2019 RB Derrian Brown

texifornia

DB was reported to be AT practice yesterday working out with Yancy in a makeshift weight room so I assume he's enrolled by now.

Also I heard Daniel Young has completely remade his body and that it may be too soon to count him out. 

edit wrong guy

Edited by Chopper

56 minutes ago, Chopper said:

DB was reported to be AT practice yesterday working out with Yancy in a makeshift weight room so I assume he's enrolled by now.

Also I heard Daniel Young has completely remade his body and that it may be too soon to count him out. 

That was our True FR LB, Floyd.

• 3 weeks later...

The more I see of this kid, the more I think he plays again.  That it hasn't been ruled out and that Herman thinks he may participate next year are encouraging.  He's a fighter.  

Hit the books now because Yancy's waiting to get his hands on you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lhorn said:

The more I see of this kid, the more I think he plays again.  That it hasn't been ruled out and that Herman thinks he may participate next year are encouraging.  He's a fighter.  

Hit the books now because Yancy's waiting to get his hands on you.

Yancy's going to take him from hospital bed to Captain America. No one I'd rather his future be in control of.

• Like 1

We never got an exact diagnosis or results of any testing for predisposing conditions. My working guess has been a venous sinus thrombosis, blood clot in a big brain vein. Some authorities think anticoagulation (blood thinners) afterwards should be long-term, some a year, some 3-6 months, and some argue they aren’t appropriate. I can’t imagine he’ll be cleared for contact while on blood thinners. Strength and conditioning, etc should be fine. If I’ve guessed his condition, if he gets an average duration of anticoagulation, that would mean he is probably arguably OK to start back when desired at this point. They’re probably going to watch him be a student for a semester before they let him be a FB player again though.

disclaimer: that took a boatload of guesses to answer

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

We never got an exact diagnosis or results of any testing for predisposing conditions. My working guess has been a venous sinus thrombosis, blood clot in a big brain vein. Some authorities think anticoagulation (blood thinners) afterwards should be long-term, some a year, some 3-6 months, and some argue they aren’t appropriate. I can’t imagine he’ll be cleared for contact while on blood thinners. Strength and conditioning, etc should be fine. If I’ve guessed his condition, if he gets an average duration of anticoagulation, that would mean he is probably arguably OK to start back when desired at this point. They’re probably going to watch him be a student for a semester before they let him be a FB player again though.

Is there likely to be a concern with pressure in the head when lifting something heavy?  Obviously, I’m not a doctor but sometimes I get light headed after lifting.

37 minutes ago, Richter said:

Is there likely to be a concern with pressure in the head when lifting something heavy?  Obviously, I’m not a doctor but sometimes I get light headed after lifting.

Not really. Light-headedness is usually from all the blood going somewhere else. Football doesn’t cause what he seemed to have. The problems are (1) his condition might have taken away brain function he needed, (2) blood thinners he might take to help prevent recurrence put him at unacceptable risk of serious bleeding with contact while he’s on them, and (3) unrelated to football, he could have another episode.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Not really. Light-headedness is usually from all the blood going somewhere else. Football doesn’t cause what he seemed to have. The problems are (1) his condition might have taken away brain function he needed, (2) blood thinners he might take to help prevent recurrence put him at unacceptable risk of serious bleeding with contact while he’s on them, and (3) unrelated to football, he could have another episode.

For all of those scenarios, the more I hope he medically retires.. Maybe he can trot on the field suited up or something.  I know his passion is playing this game but life and health is bigger than that.  Fuck me.. the 39yr old dad in me is coming out #L

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Which is why I stated they would wait until spring to give it a year from the CVA. Not an orthopedic surgeon, but I did go to medical school. 

11 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wonder if he’s cleared for heavy weight lifting and conditioning yet, or to what level he will be participating in team activities. 

11 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Not a chance until spring at the earliest in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

6 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Which is why I stated they would wait until spring to give it a year from the CVA. Not an orthopedic surgeon, but I did go to medical school. 

Other than the possible exception of the bolded text, I don’t think one could find a dime’s worth of difference between our opinions.

1 minute ago, Magus Ossis said:

Other than the possible exception of the bolded text, I don’t think one could find a dime’s worth of difference between our opinions.

You're right. Even though I'm not a neurologist, I see quite a bit of patients with significant history of CVA - many with behavioral problems. I respect your medical opinion and will @ you whenever an orthopedic consult is warranted. My response to your post was as a result of @texifornia asking for a second opinion and some other asshat replying with ol' UDontKnow response.

2 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

You're right. Even though I'm not a neurologist, I see quite a bit of patients with significant history of CVA - many with behavioral problems. I respect your medical opinion and will @ you whenever an orthopedic consult is warranted. My response to your post was as a result of @texifornia asking for a second opinion and some other asshat replying with ol' UDontKnow response.

step brothers fighting GIF

12 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

The next time anyone in medicine wants an orthopod’s opinion on anything neuro will be the first. 😁

• Like 1