Dicker The Kicker

Shaggy3.0

Dicker is either the best bad FG kicker or the worst good one. Plenty of leg. Feel like he can make any kick. Feel like he’s a threat to miss from anywhere. 
his punting has been great. Good distance and hang time. His ball catching skills... let’s just say I was wondering if he was point shaving for a minute there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He has a huge leg - booms punts, kickoffs are always touchbacks, deep range on FGs (that 52 yarder had a solid 10 yards of extra distance on it). He's just not accurate.

I wonder if he's being asked to do much since Buj got hurt. Maybe they need to pick punting or kicking for him, not both (kickoffs don't require much practice so he can still do that). Either get Auburn kicking FGs or get Buj/Pearson punting.

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, hornian said:

Uh, no. No BJ from Dicker for me. But you do you. 

First, I believe your powers of inference are headed in the wrong direction there.

Second, if in fact I could do me, I probably would, but it seems that my length/flexibility ratio has deteriorated to the point that it simply is not possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's behind Dawson (59), Stockton (58) and Ward (58) on FGs made

He's behind Mangum on extra points (the 208 stat they cite for extra points is attempts not kicks made. Dicker is 205/208.  Mangum leads 208/211

He's behind Dickson in season punting average, 47.43 (2017) and 47.37 (2016).  Dicker also has the 5th and 6th longest punts (78 and 77)

He's tied with Dawson for 5th in field goal accuracy.  

Overall a pretty good career at a school that has a lot of good kickers.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

By going 3-of-3 on field goal attempts in UT’s season-ending 22-17 win over Kansas State, Dicker finished his career at Texas with the most field goals made (60), surpassing Phil Dawson’s record of 59 set from 1994-97. Dicker and Dawson are tied for most career field goals attempted (79) at Texas.

With 386 points scored, Dicker leaves UT with the most points scored by a kicker and is No. 3 all-time in points scored behind Ricky Williams (452, 1995-98) and Cedric Benson (404, 2001-04).

Dicker scored 88 points in 2021 by connecting on 13 of 15 field goal attempts (86.7 percent) and 49 of 50 extra points. He would’ve needed 67 points next season to become UT’s all-time leading scorer. Considering Dicker averaged 96.5 points per season in four years at UT, reaching that record would’ve been likely.

I was so tuned out by the end of the year, I missed that he passed Dawson. Pretty solid career. One last "fuck OU" for old time's sake

• Hook 'Em 1

I kinda figured he might be going as a punter after this year instead of kicker?  This was his only year above 80% in field goal percentage and he only kicked 15 field goals this year, but he averaged 46.8 yards punting this year.  

Edited by Hook1997

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

I kinda figured he might be going as a punter after this year instead of kicker?  This was his only year above 80% in field goal percentage and he only kicked 15 field goals this year, but he averaged 46.8 yards punting this year.  

Maybe his positional versatility will help him get and keep a job. I wouldn’t think so as I doubt any team would want to roll the dice on having one guy do both, but maybe it can help if a team has a guy on the shelf or that they are concerned about. 
hardest on field job to nail down in the nfl as there just aren’t a lot of spots and the good ones do it forever. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Maybe his positional versatility will help him get and keep a job. I wouldn’t think so as I doubt any team would want to roll the dice on having one guy do both, but maybe it can help if a team has a guy on the shelf or that they are concerned about. 
hardest on field job to nail down in the nfl as there just aren’t a lot of spots and the good ones do it forever. 

Was it Carolina that had open tryouts on the field 15 minutes before a game this year because their kicker pulled a hammy in warmups?  There’s some value in knowing you have a punter that can step in and bang home extra points.  I think he’ll make it as a punter.