Pics of parking douche baggery

Sabalo

No picture, sadly.  But I'll describe it as best as I can.

At Yellowstone earlier this month.   If you are familiar, many of the attractions are off one of the highways; sometimes a small two lane road with no shoulders winds it way through some trees to a smallish parking lot.  The attraction I'm speaking of is the Artist Paintpots:

GAP_Artists_Paintpots_overview_2.jpg

We get to the exit, and traffic is backed up.  We are off the highway, but not moving.  Occasionally we move up 20 feet or so, then stop.  Minutes pass.  Few in front of us decide to do a U turn and leave.  Oddly, very few cars are leaving the attraction.  As we get closer, my wife notices some flashing lights through the trees, like you would see on a police car.

We move up some more, turn the last corner....and see what the issue is.  There was a minivan parked in one lane of the two lane road entering the parking lot.  Naturally, I gave some benefit of doubt (mechanical issue, something).  The lights were from two ranger vehicles.

Eventually, we made our way into the lot, but circled it a few times.  There were two rangers standing by the minivan, waiting.  Eventually, we see a family of 5 making their way towards the end of the lot and my wife speculates its the minivan family.  Sure enough, it was.  

I wish I had taken photos of the encounter, or just stood close by and listened in.  These rangers were pissed, and gave the man a citation.  There was an argument, but he wasn't even close to parking in a lot, or even onto a shoulder (of which there were cars that had done so along the parking lot, but there was no shoulder where he just shut off his damned minivan).  The parking lot was full, so he literally just decided to say fuck it, slam it in park and go spend half an hour or longer looking at an attraction.  No fucks given by him, but he got a ticket out of the deal.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No picture, sadly.  But I'll describe it as best as I can.

At Yellowstone earlier this month.   If you are familiar, many of the attractions are off one of the highways; sometimes a small two lane road with no shoulders winds it way through some trees to a smallish parking lot.  The attraction I'm speaking of is the Artist Paintpots:

GAP_Artists_Paintpots_overview_2.jpg

We get to the exit, and traffic is backed up.  We are off the highway, but not moving.  Occasionally we move up 20 feet or so, then stop.  Minutes pass.  Few in front of us decide to do a U turn and leave.  Oddly, very few cars are leaving the attraction.  As we get closer, my wife notices some flashing lights through the trees, like you would see on a police car.

We move up some more, turn the last corner....and see what the issue is.  There was a minivan parked in one lane of the two lane road entering the parking lot.  Naturally, I gave some benefit of doubt (mechanical issue, something).  The lights were from two ranger vehicles.

Eventually, we made our way into the lot, but circled it a few times.  There were two rangers standing by the minivan, waiting.  Eventually, we see a family of 5 making their way towards the end of the lot and my wife speculates its the minivan family.  Sure enough, it was.  

I wish I had taken photos of the encounter, or just stood close by and listened in.  These rangers were pissed, and gave the man a citation.  There was an argument, but he wasn't even close to parking in a lot, or even onto a shoulder (of which there were cars that had done so along the parking lot, but there was no shoulder where he just shut off his damned minivan).  The parking lot was full, so he literally just decided to say fuck it, slam it in park and go spend half an hour or longer looking at an attraction.  No fucks given by him, but he got a ticket out of the deal.

that could be the winner of the douchebaggery title. definitely on the medal stand. 

• Like 1

Jagoffs that approach an intersection with a red light and decide to cut into and then haul ass across an adjoining parking lot so they don't have to stop.

It is always nice when the light turns green and you get to drive by them when they get hung up by traffic and you get to drive by them while they're stuck in the lot trying to get back out on the main lanes.

5 minutes ago, futureman said:

can only hope they were loading/unloading something heavy through those building doors?

Into the car with no storage space....but I agree it seems they backed up to load something.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, nnm said:

Maw maw having a difficult time parking in ETX also, plus gets a racist bonus for the OG CSA flag. 

Don't worry - that car will be outta there as soon as she realizes this isn't the 8-Liner convenience store she thought it was.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:48 AM, ROFL BOX said:

There are 2 different ways in / out.

This ONE bungled parking problem screwed everything up?824ac771f4ddd24d65fc3e31a49fba0c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Artist's Paint Pots, not the Fountain Paint Pots.

Completely different attraction

Star marks approximate location of where van was parked.  He didn't bother to get onto the shoulder. 

1590538142_ScreenShot2021-08-08at8_50_26PM.thumb.png.3f694f91249ac3dcd432b02b8b78f88f.png

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Steel Shank said:

This guy was parked here on his phone when I pulled in. I filled up, checked my hair in the mirror, and he was still sitting there in his phone. No fucks given. (My hair looked great, BTW.)
9e04c6320d0d9fb635346b54e076b42c.jpg

I’ll see that and raise you the guy in the white car waiting in the shade for the dude in the blue car to show up and then white car guy hops in blue car guy’s rig and they then conduct business and white car guy goes back to his car with a tightly bound package of dubious origin. 

I’m sure this was legitimate commerce. 

EC770C47-1F99-428B-8DC8-56586BDAEEEE.jpeg