Dicker The Kicker

Shaggy3.0

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

I wonder how much mileage he's gotten out of that in the sack

Him & Ehlinger & a shit ton of other players keep their same gfs from high school thru college. I guess no one told them you don’t have to bring a girlfriend to college, there’s already some there. 

28 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Him & Ehlinger & a shit ton of other players keep their same gfs from high school thru college. I guess no one told them you don’t have to bring a girlfriend to college, there’s already some there. 

THIS! Although it looks like Ehlinger has a new gf. He figured it out. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

So this guy is getting free pass it seems from all the vitriol. Why?

He was inconsistent all of last year also, he gets a pass from many because he has hit some very clutch kicks.  I don’t get the crazy praise for a guy that hit 70% last year either.  

Edited by Hook1997

37 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

I've seen plenty of posts saying he seems like he sucks.  Low on the list of worries.  The dropped snap falls under shit happens.  Happened to our pro bowl NFL guy.

I'm actually more forgiving of the punt fuck up because he's sort of out of position there and he's actually a good punter when he gets it away. Buj had so many absolutely atrocious punts last year. 

The FG kicking shit has gotten awful. I don't know what the solution is other than to wait for the next kid to get to campus. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

I'm actually more forgiving of the punt fuck up because he's sort of out of position there and he's actually a good punter when he gets it away. Buj had so many absolutely atrocious punts last year. 

The FG kicking shit has gotten awful. I don't know what the solution is other than to wait for the next kid to get to campus. 

image.jpeg.61b8636587babda215f23f52520fbe76.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

Dicker is inconsistent as fuck. I would be willing to sacrifice 5 fewer net average yards on punts if we can improve his field goal make percentage. He needs to spend all his fucking time kicking field goals, not splitting time practicing punting.

I'd rather him stick to punting and kickoffs. It's not like he was great last year when he wasn't punting. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just looked up his stats to make sure the numbers verified what I thought I'd seen in the games.  

In 2020 and 2021, Dicker has averaged just shy of 46 yards per punt, which is stellar.  And he's hit 16 of 24 field goals for 67%, which is not great, Bob.

He's a punter, and he can be an NFL punter.  But he's not a very good place kicker.  Yeah, he can occasionally hit from 57, but he misses about half of everything over 40 yards, and he's not exactly automatic at 30-39 yards.

Best thing for everyone is to let Dicker punt full-time and let Carrot Top start kicking the field goals.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Just looked up his stats to make sure the numbers verified what I thought I'd seen in the games.  

In 2020 and 2021, Dicker has averaged just shy of 46 yards per punt, which is stellar.  And he's hit 16 of 24 field goals for 67%, which is not great, Bob, and it's damn sure not stellar.

He's a punter, and he can be an NFL punter.  But he's not a very good place kicker.  Best thing for everyone is to let him punt full-time and let Carrot Top start kicking the field goals.

He’s averaging almost 49 this year