All Encompassing Vape Thread

RPM

I know I can't be the only one here that vapes. I was a 2 pack a day Marlboro smoker for over 30 years. Started vaping and I haven't touched a cigarette since. I'm not a box mod cloud guy, I have an average affordable setup. SMOK Mag 225w that I run about 80w. Tend to stick with dessert flavors that aren't too sweet. Peanut butter chocolate and banana nut bread are in heavy rotation. Been buying juice from The Vape Mall. Price is competitive and they have been reliable.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I used to smoke about a half a pack or so a day, while I was deployed it was sometimes up to two packs a day. In July of 2017 I started vaping and it helped me quit cigarettes completely. I dig pineapple based flavors. I also dont have or plan on getting the mods like some people get. I have a SMOK qbox, a SMOK V8 baby stick and the SMOK vape pen 22. I use a .4Ω coil for the qbox and either .15Ω or .25Ω for the other two.

If the FDA goes through with their stupid idea of banning flavored vape juice or "confectionery juice" I'm gonna lose my fucking brain on them. I get the notion of wanting to keep kids away from smoking and drugs and all that. However, fuck them very much for the manner in which they are trying to go about this, but thanks for thinking of us. Vaping does more to get people away from cigarettes than anything else and I highly suspect big tobacco is behind this ban. It wreaks of their nasty stench now that something is actually cutting into their profits.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/19/2019 at 5:08 AM, RPM said:

I have a hard time believing we don't have more vapers here. Just about every 40+ guy I know that used to smoke has switched to vape. Been buying my juice from TheVapeMall.

I’d like to switch, but not sure where to start. 

Looked at a couple smoke vapes, coils and such. V8 or 9, maybe? I dunno. Was around $50 for

the start kit. Not sure on how strong of juice, either. Figure to start I would go about 15 min every couple of hours. Standard “smoke break”’ and hopefully squash it down to 4 or 5 pulls now and then. Less strength and more pulls? Guessing lesser strength juices cost less, but use more?

9 - 12mg is plenty strong enough on nicotine. Best advice I can give on buying a new vape is don't overthink it. Just get what's affordable and comfortable to carry. Trust me, after a while you will buy a different one when you figure out what you like. Top fill is most preferable.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RPM said:

9 - 12mg is plenty strong enough on nicotine. Best advice I can give on buying a new vape is don't overthink it. Just get what's affordable and comfortable to carry. Trust me, after a while you will buy a different one when you figure out what you like. Top fill is most preferable.

Thanks!

I’m going to try and get over to one of the shops here and have a look around this week and see what’s what.

Having quit the sticks yourself, do you find the vape works as well after a meal, with coffee in the morning, etc? 

Backed down to a 3 from 6, and that helped. Picked up a bottle of the Betty by Pinup, and it’s fantastic.

Sunday was a typical smoking day. Bout a pack and a half. 

Yesterday I had 5 sticks, and 4 of those were before 10am.  Had number 5 late last night, maybe 10:30 or 11, just to see if I got a rush. Nope, vape was doing it’s job. 

Had 2 sticks earlier this morning, but only because the vape was charging. I have 2 backup batteries, and the charger will be here later this afternoon. Tomorrow should be stick free. 

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Hang in there. It was very easy for me to switch.

So far, so good. Straight vape since Tuesday morning, and it's filling the void just fine.

Still trying to find a balance between the 3 and 6 juice. 6 is a bit too harsh, but I chief the 3 a bit too much.

Edited by thunderlounge

I may have found a balance yesterday that I wasn't quite as puffy with. Used about 2/3 of a 3mg and 1/3 of a 6mg. Wasn't harsh, but wasn't excessively puffing it either.

While I'm sure some of it is adjustment, it being the go to now, and it also being more readily accessible, I'll keep a check on it and see how it works over the next week or so. On Wednesday I hit it for a little over 600 puffs. That's about equivalent to 2 packs, which is high for me. getting it to <450 would be about on par. Yesterday I was about the 425 mark, which is with the 1/3 of the 6mg added to the 2/3 of the 3mg. Today I'm running a 50/50 ratio, and so far it seems to be alright.

Still tapping that "Betty" from Pinup Vapors. Probably going to get their variety pack to give a few others a shot. It's a tick more than the in-house from one of the vape shops here ($22 vs $15) but I really like it better. So if that's what it takes to kick the sticks, so be it. $25/wk beats $60/wk any day.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:12 AM, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

If the FDA goes through with their stupid idea of banning flavored vape juice or "confectionery juice" I'm gonna lose my fucking brain on them. I get the notion of wanting to keep kids away from smoking and drugs and all that. However, fuck them very much for the manner in which they are trying to go about this, but thanks for thinking of us. Vaping does more to get people away from cigarettes than anything else and I highly suspect big tobacco is behind this ban. It wreaks of their nasty stench now that something is actually cutting into their profits.

If they do end up doing such a thing, you know whats going to happen, right? They're going to start selling flavor packs on the side that you just add to your bottle of juice instead. It wouldn't be ideal, but they can't stop someone from adding something to their juice on their own terms. What probably happens then is you get 2 options for juice. Option 1 being a bottle with room for a flavor packet, and option 2 being a bottle without room. Or something like that anyway.

It is pretty stupid though. So what if being flavored is appealing to kids? It's not being marketed to them, and unless a retailer breaks the law, it's not being sold to them. (Obviously they are getting their hands on it, but laws are like locks, they keep honest people honest.) What other things that shouldn't be in the hands of children is also appealing to them? Let's see... Oh yeah, alcohol. I don't see them running to ban flavored booze, do you?

On 5/20/2019 at 1:48 AM, Matuka said:

Started vaping CBD juice bout 6 weeks ago, Hawaiian POG flavored.  I enjoy it.

