Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

6 minutes ago, Celery Man said:

Beto proposed debates a million years ago, Cruz didn't respond, finally came back with a proposal to five debates on Friday nights in the cities of his choosing on the topics of his choosing in the style of his choosing, Beto's camp counterproposed 7 debates with 2 in Spanish and one in El Paso and have them not be fall Friday nights, Cruz camp refuses to return phone calls and publicly states that the terms are not negotiable.  Beto's camp doesn't agree with that.  Cruz camp just asking questions about why Beto doesn't want to debate.

Ha. That's so....fittingly shameful.

Sad, because it would be some really must-see-TV if these two squared off. I'd watch for sure, and I know many others who are curious would as well. Maybe the Cruz camp is (rightfully) scared to death about Beto's charisma and personality being juxtaposed with Ted's and beamed across the state.

2 hours ago, Stros said:

Any news yet on when Beto will be ready for a debate?

You sound as fucking stupid as Cruz. Beto has said he’s ready as soon as Cruz agrees to reasonable terms.  Cruz wants it only on his topics, at the location of his choosing, at the time of his choosing. 

Only one candidate is running this campaign scared. Scared enough to be calling in the guy who shit all over him and his family to fire up the base. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Ha. That's so....fittingly shameful.

Sad, because it would be some really must-see-TV if these two squared off. I'd watch for sure, and I know many others who are curious would as well. Maybe the Cruz camp is (rightfully) scared to death about Beto's charisma and personality being juxtaposed with Ted's and beamed across the state.

Cruz took a page out of Perry's playbook and wants to bury the debates on Friday nights.  Smart move to avoid larger numbers of people seeing them live.

2 hours ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

I

I'd be curious to see what would happen in a debate when more vague and well-crafted messages and narratives give way to specific answers. That can either be a great boon to a candidacy or those types of direct questions in front of a tv camera can make one look horrible (look no further than the Kavanaugh clips post today 

I guess you missed every single debate featuring our moron of a  President.....

Just now, Ted Lange said:

I guess you missed every single debate featuring our moron of a  President.....

Actually, I thought Trump was pretty good at debating. He turned it into a sophomoric comedy hour type thing that and really dragged the whole thing down and he was pretty humorous. 

1 minute ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

Actually, I thought Trump was pretty good at debating. He turned it into a sophomoric comedy hour type thing that and really dragged the whole thing down and he was pretty humorous. 

Of course you did.  But to your original point when pressed on specifics he never gave any. All bluster and hyperbole 

1 hour ago, OatmealRaisinCookie said:

President Andrew Dice Clay

Mrs.LL was the same way until 22 months ago.  She's now more politically active than I am.

You and I aren't alone.  I have the distinct feeling that the turnout among women in this election is going to be astounding.

So she wants to bang Beto too?

(DDD Mom is right there too)

the time is one thing, Beto also wants an audience that can pose questions that aren't pre screened

*edit*

and of course Cruz is scared and won't do that because while he may have been a debate champ in college the last I saw he was getting clowned on by a senile snake oil salesman.  Why would he be scared of the guy who has literally spent the last year and a half going around the entire fucking state honing all the different parts of his spiel and answering questions from any Texan he can get to ask one of him.  Who also isn't a vomit monkey of a garbage pile of a human being

Edited by Celery Man
  • Like 3

One more thought after seeing him in person last night. The only negative things he said about Cruz were that he takes PAC money and says negative things about Beto. That Stark contrast with Cruz's Atwater special has to neutralize the effect of the attacks.

I'm statrting to believe Beto wins comfortably. If he loses, he goes straight to Iowa.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, horncyclist said:

Just got home. Guy's the real deal, just exudes passion throughout his stump and actually persuades you. Place was packed, definitely a younger crowd of a lot of ex Texans gone up to DC to save the world or whatever. Wife said it gave he goosebumps and made her cry. I'll allow it.

Event was really well organized and the thing that impressed me most is he stayed after to take a photo with every person there. Which was cool but also brilliant as those will become facebook profile pics for Aunt Thelma to ask about and influence friends.

Well, thanks to Troph I will get to experience the phenomenon first-hand later this month. I will closely monitor his effect on me, emotionally, mentally and physically.  For science, of course.  

9 minutes ago, horncyclist said:

One more thought after seeing him in person last night. The only negative things he said about Cruz were that he takes PAC money and says negative things about Beto. That Stark contrast with Cruz's Atwater special has to neutralize the effect of the attacks.

