin nice and quiet, though.

One of the LHN guys (either Shipley or Griffin, so guys who know what they are talking about) said that Caden needs to get better at open-field tackling. I rewatched parts of the game and saw a couple of times he really wiffed on what should have been sure thing tackles - so they are right. Which is good - still stuff for him to improve on - so we are seeing his floor, not his ceiling. 

14 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

The move was awesome, but I loved seeing Gary Johnson hit the big RB in the mouth, and then moving on to block someone else. Sterns had a convoy heading down the sideline, he just ran out of real estate.

This is exactly what I noticed after gawking at the gif for 2 minutes admiring the Sterns move. I believe Devante Davis did the same thing during the blocked FG return against USC. Fellas, these guys are getting coached up!

Edited by PsychMike
  • Like 1

Just now, PsychMike said:

This is exactly what I noticed after gawking at the gif for 2 minutes admiring the Sterns move. I believe Devante Davis did the same thing during the blocked FG return against USC. Fellas, these guys are getting coached up!

Johnson and Davante are also two of the baddest dudes on the team. Very in-character.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Sterns’ success will also show the other guys the upside of hard work and film work. We should start seeing other young players flash.

Literally was just thinking this weekend about how we've changed from playing in games where the young guys/practice team guys seemed nervous and unsure what to do to kids coming in the game pumped up and ready to make a play. 

Those recruiting rankings tend to be pretty damn accurate. It's amazing how much better a team is when your 4 and 5 star players nut up and play confident ball, especially now that we've gotten S/C back on track. 

22 hours ago, Machinator said:

Fucking 'ay he's 18 and literally might be one of the best 5 safeties in the nation. Has an underclassman ever won the Thorpe award? I mean what if this kid puts up like 10 picks and 70 tackles on the season?

Does anyone have a good doc that can take a look at this erection that won't go away?

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Literally was just thinking this weekend about how we've changed from playing in games where the young guys/practice team guys seemed nervous and unsure what to do to kids coming in the game pumped up and ready to make a play. 

Those recruiting rankings tend to be pretty damn accurate. It's amazing how much better a team is when your 4 and 5 star players nut up and play confident ball, especially now that we've gotten S/C back on track

"Those recruiting rankings tend to be pretty damn accurate. It's amazing how much better a team is when your 4 and 5 star players nut up and play confident ball, especially now that we've gotten S/C back on track."

Why do you think Bama is so good?  Year in, year out, if you have great 4-5* recruits, and you coach them up, you too can win a national championship.  We need more of each, to improve out depth, so we can compete with all these guys.