2019 RB Derrian Brown

texifornia

37 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Nope they tend to sensationalize stuff.

https://gis.cdc.gov/GRASP/Fluview/FluHospRates.html

So...just so we're clear, you said it's unlikely he was hospitalized because he's not under 3 or over 65. You then say you don't follow the news, but provided a chart with week by week data of flu hospitalizations the last several months by age group. And overall (including the ages you've excluded), the number of people hospitalized with the Flu has gone up from .1 per 100,000 from the first week of October, to to 14.8 for the week ending in January 19th. For the record, that is an increase of 148x. So, you know, not nothing. 

Ages 5-17 up 57x
Ages 18-49 up 70x
Ages 50-64 up 198x

In terms of real numbers (based on a current US population of 325,700,000):

Ages 5-17: From 32.5 people a week to 1856.49 people a week
Ages 18-49: From 32.5 people a week to 2292.5 people a week
Ages 50-64: From 32.5 people a week 6448.85 people a week. 

I mean. That seems pretty sensational to me. Also, I appreciate the link you provided that soundly disproves your point. 

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So...just so we're clear, you said it's unlikely he was hospitalized because he's not under 3 or over 65. You then say you don't follow the news, but provided a chart with week by week data of flu hospitalizations the last several months by age group. And overall (including the ages you've excluded), the number of people hospitalized with the Flu has gone up from .1 per 100,000 from the first week of October, to to 14.8 for the week ending in January 19th. For the record, that is an increase of 148x. So, you know, not nothing. 

Ages 5-17 up 57x
Ages 18-49 up 70x
Ages 50-64 up 198x

I mean. That seems pretty sensational to me. Also, I appreciate the link you provided that soundly disproves your point. 

So you’re saying they fixed the vaccine issue from last season? Tight.

21 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ages 5-17 up 57x
Ages 18-49 up 70x
Ages 50-64 up 198x

It requires a bit less insight, but the fact remains the vast majority of hospital admissions for infuenza are not at the age of 18.

I'm not attempting to downplay influenza by any means, lost several members to it.

My point simply is there are quite a few much more common admissions to a hospital for an 18 year old (suicidal attempt, drug overdose, appendicitis).

As well, comparing flu admissions in October to flu admissions in January and not expecting a substantial jump suggests you are not in the medical field.

9 minutes ago, MoJames said:

It requires a bit less insight, but the fact remains the vast majority of hospital admissions for infuenza are not at the age of 18.

I'm not attempting to downplay influenza by any means, lost several members to it.

My point simply is there are quite a few much more common admissions to a hospital for an 18 year old (suicidal attempt, drug overdose, appendicitis).

As well, comparing flu admissions in October to flu admissions in January and not expecting a substantial jump suggests you are not in the medical field.

It was reported as "illness" so I ruled out OD, accident and self-inflicted injury.  So after an appendix, flu is pretty high on the list of potential illnesses even for a young person.

I’m gonna go off the board and go with something more acutely dangerous, given that he needs to “pull through”. Brain bleed of some kind.  Aneurysm or congenital abnormality  

Prayers up, in any case. 

Edited by GRHorn

Not a sickness, apparently. Major emergency surgery indicates an event has occurred that is of a life threatening nature. Many thoughts and prayers that it is being handled appropriately and timely and a full recovery to follow. Good luck and best wishes to him and his family.

• Like 1

IF it's an appendicitis, I had a nasty abscess that kept me in over a week. No laproscoptic but full straight incision. 

The worst part wasn't any of that, it was the dye that they shoot up your ass, leave it in there for 20 minutes while doing an MRI (I think that's it , couldn't bring metal in there) to map my innards to diagnose the appendicitis.