I'm statrting to believe Beto wins comfortably. If he loses, he goes straight to Iowa.

This.  There would be a lot of howling about inexperience, but that didn't stop them from voting Trump.  'But Trump is this ultimate businessman!'

Nope, he's the ultimate con man. 

I’m starting to get a bad feeling about this race. My wife and I never discuss politics, but she saw a Beto commercial last night and coldly told me that he was going to win. So now I have a terrible hangover and my wife had to wear sunglasses to work. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 16

3 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

I’m starting to get a bad feeling about this race. My wife and I never discuss politics, but she saw a Beto commercial last night and coldly told me that he was going to win. So now I have a terrible hangover and my wife had to wear sunglasses to work. 

MY WIFE SAID SOMETHING I DISAGREED WITH, SO I GOT DRUNK AND BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF HER HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Conservative attempts at humor, everybody!

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Nice try. You don't have a wife. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Hilarious.  Fuck off, cunt.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Celery Man said:

the time is one thing, Beto also wants an audience that can pose questions that aren't pre screened

*edit*

and of course Cruz is scared and won't do that because while he may have been a debate champ in college the last I saw he was getting clowned on by a senile snake oil salesman.  Why would he be scared of the guy who has literally spent the last year and a half going around the entire fucking state honing all the different parts of his spiel and answering questions from any Texan he can get to ask one of him.  Who also isn't a vomit monkey of a garbage pile of a human being

Watch this interaction with Kasim Reed on MTP. Watch Cruz's face when he realizes that he's not in control of the landscape of the conversation. 

Now watch what happens here - Cruz gets off to a really good start with prepared material. He's really good. Then he meets pushback of the most basic sort. Watch the flash of uncertainty at 3:38. When the camera returns he knows he's beat and caves on camera, literally nodding while Trump tears him down.  He finds his legs verbally at the end, but the optics are terrible. 

• Like 3

I'm not sure what the folks in the "Beto wins comfortably" camp are seeing that I'm not. He certainly has my vote and I will be volunteering more before the election but this still looks like a 3-6 percent loss to me. Did y'all think Texas was really gonna win 9-10 games too?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

I'm not sure what the folks in the "Beto wins comfortably" camp are seeing that I'm not. He certainly has my vote and I will be volunteering more before the election but this still looks like a 3-6 percent loss to me. Did y'all think Texas was really gonna win 9-10 games too?

How many folks here are in that camp?  

1 minute ago, Foosters said:

me. this is different. not just beto, the whole midterm election. there is a movement to take back our country. there is increased participation and interest unlike anything i have ever witnessed. and when republicans lose the suburban moms, they lose everything. Beto wins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longhorn94 said:

me. this is different. not just beto, the whole midterm election. there is a movement to take back our country. there is increased participation and interest unlike anything i have ever witnessed. and when republicans lose the suburban moms, they lose everything. Beto wins.

I'm not saying he can't win, I'm saying there's not a lot of serious speculation that he wins comfortably or wins going away.

I don't think he wins comfortably. I think if he eeks out a close win he'll end up fighting it out in the courts, because the Republican voter suppression/ vote fraud machine will be out in full force. Recounts, removal of "suspect" votes (anyone that votes for Beto with a Z at the end of their last name), etc. 

I think there’s some potential for the 2018 midterm elections being a huge reaction and it’s a big story and in this universe Beto has a huge boost and wins decidedly. The more likely scenario is that there is some reaction but not an enormous wave and Beto loses by a few points or more.

Huge chaos factor as well.

Poster about 20 points above me and the person who agreed, for one. Futther back, people have been more open about thinking he'll win since the viral video on the NFL players kneeling, thinking that was his moment. Maybe so, I just don't see it. Latino engagement isn't there and you can't count on the young to out vote the olds.

4 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Poster about 20 points above me and the person who agreed, for one. Futther back, people have been more open about thinking he'll win since the viral video on the NFL players kneeling, thinking that was his moment. Maybe so, I just don't see it. Latino engagement isn't there and you can't count on the young to out vote the olds.

Sadly, this remains my bet.  Cruz owns demographics that turn out and vote.  Beto owns demographics that don't.  And the middle-ground demographic of hispanics is not heavily-enough tilted D to make a difference.

The path to victory is incredibly high turnout among low-turnout groups, and somehow getting Cruz demographics to stay home.  Long odds there.