2019 RB Derrian Brown

texifornia

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

If you look at his Twitter, he's clearly taking it as a reason to work harder. 

That's good. I got to give credit where credit is due but Herman really does seem to put genuine emphasis on character  and culture fits other than Shepard everyone in this class seems to have their head in the right place.

On 12/19/2018 at 6:23 AM, texifornia said:

Signed

Some Horns fans posted on Twitter their dissatisfaction that neither Cain nor Trey signed with Texas..... Love that Brown just sees it as a Challenge to be Great.

Really pulling for yah Derrian!!

Hook'em 🤘

1 hour ago, Wishbone said:

Fair enough. Haven’t looked into him much with all the other RB nonsense as a distraction. Hopefully he can be a pass outlet as well.

He's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the strongest part of his game, and then he's a great North/South runner with some juke. We got a freaking steal out of Georgia's backyard. Apparently this kid has always wanted to attend Texas. We actually got a dream school kid from oos who happens to be one of the beer RB's in the country. I'm obviously a huge fan, too.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the strongest part of his game, and then he's a great North/South runner with some juke. We got a freaking steal out of Georgia's backyard. Apparently this kid has always wanted to attend Texas. We actually got a dream school kid from oos who happens to be one of the beer RB’s in the country. I'm obviously a huge fan, too.

Thanks. BTW, one of these could come in handy. I may have to look into getting one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's a great pass catcher out of the backfield. That's the strongest part of his game, and then he's a great North/South runner with some juke. We got a freaking steal out of Georgia's backyard. Apparently this kid has always wanted to attend Texas. We actually got a dream school kid from oos who happens to be one of the beer RB's in the country. I'm obviously a huge fan, too.

Beer RB..... that's a new one

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He is also really subtle at picking through the trash at the LOS and getting to the second level. His game reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith but with more speed. I really like the kids vision, in some of his highlights he is patient and lets blocks set up, and some he is just screeching through the hole full sprint. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

He is also really subtle at picking through the trash at the LOS and getting to the second level. His game reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith but with more speed. 

I can see that. He's a lighter build like Kamara, but the dude can grind out the yardage needed. He won't redshirt. People will find out quickly that he's going to be a better Tre Watson, who's a master at catching, but this kid can do both and do them well. 

Edited by Spider2YBanana
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, MoJames said:

eww, not a ton of reasons to be hospitalized at 18.

Hopefully something like an appendicitis or maybe a bad case of stomach bug- food poisoning. 

I should say not hoping for any of that but was trying to think of possible common major reasons why he could be in.

Edited by Butch Had Not