How are you finding it as compared to just oil? I picked up a vape pen of CBD the other day, just to give it a shot. The oil wasn't really doing much, but then again, it gets filtered through the liver where a vape won't. I'm hoping it can take the edge off the arthritis during the day so I don't need "other things." Of course that may become a moot point by the end of the year, when medical kicks in and the dispensaries open.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderlounge said:

How are you finding it as compared to just oil? I picked up a vape pen of CBD the other day, just to give it a shot. The oil wasn't really doing much, but then again, it gets filtered through the liver where a vape won't. I'm hoping it can take the edge off the arthritis during the day so I don't need "other things." Of course that may become a moot point by the end of the year, when medical kicks in and the dispensaries open.

I may be off on my terminology, but when I made my initial post, I was commenting on using CBD in an PG/VG oil base.  The bottle has 600 mg of CBD in it.  It was a smooth draw.  A couple  of months later, I bought a bottle that has 750 mg of CBD but the base is much less viscous than the previous bottle.  Also had to turn down the setting on the battery quite a bit and it’s a little harsher draw.

As far as effect,  I’m not consuming the recommended daily dosage, so I’m not the best person to ask.  I usually only take a couple of hits in the evening.  I do think it helps me sleep a little bit better, and I do think it has some non- narcotic pain relief when I use it more than my average daily use.  

27 minutes ago, Matuka said:

I may be off on my terminology, but when I made my initial post, I was commenting on using CBD in an PG/VG oil base.  The bottle has 600 mg of CBD in it.  It was a smooth draw.  A couple  of months later, I bought a bottle that has 750 mg of CBD but the base is much less viscous than the previous bottle.  Also had to turn down the setting on the battery quite a bit and it’s a little harsher draw. 

As far as effect,  I’m not consuming the recommended daily dosage, so I’m not the best person to ask.  I usually only take a couple of hits in the evening.  I do think it helps me sleep a little bit better, and I do think it has some non- narcotic pain relief when I use it more than my average daily use.  

Interesting. I wonder if it's more of a system build-up kind of thing, where you have to get it built up in your system maybe. The oil didn't do much for me, and I've only had the vape (it's kind of like a Blu, for reference) pen of it in use yesterday (hit a few times in the morning and evening) and then this morning. It might have taken the edge off, but if so only slightly. Like maybe 10%. The other stuff I have works much more effectively, but if I hit that during the day I'd never get anything done. Or at least I say it works, but if it really isn't I'm not sure at that point that I care. LOL

Guess I'll keep it up and when I've burned through this pen will see if it's helping or not.

• 1 month later...

E: ^^wtf^^

Quit smoking with a Juul something like 6 or 8 months ago now.  Once I really got to the point where I trusted myself, I switched to a Caliburn thing that you can refill with whatever you want and all that.  Apparently this is a weird thing:  I vape the "tobacco" flavored stuff, although I'm still looking for something that tastes like the Juul Virginia Tobacco one.  

Edited by MadBurgerMaker

How long before they ban flavored alcohol? I hear that's popular with the kids, as well as popsicles...

7c8665389f46d5bb664420c694d0c11d.jpg

I'll try and stock up as much as I can, but if it goes past 90 days I'm probably fucked. What I would hope is that companies make a " base" juice, and then somehow skirt the issue with flavor packs or something like that. If all that shit fails, then fuck it:

l6zwplhxvvn21.jpg

Edited by thunderlounge
  • Like 1

There are a number of places that sell DIY vape materials.  It's pretty easy to make your own.

There was a tobacco flavor that I liked, 555, that the vendor quit selling.  I found the exact flavor they were using and made my own.  If it tasted like tobacco, it was a pipe or a really good cigar.  Nutty caramel-y.  

• Like 1

This national trend came home to Bowie, Texas, this week as local police executed a search warrant at a local store seizing some $2,600 worth of counterfeit Juul products sent from China.

Lt. Randy Hanson said the first contact on this case came Monday with a phone call from Joel Voyles, Investigative Service Company of Fort Worth. He explained to Hanson U.S. Customs’ officials had intercepted a package from China with an address going to Bowie Tobacco Mart, 1516 State Highway 59 North.

Customs’ officials contacted Juul and the company in turn hired the North Texas investigator.

“On Sept. 4 the investigator did an undercover buy at Bowie Tobacco and purchased a counterfeit product. Another similar buy was conducted Wednesday afterwhich we came in with a search warrant that day for the business,” said Hanson.

Police seized a total of 142 counterfeit pods, including 11 chargers, one device and one starter kit for e-cigarettes.

Estimated value of these counterfeit items based on the manufactured suggested price was $2,687.60.

Along with the Juul products police seized 16 packages of CDB oil without the appropriate labeling. Cannabidiol oil has become the hot new product in states that have legalized medical marijuana.

The non-intoxicating marijuana extract is credited with helping a host of medical problems, but experts say there is little evidence for these claims. Cannabidiol is extracted from the flowers and buds of marijuana or hemp plants. It does not produce intoxication; marijuana’s high is caused by the chemical tetrahydrocannabinol.

Hanson explained this violation for purchasing counterfeit products is called trademark counterfeiting and is classified similar to a theft complaint based on the dollar amount.

This case would fall into a state jail felony.

What's weird and interesting to me is that a lot of the hardware, at least, is made in China to begin with.  And either OEM products or very good facsimiles/counterfeits can be found on sites like Fasttech.

Unlike a lot of Chinese-made goods, they seem to be pretty decent at making this stuff without western intervention.  I believe a chinaman invented vaping.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Juul stuff seized above was actually grey market.  That is, not fake counterfeit, just not authorized by Juul to be imported.