Pics of parking douche baggery

Sabalo

16 minutes ago, futureman said:

toyota suv was attempting to parallel park.  she is backing up in the picture.  there was nobody behind me so I waited for her to finish, only took about 12 moves to slide in about three feet from the curb. 

276420C6-C94F-49FC-82A5-AF39BDDC685E.jpeg

this should be mandatory in driving license test

44 minutes ago, deadshank said:

everyone in TX ... dreaded the parallel parking portion of the TX drivers test.  

not men.  or at least not me.  I can parallel park anything, anywhere.  I once parked an F150 on 6th in two moves with literally six inches of space between vehicles in front and back.  I’m a goddamn parallel parking wizard, and I fear nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, futureman said:

not men.  or at least not me.  I can parallel park anything, anywhere.  I once parked an F150 on 6th in two moves with literally six inches of space between vehicles in front and back.  I’m a goddamn parallel parking wizard, and I fear nothing. 

I just want to be near you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, futureman said:

ive seen in the...errrr... less-worldly parts of the world, they literally just bump other cars out of the way when squeezing in a parallel spot.  you give them 1 inch, they'll take 2.

i suppose if all the cars are beaters, it doesnt really matter

2 hours ago, 52-80 said:

ive seen in the...errrr... less-worldly parts of the world, they literally just bump other cars out of the way when squeezing in a parallel spot.  you give them 1 inch, they'll take 2.

i suppose if all the cars are beaters, it doesnt really matter

you mean like Chicago?

3 hours ago, 52-80 said:

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

you mean like Chicago?

Standard parking procedure when I lived there. 

Leaving too large of a gap between your car and the car in front of you would get your car keyed. 

11 hours ago, deadshank said:

Really?  I remember everyone in TX, especially women and future aggy, dreaded the parallel parking portion of the TX drivers test.  

AZ you usually had to either parallel park or do a three-point turn, it was up to the examiner to pick which one you did.

We all dreaded the parallel park (there is actually nearly zero parallel parking in most of AZ) - thankfully my guy selected the three-point turn. Since then I've gotten pretty good at parallel parking, and backup cameras have made the three-point turn utterly brainless.

I used to not care for backup cameras because my brain couldn't reconcile the perspective differences between the physical mirrors and the camera display.  (I still blame manufacturer for not calibrating the angle/field of view). 

It also made for dissonance not knowing which to trust.

I do quite like them now.  They're not indespensible... but they are useful

• 2 weeks later...