18. Wisconsin (2-1)
19. Michigan (2-1)
20. Oregon (3-0)
21. Miami (2-1)
22. Texas A&M (2-1)
23. Boston College (3-0)
24. Michigan State (1-1)
25. BYU (3-0)

Others receiving votes:Iowa 64, Boise St. 62, Duke 61, Colorado 49, California 40, Kentucky 38, South Florida 14, Texas 12, NC State 10, Arizona St. 9, Missouri 8, Utah 6, San Diego St. 5, North Texas 4, South Carolina 4, Washington St. 2, Syracuse 2.

Edited by NowThis

Gotta admit, I like seeing Coach O succeed thus far at LSU. Call me a sucker for a little guy/underdog story.

Now, if we ever play them, I hope we crush them so badly he loses his job. But for now? Go Coach O.

And please, please, embarrass the fuck out of Aggy this year.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

When was the last time (if ever) that North Texas received votes?

And for anyone peeing in their panties over aggy, relax. Their life in the top 25 is severely limited.

It's only week 3 with most teams having 2 decent games so the pre-season bias is strong (Michigan State).  

Whereabouts does North Texas sit in your state's football totem poll?

23 minutes ago, notre dame joe said:

It's only week 3 with most teams having 2 decent games so the pre-season bias is strong (Michigan State).  

Not as good as Central or Western Michigan. Maybe better than Saginaw Valley State?

So how can aggy claim BOMC if they crack the top 25 after a loss, (and cupcake win) and we don't after beating the shit out of a ranked team?

I'm almost glad it shook out that way, keeps the rollercoaster going up and takes away their delusional talking point.

Gotta admit, I like seeing Coach O succeed thus far at LSU. Call me a sucker for a little guy/underdog story.
Now, if we ever play them, I hope we crush them so badly he loses his job. But for now? Go Coach O.
If we ever play them..

Is coming up pretty damn soon.

9 hours ago, BigXII said:

the only thing little about coach o is his list of accomplishments

8 hours ago, ousux said:

So how can aggy claim BOMC if they crack the top 25 after a loss, (and cupcake win) and we don't after beating the shit out of a ranked team?

I'm almost glad it shook out that way, keeps the rollercoaster going up and takes away their delusional talking point.

Besides USC being a fraud, SOS took some big hits with Tulsa losing to Arkansas State and Maryland getting destroyed.

17 hours ago, notre dame joe said:

Underground?  Trinity Highschool might be edging them.

But seriously:

UTEP/Texas St/UTSA tier.

But they've been a dumpster fire for so long those schools might find that offensive.

17 hours ago, NowThis said:

UNT, this year's UCF? 

As far as them going unbeaten? Could be. I honestly don't see a loss on their schedule now that they've cleared the best of it. Perhaps Southern Miss could disrupt shit for them (they always have a decent amount of talent relative to their conference), but other than that it looks like smooth sailing as long as everyone stays healthy. I will say, however, that among teams who've gone unbeaten in the 1998-pres era, this would be the most underwhelming undefeated team ever in terms of the schedule. Seriously, this is even worse than Hawai'i in 2007.

Edited by hpslugga

Other than Alabama, I don't think anyone is playing better to start the season than LSU.

I am always the head of the crew lamenting how overrated the SEC is with their scheduling advantages and only ever playing one another to determine that their conference is dominant, but this year they seem to really have their shit together.

I don't know what the fuck anyone is ever going to do about Alabama.

20 hours ago, BigXII said:

I'm with you on that.

LSU has always been my 2nd team going all the way back to the "Chinese Bandit" days.