Cruz vs Beto

Washpark

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I really don’t think it is tbh.  Most GOP folks want people to be documented and accounted for in the proper manor.  I fully support people being able to come here, but go through the channels.   My ancestors did.   It’s not racist or heartless to ask for documentation.   

Were you asleep when the current administration developed policies to examine and deport legal and fully documented immigrants or to examine naturalized citizens and potentially remove their citizenship?

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I really don’t think it is tbh.  Most GOP folks want people to be documented and accounted for in the proper manor.  I fully support people being able to come here, but go through the channels.   My ancestors did.   It’s not racist or heartless to ask for documentation.   

What did your ancestors have to do?  Mine just had to show up. Somehow things worked out though. 

Just now, Huckleberry said:

Were you asleep when the current administration developed policies to examine and deport legal and fully documented immigrants or to examine naturalized citizens and potentially remove their citizenship?

We’re you asleep when I voted for Trump, because I was too apparently 

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

So like applying for asylum and then making a journey.  Or requesting a visa and then coming.  Or coming here, working, and documenting yourself daily (Lot Of that on the border).  

Why is it a must that our country should have the most slack-jawed immigration laws on earth?   It’s not an absolute chore to get in this country 

Our asylum laws literally require the claim to be made after or while entering the country. Please make an effort to understand the law you're talking about.

Just now, Trey3216 said:

Mine got run through Ellis Island like cattle.  Some got sent back, some got to stay.  Those that had proper paperwork stayed 

So you would be in favor of a return to pre-Chinese Exclusion Act immigration policy? At least something preceding the 1920s quota system? 

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Our asylum laws literally require the claim to be made after or while entering the country. Please make an effort to understand the law you're talking about.

Well fuck it, just let everyone on earth claim asylum.   Maybe we can annex their countries while we’re at it to provide more and better opportunities to spread our wealth and influence more equally once we start running out of space 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

Well fuck it, just let everyone on earth claim asylum.   Maybe we can annex their countries while we’re at it to provide more and better opportunities to spread our wealth and influence more equally once we start running out of space 

As someone who often represents individuals in asylum cases, I wouldn't sweat it.  Immigration judges generally despise them.  

35 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Interesting that several Trump-won counties went Beto:  Tarrant, Williamson.   Travis, Harris, Fort bend, and Dallas went further blue this year.

HIllary won 43% of the Texas vote and Beto is at 48%.   That's a major shift in 24 months.   Could Texas revert back right in 2020?  Sure but the future of 2022, 24, 26, whatever is becoming more of a reality.

Texas may revert slightly right in 2020 but I doubt it will be as wide as 2016, assuming Trump continues his current trajectory. Continued trends toward more D friendly demographics and more Trump fuckery will offset some of the non-Beto factor for the D candidate. Looks like Beto will lose by something like 3-4 percent in an 8mm voter election, I would think Trump vs generic D winds up a 5-7 point spread. 2024 is the year a good D candidate can flip this thing.

Edited by gmr548

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Our asylum policies are based on international agreements and treaties to which we are a signatory.

Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to asylum, go read, then make an argument.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

And soon enough, the democrats in that bracket will eventually become employed and flip.  

You realize that being college-educated is a predictor of voting Democratic?  

Are you under the delusion that college-educated folks sit around and vote D so they can collect unemployment?

Or are you just repeating Reagan-era talking points while having no fucking clue about the world around you?

Edited by Paul Wesley
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Our asylum policies are based on international agreements and treaties to which we are a signatory.

Just admit you have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to asylum, go read, then make an argument.

I’m fully aware of the definition of asylum 

49 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

So, predictions on what Beto does next?

After taking a two week nap of course.

Form an exploratory committee and start memorizing Iowa and New Hampshire geography?

Plan to challenge Cornyn?

Take the a big money job on K Street?

Sign on with MSNBC?

Beto is headed to Iowa in 6 months.

To be fair Cruz will be there too.

2 minutes ago, Paul Wesley said:

You realize that being college-educated is a predictor of voting Democratic?  

Are you under the delusion that college-educated folks sit around and vote D so they can collect unemployment?

Or are you just repeating Reagan-era talking points while having no fucking clue about the world around you?

There's a difference between being college educated and employed.  

The world around me just took your prize candidate propped up by massive amounts of out of state money and support, and said no thanks.  Despite the current sitting Republican President being Donald fucking Trump.

If I'm a Democrat, I'd be worried about voter fatigue. A load was blown and it lost.  

I would also be worried about Republicans hijacking any of your narratives - such as the legalization of marijuana.  

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

There's a difference between being college educated and employed.  

The world around me just took your prize candidate propped up by massive amounts of out of state money and support, and said no thanks.  Despite the current sitting Republican President being Donald fucking Trump.

If I'm a Democrat, I'd be worried about voter fatigue. A load was blown and it lost.  

I would also be worried about Republicans hijacking any of your narratives - such as the legalization of marijuana.  

Nah, bro.  Republicans just made it entirely economic. All the other shit doesn't really matter.  The only thing that is keeping us from outright civil war right now is food on the table.  Maybe we keep everyone fed.  But maybe we don't.  And if we don't, that's it.

Just now, David Dennison said:

We got an entire chamber of Congress.

You're focusing on the one you already controlled.

That is aggy.

Congrats.  

We expanded the senate.  Judges going to be confirmed left and right.  Pelosi can go as full tard as much as she wants.  Will help Trump in 2020.